Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

hatrack wrote: »
    Did you run a VIN lookup to see what comes back? Can you give last 6 digits as opposed to last four? We can see what VIN batch it was in then.

Last 6 digits:

bdogg wrote: »
    Last 6 digits:

Looks like that's a placeholder VIN. Saw on another forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I've no VIN in the "Manage" page, but if I replace "profile" in the URL with "product-finalize" (found on a US tesla forum) and then view source and search for 5YJ I have a VIN ending 439XXX.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

bdogg wrote: »
    Last 6 digits:

Couldn’t be a Model 3 VIN so. VIN number for a RHD Model 3 will be somewhere over 400,000.

Run it through this and see what comes back:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    I've no VIN in the "Manage" page, but if I replace "profile" in the URL with "product-finalize" (found on a US tesla forum) and then view source and search for 5YJ I have a VIN ending 439XXX.

Now that’s a good sign. That range puts it in Batch 4 registered on 3 July. Could even be on Triumph Ace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

My Edit option came back today :O

Cheers for this workaround - got around to doing this and I found I have a VIN ending 439504

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Any red showing up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

My edit option gone today, reservation invoice been disappearing & reappearing over last 48 hours. Just used the above trick & a VIN showing up :)

White, black interior, performance -

VIN ending 423XXX

Also is anyone ordering a tow hook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

krissovo wrote: »
    Also is anyone ordering a tow hook?

Yep

Tried the above trick and I’m seeing a VIN in the 439XXX range. P3+ Blue FSD black interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Couldn’t be a Model 3 VIN so. VIN number for a RHD Model 3 will be somewhere over 400,000.

Run it through this and see what comes back:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

I checked mine and i have the same placeholder VIN as above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

An honest question, Those of you adding FSD, do you think it will be allowed on EU roads in the lifetime of the car? Or is there some other reason for adding it?

An honest question, Those of you adding FSD, do you think it will be allowed on EU roads in the lifetime of the car? Or is there some other reason for adding it?

They recently changed what's covered under 'FSD'. The autopilot comes as standard with the car - that's essentially traffic aware cruise control.

FSD option now allows you to - summon the car from tight spots via your phone, auto park (looks hit and miss) and change lanes automatically on motorways. The full self driving thing won't be along for a long time I reckon and I couldn't justify spending €6k on essentially summoning and auto-parking.

The beauty is you can always buy FSD suite afterwards if the features become compelling. All the hardware is in the car to support it - plus we get the new autopiolot 3 computer having waited so long for RHD cars.

It’s not worth it at the moment. I can’t justify it but I also test drove a Model S and decided against it so by going a 3 I felt I had some budget left over.

My hope would be that in the not too distant future we could at least do hands off motorway driving for a decent distance, to me that would make the €6k worth it. I think actual full self driving is years away and will never happen in the life of my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 akunz

Another case of the mysterious disappearing edit button, mine disappeared today as well, Performance, Black

For what it’s worth - over in the UK there was uproar over some non-reservation holders receiving VINs in the last couple of days when Day 1 reservation holders / Day 1 orderers had nothing. Someone posted some correspondence they had from Tesla and they (ie Tesla) said that the ‘US’ had incorrectly allocated VINs and that it had now been resolved. This tallies with VINs disappearing from source code overnight for a number of people (at least a few are non-reservation holders).

Hopefully all that means that since they’ve reallocated VINs, the VINs we’ve all received are genuine and meant to be attached to our accounts.

Did anyone else's edit button disappear then come back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My hope would be that in the not too distant future we could at least do hands off motorway driving for a decent distance, to me that would make the €6k worth it.

You can do that with a half full bottle of water. Or with a sock filled with a handful of coins ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I am also without edit button now 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

I am order 225 with white interior and still have the edit link and no VIN number in the source code

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Yurple wrote: »
    I am order 225 with white interior and still have the edit link and no VIN number in the source code

It is pretty clear that the triumph ace is going to Europe with no rhd white interior cars (maybe none at all?)

If you look at the start of previous quarters they get a pretty good cadence of boats so we won't have to wait too long. In a month or so it won't matter, does kinda suck now though!

Were you a reservation holder?

No i wasn't. I ordered late after all you guys already put your orders in :) but i am excited to wait but i hope it wont be too long because then I am thinking of telling them to delay my order until January for 201 plates.

No i wasn't. I ordered late after all you guys already put your orders in :) but i am excited to wait but i hope it wont be too long because then I am thinking of telling them to delay my order until January for 201 plates.

Don't forget that tesla is quarterly driven, North America gets all the end of quarter production to meet delivery numbers, plus the us tax credit completely goes away after December so there will be a push for that. They are unlikely to deliver cars here in January so you are looking at least a six month delay for 201 plates.

maclek wrote: »
    Don't forget that tesla is quarterly driven, North America gets all the end of quarter production to meet delivery numbers, plus the us tax credit completely goes away after December so there will be a push for that. They are unlikely to deliver cars here in January so you are looking at least a six month delay for 201 plates.

Interesting! I didnt think of it like that.

I will just wait it out then :)

Would anybody be interested to see what colour combination people have chosen??

This strawpoll has the 10 options:
    http://www.strawpoll.me/18313362/r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

maclek wrote: »

Sorry, I realise this is a noob question that's probably been answered somewhere but I can't see a sticky so...

Is this "tax credit going away" an Irish thing or US? Or both?

• Advertisement

It’s US only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

My Edit option is back. I can't find a VIN in the source code. I am #33 (1st June reservation)

macnab wrote: »
    My Edit option is back. I can't find a VIN in the source code. I am #33 (1st June reservation)

i had the same Edit disappeared on Wednesday and returned yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

My edit button appeared today �� after disappearing for the past two days..

Lumen wrote: »
    Sorry, I realise this is a noob question that's probably been answered somewhere but I can't see a sticky so...

Is this "tax credit going away" an Irish thing or US? Or both?

Just a US thing, although most counties have some incentives. It really is a case of stupid politicians interfering in the market in dumb ways (or in clever ways if you're a traditional automaker who has fallen behind). Let's punish the companies that get into this early rather than just set a deadline and punish the companies that get into it later.

Having said that the bik incentive in Ireland is pretty good but it would a lot better if they set it to expire 3 years after first registration of that vehicle in Ireland for cars registered up to X date.

Sorry, getting a bit off topic here.

Wow.. interesting to see the colour combinations in the poll. Didn't expect a lot of black on black :)
    https://www.strawpoll.me/18313362/r

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Just back after two days not looking here, no VIN for me and edit is still there :(

jarrieta wrote: »
    Just back after two days not looking here, no VIN for me and edit is still there :(

Were you a reservation holder? Wondering if there’s any pattern to the assignments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Were you a reservation holder? Wondering if there’s any pattern to the assignments.

Yes, reservation holder, order 92 iirc, perf white with black seats

Triumph Ace has left San Fran for Europe...what's the chances itll swing by Rosslare first ?!
    https://twitter.com/mortenlund89/status/1150079991130087425?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Triumph Ace has left San Fran for Europe...what's the chances itll swing by Rosslare first ?!
    https://twitter.com/mortenlund89/status/1150079991130087425?s=19

Rosslare? Slim to none......and slims away at rehab that week..... :-P :-) As far as I know all Euro cars are sent to the Dutch finishing plant for final checks etc before being sent on the their various markets across the continent.

• Advertisement

jfk75 wrote: »
    Rosslare? Slim to none......and slims away at rehab that week..... :-P :-) As far as I know all Euro cars are sent to the Dutch finishing plant for final checks etc before being sent on the their various markets across the continent.

That’s for Model S and X only. They bring them to Tilburg for final “assembly” to avoid import taxes. Model 3 are charged at the ICO Terminal in Zeebrugge and put straight on tucks.

If some of the cars on Triumph Ace are for Irish customers then there’s no reason why we shouldn’t see some cars delivered on or around August 13th.

That’s for Model S and X only. They bring them to Tilburg for final “assembly” to avoid import taxes. Model 3 are charged at the ICO Terminal in Zeebrugge and put straight on tucks.

If some of the cars on Triumph Ace are for Irish customers then there’s no reason why we shouldn’t see some cars delivered on or around August 13th.

Exactly right re X/S. Landed in Rotterdam / Zeebrugge and barged up to Tilburg for reassembly. Itll be interesting to see how Irish cars get here. I'm guessing trucked up through UK and over to Dub port ?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Cheers for this hint mate, found I have a VIN too! Roll on the delivery dates.:):)

I've just checked the pricing after not going near the website for a while. I was expecting 50k/60k/70k (SR+/LR/P) based on previous discussions I followed but now it seems like 48.9k/60.7k (SR+/P).

The M3P with no options for 61k seems like the sweet spot, useful extra range and comical acceleration. I can't see the sense in 20" wheels on Irish roads, and the track mode seems pointless in a 1850kg car. The lack of track mode and big brakes would probably mildly annoy me the one time I took it on track whereas the big wheels (which are mandatory due to different hub apparently) would annoy me every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭technocrat

New to this thread so was wondering where I could test drive a Model 3.

Does anyone know if they have stock in Sandyford and they offer test drives?

TIA

technocrat wrote: »
    New to this thread so was wondering where I could test drive a Model 3.

Does anyone know if they have stock in Sandyford and they offer test drives?

TIA

No test drives or stock for a few months. They just started test drives in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

Lumen wrote: »
    I've just checked the pricing after not going near the website for a while. I was expected 50/60/70 (SR+/LR/P) based on previous discussions I followed but now it seems like 48.9/60.7 (SR+/P).

The M3P with no options for 61k seems like the sweet spot, useful extra range and comical acceleration. I can't see the sense in 20" wheels on Irish roads, and the track mode seems pointless in a 1850kg car. The lack of track mode and big brakes would probably mildly annoy me the one time I took it on track whereas the big wheels (which are mandatory due to different hub apparently) would annoy me every day.

The standard alloys like totally **** to me, and the 20" alloys aren't the best either but with the red breaks it makes a huge improvement to the look of the car. Love the red breaks and blue colour however id love to see a grey alloy wheel like they have with the model S. Really sets the car off. For me if I'm buying a €60k car I'm spending the extra to make it look as good as possible

digiman wrote: »
    The standard alloys like totally **** to me, and the 20" alloys aren't the best either but with the red breaks it makes a huge improvement to the look of the car. Love the red breaks and blue colour however id love to see a grey alloy wheel like they have with the model S. Really sets the car off. For me if I'm buying a €60k car I'm spending the extra to make it look as good as possible

Whatever about the looks (which is entirely subjective), I've never driven a car that was improved by larger wheels/lower profile wheels. They add road noise, ruin the suspension performance, make the handling feel lumpen, increase cost of tyres, limit winter tyre options and increase risk of kerbing (this last one I admit can be countered by "don't drive it into a kerb then". And with the Telsas in particularly, reduce the range.

The only type of car I'd spec with skinny wide rubber would be a FWD hot hatch where I'd want as much traction as possible.

Each to their own though. :)

And my VIN is gone. Was good while it lasted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Its only tracking this large sea vessel do you realize how slow they are.
    https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:408974/mmsi:352062000/vessel:TRIUMPH%20ACE

San Francisco USSFO ATD : 2019-07-13 09:38 LT (UTC -7)
    Panama PAPCN ETA : 2019-07-21 04:00 LT (UTC -5)

A 7 hour flight or a 85 hour car journey. Makes you think how much emissions it takes to get the cars to us.
    Then there's Panama to Europe.

/Monday Blues

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement