Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Did you get to complete the "next steps" on the website yet? Indicating the purchasing options (trade-in, cash, hire purchase, driving license)?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I still have mine.....not surprised they are prioritizing new sales of P model over reservation holders :)
    I know you were one, I did the same as you had to cancel the reservation, but im only getting a SR+
    The first 30 I think in UK were all performance TOP spec'ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Edit option is still there for me #233

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Did you get to complete the "next steps" on the website yet? Indicating the purchasing options (trade-in, cash, hire purchase, driving license)?

No, next septs is still the boiler plate message - clicking overview link still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Old diesel

So Bjorn Neyland has apparently got his hands on an SR+.

Will be looking at range and charge speed.

I got notification of the livestream on the TeslaBjornlive channel.

Edit as I speak hes currently in his OWN Model 3 but according to commentators on the livestream will be picking up the SR+ in an hour or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Old diesel wrote: »
    So Bjorn Neyland has apparently got his hands on an SR+.

Will be looking at range and charge speed.

I got notification of the livestream on the TeslaBjornlive channel

Nice

Leaf62 this month too apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

My option to edit order is gone too. Invoice #33 SR+ Black/Black 18" Aeros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

This thread doesn't make me jealous in the slightest.

No siree.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

macnab wrote: »

Still have Edit option Invoice #5

Performance, Black Interior, Blue, No FSD

Although I did Edit my order in the last few weeks,

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

No matter how many times I press [F5], the damn 'Edit' button won't go away....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

My edit option is gone. Order number in the mid 170's SR+ white. Was a reservation holder since Jan. Ordered one week after the configuration opened up

In case it adds anything my invoice number was ....245 was placed 27/06/19

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

ah lads stop your breaking my heart - I'm regretting waiting now should have been more decisive about personal vs business ownership

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

My order number was in the first 10 and I still have the bloody edit button. Just take my €75k already!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Reservation holder, white performance, invoice number 92, still can edit the bloody thing :mad:

At the risk of depressing people - there’s lots of chatter on the UK Facebook group and forums today from people that have received VINs and/or phone calls. All being told to expect delivery from mid-August to early September (take with a pinch of salt since they were being told to expect delivery mid-July to early August as recently as last week). The new timeline would make sense based on Triumph Ace leaving San Francisco in the next few days though.

It’s hard to see us getting any of those cars so we’re gonna be waiting for the next ship which at best would leave two weeks after Triumph Ace. We could be well into September then, at which point you have to wonder if you’d be better off waiting for a 201 plate.

hatrack wrote: »
    At the risk of depressing people - there’s lots of chatter on the UK Facebook group and forums today from people that have received VINs and/or phone calls. All being told to expect delivery from mid-August to early September (take with a pinch of salt since they were being told to expect delivery mid-July to early August as recently as last week). The new timeline would make sense based on Triumph Ace leaving San Francisco in the next few days though.

It’s hard to see us getting any of those cars so we’re gonna be waiting for the next ship which at best would leave two weeks after Triumph Ace. We could be well into September then, at which point you have to wonder if you’d be better off waiting for a 201 plate.

Yeah honestly if i dont have it by end of August i really will consider waiting. Even if the price of the black paint option goes up €1100. Seems weird to buy a brand new car so late in the year. When you go to sell it will be treated same as 191 most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

hatrack wrote: »

What you're failing to understand is that if you're going to be holding the car for only a few years or this is a financial stretch for you then sure, hold off for a 201, get mad that tesla's communication isn't 100%.

For a lot of us though we're waiting for years for this thing. We don't care about the supposed crap after-sales, we don't care to wait for a while longer for our cars. We all in, current auto makers are reprehensible, tesla is the antithesis of the status quo. We don't care we haven't been able to test drive this thing, we don't care to be called cultist. We're fully bought in.

If that isn't you, cool, you're good too.

maclek wrote: »
    What you're failing to understand is that if you're going to be holding the car for only a few years or this is a financial stretch for you then sure, hold off for a 201, get mad that tesla's communication isn't 100%.

For a lot of us though we're waiting for years for this thing. We don't care about the supposed crap after-sales, we don't care to wait for a while longer for our cars. We all in, current auto makers are reprehensible, tesla is the antithesis of the status quo. We don't care we haven't been able to test drive this thing, we don't care to be called cultist. We're fully bought in.

Trust me I'm in the same boat - been waiting for this car since the announcement which I watched live. The S & X are out of my budget so this is the car for me. I don't plan on selling for a long long time - ideally, i would like to trust in what Elon has been saying that eventually this car could be turned into a "RoboTaxi". Obviously, we live in Ireland though so god knows if that will ever be allowed, they don't even allow people to user UBER etc without a full taxi license.

I don't mind waiting - just wish I knew a timeframe (like everyone on here i suppose - we all in the same boat)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm not really bothered about the 192 thing or the 201 plate. I'm more worried about getting less and less for my current ICE car the longer I leave off selling it with the government encouraging people to move away from ICE.

rduggy wrote: »
    I don't mind waiting - just wish I knew a timeframe (like everyone on here i suppose - we all in the same boat)

But which boat? And when is it arriving?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

rg_lv wrote: »
    My edit option is gone. Order number in the mid 170's SR+ white. Was a reservation holder since Jan. Ordered one week after the configuration opened up

Hmmm... I'm #56, also SR+ White. Black interior, no FSD. Edit Design is still there for me. You sure you're looking in the right place? Right hand side, under the phone number?

rg_lv wrote: »

Bah - I've ordered a white, black interior SR+ as well. Reservation holder, very low order number and no news/progress (assuming a missing "edit design" button is progress, but it must be, right!?).

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

I have a feeling its going to be Mid August for people who lost the Edit option.
    Would it be worth waiting for the new budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Blue performance plus with black interior, order no. 120, my edit button disappeared today too

• Advertisement

Are people edit buttons disappearing throughout the day or was it all in one batch earlier today/last night?

Has anyone seen it today and now its gone?

This would give rest of us hope we might be next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

My Edit is gone too,STILL THERE (not sure if hallucinating or wishful thinking) 2017 Reservation holder, Invoice before yours, SR+ Blue/Black, 18" standard wheels.

So only the SR+ ones are not editable, Performance still can? I wouldn't draw too much into that, the Performance customer is going to be allowed more leeway due to the extra $€ being spent

Popped into Sandyford today as I was in the area, the guys are not yet showing any frustration about the repeated "Where are our carz!" as they just don't have any info from head office.
    bdogg wrote: »
    In case it adds anything my invoice number was ....245 was placed 27/06/19

Well, it makes my little graph a little prettier (we're currently day 42):

TPrVPEl.jpg

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    So only the SR+ ones are not editable, Performance still can? I wouldn't draw too much into that, the Performance customer is going to be allowed more leeway due to the extra $€ being spent

Nope. jordan191 has ordered P3+ and edit button is gone.

Frustratingly mine is same order as jordan191 but with added FSD, also lower order number and I still have the bloody edit button!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭CFC007

The UFO car is left hand drive. I guess it’s just for promotion until their right hand drive arrives?

CFC007 wrote: »
    The UFO car is left hand drive. I guess it’s just for promotion until their right hand drive arrives?

Presume so. Didn’t someone actually post pictures of that Model 3 on a ferry in the last few days?

You’d wonder why they’d bother bringing it over for a photoshoot. Would be better off having it in Luxembourg making money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Not prehistoric, this is the future of customer service, the computer will handle everything, technology replaces people! What could possibly go wrong?

So if you live in Cork and your tesla breaks down - its up to you to get the car to Dublin to get looked at. Did you know this?

Call me old fashioned but i think thats pretty prehistoric and not befitting of premium brand service.

RedorDead wrote: »
    So if you live in Cork and your tesla breaks down - its up to you to get the car to Dublin to get looked at. Did you know this?

Call me old fashioned but i think thats pretty prehistoric and not befitting of premium brand service.

Dude, /s, meant as sarcasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

its up to you to get the car to Dublin to get looked at. Did you know this?

Tesla Ranger to the rescue:D

Not prehistoric, this is the future of customer service, the computer will handle everything, technology replaces people! What could possibly go wrong?

You mean there is no recovery service at all?????.

See web FAQ's
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/roadside-assistance

Breakdowns
    A warrantable breakdown of the car that renders it un-drivable.
    Coverage: Transportation services of up to 800 km to the nearest Service Center are provided.

Flat Tire
    Damage to the wheel or tire that causes flat or unsafe driving conditions.
    Coverage: Flat tire services are provided for up to 80 km.

Lockouts
    Circumstances where the car cannot be unlocked normally due to car, fob or app malfunction.
    Coverage: A Roadside Professional will create a small opening between the door and car frame in order to manually open your door within 80 km of your car’s location.

Out of Range
    When your battery charge is depleted and you can’t make it to a charging station, or the car has been unplugged for an extended period of time.
    Coverage: We are able to assist you, but this is not a financially covered service. Contact Roadside Assistance to learn more or arrange a transport.

rduggy wrote: »

See web FAQ's
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/roadside-assistance

Breakdowns
    A warrantable breakdown of the car that renders it un-drivable.
    Coverage: Transportation services of up to 800 km to the nearest Service Center are provided.

Flat Tire
    Damage to the wheel or tire that causes flat or unsafe driving conditions.
    Coverage: Flat tire services are provided for up to 80 km.

Lockouts
    Circumstances where the car cannot be unlocked normally due to car, fob or app malfunction.
    Coverage: A Roadside Professional will create a small opening between the door and car frame in order to manually open your door within 80 km of your car’s location.

Out of Range
    When your battery charge is depleted and you can’t make it to a charging station, or the car has been unplugged for an extended period of time.
    Coverage: We are able to assist you, but this is not a financially covered service. Contact Roadside Assistance to learn more or arrange a transport.

Pretty much as I would expect - it's just the post i replied to implied otherwise and spoke of prehistoric service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SirPixie

I’m in Cork. Doooommmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Hardly prehistoric service, I have owned Mercedes for 15 years and not once have they offered a mobile service

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/service-visits

• Advertisement

My edit button has just disappeared. It was there this morning for sure.

White/Black interior, SR+, nothing else extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Hour three hundred of Edit button watch, Edit button is gone!

Blue/Black Interior, Performance

My edit button there still however today the mobile app allows me login and it’s says welcome to the Tesla family and shows my car design.

This is first day app didn’t just have blank screen

So just black interiors getting the edit button removed?

Stay strong fellow white interiors!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

My edit button is gone ����������
    208 order
    Perfomance +upgrade + Full autopilot + black seats
    ��������

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SirPixie

Gone for me too MSM/Black Interior/Performance.
    Was there last night, not there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

Looks like this is how to check if Vin number is allocated or not

"Login to your Tesla Account
    Click "Manage"
    when that page loads, right click and choose "View Source"
    Hold CTRL and press F to search the page.
    Type 5YJ
    If you get a result then thats the VIN number that has been allocated to your account.
    Interestingly some of the people that recieved cars last week didn't have a VIN in the view source, so its not a solid method, but can give an idication of some movement on your account."

P3+ Blue FSD with black interior - edit button has disappeared in the last hour. Glory be!

Take my money already.

Kicha wrote: »
    Looks like this is how to check if Vin number is allocated or not

"Login to your Tesla Account
    Click "Manage"
    when that page loads, right click and choose "View Source"
    Hold CTRL and press F to search the page.
    Type 5YJ
    If you get a result then thats the VIN number that has been allocated to your account.
    Interestingly some of the people that recieved cars last week didn't have a VIN in the view source, so its not a solid method, but can give an idication of some movement on your account."

Checked this (my edit button disappeared yesterday)

Got this - looks like I have a VIN. (I Removed the 10 digits in middle of VIN for here)

/inventory/callback/5YJ..........6813

• Advertisement

bdogg wrote: »
    Checked this (my edit button disappeared yesterday)

Got this - looks like I have a VIN. (I Removed the 10 digits in middle of VIN for here)

/inventory/callback/5YJ..........6813

Did you run a VIN lookup to see what comes back? Can you give last 6 digits as opposed to last four? We can see what VIN batch it was in then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement