Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

hatrack wrote: »
    And my VIN is gone. Was good while it lasted!

Mine is still there. There seems to be lots of movement on these source code VINs before you actually get any contact/paperwork from Tesla.

I take it still no contact for anyone with orders?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Mine is still there. There seems to be lots of movement on these source code VINs before you actually get any contact/paperwork from Tesla.

I take it still no contact for anyone with orders?

I would guess that until a cargo carrier from the US is about a week away no one will hear from Tesla. But you never know, could be sooner as they did promise July deliveries to some of us, and there's only 2 weeks left for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭markpb

eddhorse wrote: »
    A 7 hour flight or a 85 hour car journey. Makes you think how much emissions it takes to get the cars to us.

You'd imagine that by pottering along at barely no speed at all, their emissions are quite low relative to the huge amount of cargo they carry. The type of fuel they use is a bigger issue, bunker fuel is cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

Question for people that used a referral code with there order,

Is there any indicator that the referral was added?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but what's the deal with the discrepancy in price between the order agreement, shown here, and my account on the Tesla site, which gives a price of €51,480? It's almost €1800 in the difference.

Screenshot-2019-07-15-at-10-52-40.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but what's the deal with the discrepancy in price between the order agreement, shown here, and my account on the Tesla site, which gives a price of €51,480? It's almost €1800 in the difference.

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

And my VIN is gone. Was good while it lasted!

False alarm. I was using finalization instead of finalize. VIN still there. Phew.

Model 3 now confirmed as eligible for SEAI grant. Previously it was only on the page showing cars eligible for the home charger grant. It’s now on the main page.

https://www.seai.ie/sustainable-solutions/electric-vehicles/grant-eligible-cars/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Those numbers don't add up at all, i would contact Tesla about that.
    My order agreement is correct without the Pearl White Paint. #233

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

VRT is not shown in the initial invoice
    That's where the €1800 is I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

pricing is confusing.
    take base model.
    48,900 on opening page. no mention of anything discounts wise .

then bottom left, cash purchase. 47,840 before savings.
    which when you order it says includes doc fee 980, includes vrt 2960 and seai grant -5000.

this 47840 is also the number below the dark line in the order summary. with 48900 standard range plus and 980 delivery/doc.
    then price 47840.

i am taking what i pay will be the 47840. the number on the opening page (48900) must relate to a list price or something before vrt, delivery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

ainsyjnr wrote: »
    pricing is confusing.
    take base model.
    48,900 on opening page. no mention of anything discounts wise .

then bottom left, cash purchase. 47,840 before savings.
    which when you order it says includes doc fee 980, includes vrt 2960 and seai grant -5000.

this 47840 is also the number below the dark line in the order summary. with 48900 standard range plus and 980 delivery/doc.
    then price 47840.

i am taking what i pay will be the 47840. the number on the opening page (48900) must relate to a list price or something before vrt, delivery etc.

Almost exactly what I said a month ago!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Ah lads, I'm so jealous of all your orders, but not envious of the nail biting wait time for collecting your car!

I had a good long spin in a 2019 Model S 75D from UFO drive, Navan to Killarney. Such a dawdle with the superchargers available along the way. I'd imagine the Model 3 is the way to go as I did find it very big and was conscious parking it in standard parking spots even where cars either side had parked properly.

Currently not an EV owner, hoping a 2020 Model 3 will be my first EV.

There's a nice deal on Amazon Prime Day for Sandisk iXpand flash drives. These thinkgs are perfect for Tesla Dash cam and sentry, as they can plug directly into your iPhone for video playback. €40 for 128GB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-iXpand-128-Flash-Drive/dp/B01CIEBXZG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=7BA4V6U03S1S&keywords=iexpand+apple+storage+device&qid=1563204671&s=gateway&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=iexpand%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-3

"Edit Design" is back. VIN gone from source code :(

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement

Same for me. It was good while it lasted. Looks like we could be waiting for Glovis Champion after all.

Same. B*stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Munurty

Same for me. It was good while it lasted. Looks like we could be waiting for Glovis Champion after all.

We might be lucky to get on Glovis Champion.

LHD to China or RHD to Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand could all be on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I had a good long spin in a 2019 Model S 75D from UFO drive, Navan to Killarney. Such a dawdle with the superchargers available along the way. I'd imagine the Model 3 is the way to go as I did find it very big and was conscious parking it in standard parking spots even where cars either side had parked properly.
    That's interesting, I looked up the stats.

Model S: 2189mm
    Model 3: 2089mm
    3 series: 2068mm (widest of the "small" saloons)
    5 series: 2126mm

The widest car I've owned is a POS Honda FR-V, at about 2120mm with mirrors (measured). It's not stressful to leave in tight spaces because it looks like it's been rolled through a hedge, but maybe if I'd spent 100k on a Tesla I'd feel differently.

Munurty wrote: »
    We might be lucky to get on Glovis Champion.

LHD to China or RHD to Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand could all be on the cards.

Nah, they’ll need to send a second ship to Europe for fulfil UK orders (which were promised two months ahead of Australia / New Zealand).

Glovis Champion should only be 2 weeks behind Triumph Ace so it won’t be too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Lumen wrote: »
    Whatever about the looks (which is entirely subjective), I've never driven a car that was improved by larger wheels/lower profile wheels. They add road noise, ruin the suspension performance, make the handling feel lumpen, increase cost of tyres, limit winter tyre options and increase risk of kerbing (this last one I admit can be countered by "don't drive it into a kerb then". And with the Telsas in particularly, reduce the range.

Each to their own though. :)

FWIW the youtuber called Engineering Explained posted a video about the cost of hitting a large pothole with a Model 3 on 20" alloys - eyewatering stuff.
    Best of luck to anyone driving year-round in Ireland on 35 profile tyres - make sure you have a good breakdown service!

Lumen wrote: »
    That's interesting, I looked up the stats.

Model S: 2189mm
    Model 3: 2089mm
    3 series: 2068mm (widest of the "small" saloons)
    5 series: 2126mm

The widest car I've owned is a POS Honda FR-V, at about 2120mm with mirrors (measured). It's not stressful to leave in tight spaces because it looks like it's been rolled through a hedge, but maybe if I'd spent 100k on a Tesla I'd feel differently.

It's definitely manageable. I think, as you said, it's that fear of damaging a very expensive car. Also the arse seems to widen which I'm sure is included in that width.

KGpblCP.jpg

For on-topic ness, is there a poll of who has ordered performance vs SR+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Same. B*stards.

Noooooooooo!!! Same for me :eek::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

bf wrote: »
    Noooooooooo!!! Same for me :eek::mad:

I stopped looking for VIN, will wait for a call from tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

jarrieta wrote: »
    I stopped looking for VIN, will wait for a call from tesla

Me too - the refreshing of this forum and my Tesla account driving me crazy.

Just going to wait for the call now. That way be a nice surprise some day hopefully in next 6-8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

rduggy wrote: »
    Me too - the refreshing of this forum and my Tesla account driving me crazy.

Just going to wait for the call now. That way be a nice surprise some day hopefully in next 6-8 weeks

Same here. Every day there was a new rumour that if a seagull flew over your house then the car was on its way or if the bells chimed 13 your VIN No would be 666!:p They'll arrive when they arrive and no sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Loads of changes on the Design Studio overnight.

AidenL wrote: »
    Loads of changes on the Design Studio overnight.

Yeah. Pearl white paint now the free option. AWD back, P- gone, Performance upgrade now included.

The car I ordered has gone from €75k to €72k.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

I have ordered 20 inch performance as I liked the looks...
    Now with this new option popping in I am struggling with my decision ...what to choose?

Long range 560 km 18 inch wheels
    Vs
    Performance 530 km 20 inch wheels

I don't mind the range but on reading online looks like 20 inch wheels makes the ride more bumpy, and you loose the comfort.
    Is it true?
    Have anyone driven 20 inch wheel sedan?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Kicha wrote: »
    Now with this new option popping in I am struggling with my decision ...what to choose?

Vs

I don't mind the range but on reading online looks like 20 inch wheels makes the ride more bumpy, and you loose the comfort.
    Is it true?

I have a 19 inch wheels on my 5 series, a friend of mine has 18 inch wheels. While mine looks nicer with the low profile tires, the 18 inch car is noticeably comfortable. I do a lot of motorway miles and really could do without the road noise and the rough ride. Also very easy to curb the wheels too.
    It depends really on your driving needs. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

My Pearl White SR+ has gone down in price by just under €2k with the Pearl White being free (and associated VRT deduction). I'm weary to edit the design in case I go back to the back of the queue. The website still does say August estimated delivery though. From what I've read in the UK, these pricing things can be updated when you get to speak to someone to make the final invoice. The only issue we have in Ireland is getting to speak to someone in Tesla.

Also I thought it was Basic White that was meant to come free?

Yeah. Pearl white paint now the free option. AWD back, P- gone, Performance upgrade now included.

The car I ordered has gone from €75k to €72k.

Mine has gone down 5k euro, will redesign even if my delivery is pushed back

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

I had ordered the SR+ white, but now the long range looks a lot more appealing for less than 10K more.
    Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Kicha wrote: »

Vs

Is it true?

20 inch wheels make for a far bumpier and stiffer ride!!!
    Please watch this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6sPc9dFsGw

You are basically buying a car designed to compete with a BMW M3, on the track. Several videos on youtube comparing the ride comfort on 18. 19 and 20's. Worth watching as its unlikely any of us poor smucks will get a test drive unless we travel to UK etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Delighted to see the LR Non Performance model popping up but its $10k cheaper that the P model in the States and just €4k cheaper here.
    Does not make sense, would like it more €7-8k cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Lovely surprise to wake up to, ordered the performance version yesterday with blue exterior and white interior and this morning it's going to cost me €3.5k less.

Regarding the wheel size, I've had 19" wheels on my past 2 cars and never really had any complaints on ride quality. The cost of repairing wheels is what it is. My car needs new tyres at the moment and they are 320 a corner, the alloys are probably 800 a corner so will be similar if i wreck one of them compared to if i wreck one on the Tesla.

Expensive cars are also expensive to maintain if something goes wrong unfortunately.

So essentially they've removed "performance lite" , added performance and added LR AWD
    (also white "multicoat" is now free, formerly cost option... and black is now a cost option, formerly free. Weird)

485392.PNG

I wish they hadn’t changed the prices. I expect loads of UK orders will upgrade to the full performance package which will surely mean a delay to my order.

Would rather just get the car than get the €3k reduction.

Apparently in other markets, you can choose performance but select the 18" wheels.

• Advertisement

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Apparently in other markets, you can choose performance but select the 18" wheels.

You cannot, as the performance brakes do not fit inside the 18 inch wheels.
    You can only purchase the performance with the 20 inch wheels, however 19 inch will also fit as an aftermarket change (Like bjorn did)

The only way it would be possible is if you purchase the performance lite (which has been discontinued). Which does not have any performance features, or hardware etc. And limited top speed.

ELM327 wrote: »
    You can only purchase the performance with the 20 inch wheels, however 19 inch will also fit as an aftermarket change (Like bjorn did)

Ah interesting, was something I thought I read this morning.

The only way it would be possible is if you purchase the performance lite (which has been discontinued). Which does not have any performance features, or hardware etc. And limited top speed.

Ordering on the US site says that 18" is available on request with performance.

usukTFS.png

That's funny because the wheels don't fit over the performance brakes.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/confirmed-performance-red-brakes-do-not-fit-18-aero-wheels.7608/

I wonder what happens if you select them, it must mean that you get the "performance lite" car, ie the bigger motor (so the performance top speed) but no brakes, carbon fiber spoiler, track mode etc. Seems a bit stupid to offer it imo.

That's funny because the wheels don't fit over the performance brakes.
    I wonder what happens if you select them, it must mean that you get the "performance lite" car, ie the bigger motor (so the performance top speed) but no brakes, carbon fiber spoiler, track mode etc. Seems a bit stupid to offer it imo.

Yeah it must be, but it may be the ~5K less for the performance pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Pearl White Multi coat as standard is pretty sweet :)

• Advertisement

For those who already ordered and their choice has come down in price, is there any chance Tesla will say ‘tough, you pay the price you ordered at’?

For those who already ordered and their choice has come down in price, is there any chance Tesla will say ‘tough, you pay the price you ordered at’?

Every chance. But when this has happened before there has been an adjustment to the final invoice.

Generally the price would come down unless you've actually configured the car for delivery (the next step, no one in Ireland has got this yet)

I edited the order, didn't change anything and price came down 4500 Euro

jarrieta wrote: »
    I edited the order, didn't change anything and price came down 4500 Euro

Did you get a new booking invoice? If so what number was it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement