Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

hatrack wrote: »
    Did you get a new booking invoice? If so what number was it?

No, same booking invoice, same number, 95

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

jarrieta wrote: »
    I edited the order, didn't change anything and price came down 4500 Euro

I just did the same. Price dropped from €51,480 to €49,880 on My Account on Tesla.com and € 47,840.47 on my booking invoice. Interestingly the booking invoice says the lower price INCLUDES VRT, so I still don't get why there's a price discrepancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Spoke with the guys in Sandyford - I had a P- in pearl white on order. They told me that the new prices would apply to all cars delivered and modifications to my order wouldn't delay delivery and September was still realistic.

So I've now amended to Performance Plus in White for pretty much the same price as the P-, so €4,500 odd of upgrades (in old pricing terms) for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

jarrieta wrote: »
    I edited the order, didn't change anything and price came down 4500 Euro

Can I ask exactly what you did to "edit" your order?

jfk75 wrote: »
    Can I ask exactly what you did to "edit" your order?

Nothing. Click edit, then save.

bf wrote: »
    Spoke with the guys in Sandyford - I had a P- in pearl white on order. They told me that the new prices would apply to all cars delivered and modifications to my order wouldn't delay delivery and September was still realistic.

So I've now amended to Performance Plus in White for pretty much the same price as the P-, so €4,500 odd of upgrades (in old pricing terms) for free :D

Nice one, enjoy! And congratulations on the first ever successfully answered telephone call in the history of Tesla Ireland.

Nothing. Click edit, then save.

Exactly that, I browsed for a while and was tempted to change to awd but would love to do some track days at some point, so just clicked on save

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

I just did the same. Price dropped from €51,480 to €49,880 on My Account on Tesla.com and € 47,840.47 on my booking invoice. Interestingly the booking invoice says the lower price INCLUDES VRT, so I still don't get why there's a price discrepancy.

I think it’s to do with the deposit paid.
    Also Maybe Vrt on delivery.
    Or vat on something.
    Or order system not sophisticated enough to tackle the Irish triple tax system.

bf wrote: »

Hi, Is it the price at time at order or delivery? Surely order.

Is the new included white “Pearl White Multi-CoatIncluded” the same white that cost 1500 before?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

"Pearl White Multi-Coat" is the exact terminology on my original order agreement as is on my updated one for almost €2k less.

I've also read with the UK P- "upgrade" that it's the price at order that is honoured (or the price on delivery is adjusted, but only if it's in your favour)

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    "Pearl White Multi-Coat" is the exact terminology on my original order agreement as is on my updated one for almost €2k less.

I've also read with the UK P- "upgrade" that it's the price at order that is honoured (or the price on delivery is adjusted, but only if it's in your favour)

There is a white x around the corner - does look well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Small spec change also, Partial Premium used to have LED Fog lamps, now Premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Are they doing any pcp deals on model 3? Can't see anything on their website just cash or hp options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Are they doing any pcp deals on model 3? Can't see anything on their website just cash or hp options
    I only see HP/cash
    In UK they added PCP recently so would expect it to come in soon here too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Nice one, enjoy! And congratulations on the first ever successfully answered telephone call in the history of Tesla Ireland.

I do admit to have chosen the option for Model S/X rather than 3 to get through :P
    smokybacon wrote: »
    Hi, Is it the price at time at order or delivery? Surely order.

Is the new included white “Pearl White Multi-CoatIncluded” the same white that cost 1500 before?

Yes, it is the pearl white multi-coat that is now free. My guess is that this is a short term thing and eventually a basic non-metallic white will become the no cost option once back logs of orders are through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Oh what a dilemma, stick with Solid Black or switch to Pearl White, eeeeeek

eddhorse wrote: »
    Oh what a dilemma, stick with Solid Black or switch to Pearl White, eeeeeek

I briefly toyed with switching to red this morning, but I'm sticking with white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

OK - just to be very clear:

"Pearl White" is an iridescent, white paint, requiring extra coats, with a white tinted clearcoat on top.

"Default" White is also-known-as 'Transit Van' white - it's flat and doesn't require as many coats. You get what you pay for.

EDIT: the "Pearl White" will be 'default' I'm guessing until they change their lines to flat white, because they can't repaint the RHD cars built/in-transit.

My order hasn't changed, just came down in price, which will help pay for the €480 roof rack that I'll get fitted at delivery time.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

ELM327 wrote: »
    I only see HP/cash
    In UK they added PCP recently so would expect it to come in soon here too

Was told by Tesla in Dublin and by email, no PCP on horizon only 6 year HP.

• Advertisement

Neworder79 wrote: »
    Small spec change also, Partial Premium used to have LED Fog lamps, now Premium.

I ordered SR+ and fog lamps definitely were not included was always premium only. I noticed it because this stood out to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Bl00dy hell, I was bad enough with two choices now I have 3 !!!! FFS

The AWD LR makes a lot of sense for me now with my North Cork > Belfast commute. Abetter route has me shaving over 40 minutes of time over the standard range and only 40 minutes of charging. With the AWD LR it would be the exact same journey that I do in my ICE with the same stop times.

I have just convinced myself to upgrade my car :-), a switch to white pearl paint will soften the blow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

anyone consider changing from Performance to LR AWD, they seems to be very similar ( just slight less power) I'm just concerned about the ride on the 20" rims, but I know you can't put the 18's on the P due to the size of the bigger brake kit, around €4k saving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭rocky

invoice #286, 10 mins ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

jordan191 wrote: »
    anyone consider changing from Performance to LR AWD, they seems to be very similar ( just slight less power) I'm just concerned about the ride on the 20" rims, but I know you can't put the 18's on the P due to the size of the bigger brake kit, around €4k saving
    I am exactly in the same dilemma..
    Have read lot of online posts..tesla motor forum has some good threads.
    Looks like ride quality is not that bad in 20 inch.

Previously it was easy and I wanted around 500 k range and premium interior and the only way was to go full throttle.
    Now LR is very tempting..only downside is 18 inch wheels..I am not a big fan of aero wheels.
    Might stick with Per upgrade for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Had an idea Tesla would make the 20” alloys standard on the P as they did in the US.

I had upgraded from the SR+ to the P- on the basis of quicker charging, audio and range and felt it was worthwhile on that alone. I was struggling not to add the P+ as was well over budget at that point. This change is well received.

I’ve been running 20” on my current car for the last year and they were fine, no buckles or cracks either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Question on the Black Vs Pearl argument.

What alloys/aero wheel colours do you get with each?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Neworder79 wrote: »

I ordered the partial premium before this change with the the fog lamps. Will they honour this??

I can’t find anything regarding what’s exactly included in the partial premium on my order confirmation...

eddhorse wrote: »
    Question on the Black Vs Pearl argument.

What alloys/aero wheel colours do you get with each?

You get the same, the aeros. However you can take off the hubcaps and the wheel underneath looks like this:

lSL9Ebk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

Another question guys. Is the following correct.

20 inch mitchelin 4s tyres- summer tyres. Good for up to 4 degree.

18 inch - all weather tyres.

I guess we can still drive 20 inch here in Ireland during winter without having to change to winter tyres.
    It doesn't get below freezing that often anyway.

LOL @winter tires in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

rocky wrote: »
    invoice #286, 10 mins ago :o

I've a number in the 300s and ordered yesterday. I assume people are using the last 3 digits of the order number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

digiman wrote: »
    I've a number in the 300s and ordered yesterday. I assume people are using the last 3 digits of the order number?

Yup.

Of the booking invoice number, at least I am doing that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kicha wrote: »

I guess we can still drive 20 inch here in Ireland during winter without having to change to winter tyres.

Yes, i've driven through the snow in 20" wheels on BMW's with auto transmissions over the years.

I've never had a set of winter tyres. Drive to sui the conditions and if the conditions are so bad, don't drive at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Kicha wrote: »
    Another question guys. Is the following correct.

20 inch mitchelin 4s tyres- summer tyres. Good for up to 4 degree.

18 inch - all weather tyres.

All wheel drive helps ;) Sure we can just stay at home on the really cold days :D, wishful thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

There is now a RHD Model 3 in Sandyford if anyone is interested in a test drive.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    There is now a RHD Model 3 in Sandyford if anyone is interested in a test drive.

Are they doing test drives now by appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

rg_lv wrote: »
    I had ordered the SR+ white, but now the long range looks a lot more appealing for less than 10K more.
    Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes me too, I have changed the entirety of my order-no more standard range plus, with the rear wheel drive- I had some concerns about snow and ice with the rwd but am more content now with awd. I have also gone for the white now it is free- if I am now at the back of the queue so what do I care as I will be driving it for a long time.

rduggy wrote: »
    Are they doing test drives now by appointment?

I think so. I know one person who has booked a test drive today.

You'll find more information on Facebook in the Tesla Owners Ireland group.

I think so. I know one person who has booked a test drive today.

You'll find more information on Facebook in the Tesla Owners Ireland group.
    Who do not allow non owners/reservation owners to join. Kinda pointless to direct *potential* owners there :D

• Advertisement

Who do not allow non owners/reservation owners to join. Kinda pointless to direct *potential* owners there :D

Reservation holders are allowed to join.

Reservation holders are allowed to join.
    As I said, who do not allow non "Owners/Reservation owners" to join.
    Someone with a reservation does not need a test drive as they've already reserved! It's for those on the fence.

Yurple wrote: »
    I ordered the partial premium before this change with the the fog lamps. Will they honour this??

I can’t find anything regarding what’s exactly included in the partial premium on my order confirmation...

I hope it’s honoured also.

Can someone make post with exact spec and cost before and after change incl price pls. Like in six columns format. Or two screenshots. I’m all over the place. Maybe it’s the full moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

As I said, who do not allow non "Owners/Reservation owners" to join.
    Someone with a reservation does not need a test drive as they've already reserved! It's for those on the fence.

A bit touchy on the Facebook group?

The Facebook group has nothing to do with dishing out test drives. All that was said was that someone posted information about the test drives on it. If you want a test drive call the guys in Sandyford and book one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

See below and confirm it's your invoice number (we're trying to plot this take up for shoots and giggles)

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    I made a guessing that it's the invoice serial number (yellow in this example)

qPjaLI3.png
    Can someone make post with exact spec and cost before and after change incl price pls. Like in six columns format. Or two screenshots. I’m all over the place. Maybe it’s the full moon.

You're considering droping between €50k and €70k on a car and you want someone to research your €1k to €3k price drop? Sure I'll do it for half the money you saved (payable in advance)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    "Default" White is also-known-as 'Transit Van' white - it's flat and doesn't require as many coats. You get what you pay for.

Transit van white is cancelled, pearl white is it going forward:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1151154321733459969

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Glovis Conductor scheduled to arrive in San Francisco on the 25th. Add to an arrival on the 21st and we're probably looking at a second batch into the EU before the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

After the joy of securing one of the first RHD model 3’s in the world. For the people who opted for the white standard range plus yesterday must have a bit of a downer!

Wonder will there be many more reductions before 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭carloscorreia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement