Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

M3 looks super in white, black isn't a colour it's a chore

Is white hard to keep clean? Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

All colours are hard to keep clean in this country. If you live in the country; impossible is the operative word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

smokybacon wrote: »

It is by far the easiest of the lot to keep clean, that is why I chose it over the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 EVenthusiast

mouthful wrote: »
    After the joy of securing one of the first RHD model 3’s in the world. For the people who opted for the white standard range plus yesterday must have a bit of a downer!

Wonder will there be many more reductions before 2020.

This still remains my primary concern in relation to Tesla, the Model 3 and their apparent short-term pricing strategy.

I see we got the new configuration but not yet the price discount that other markets got.

On the basis of not knowing what tomorrow will bring I have to hold fire. For instance, the whole pearl-white-as-standard thing would infuriate me if I'd just landed a standard white one on the drive.

This still remains my primary concern in relation to Tesla, the Model 3 and their apparent short-term pricing strategy.

I see we got the new configuration but not yet the price discount that other markets got.

On the basis of not knowing what tomorrow will bring I have to hold fire. For instance, the whole pearl-white-as-standard thing would infuriate me if I'd just landed a standard white one on the drive.

There was never, and by the sounds of it, never will be a standard white option. It was the suggestion that base white would be standard but that never did happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

smokybacon wrote: »

Have pearl.white volvo sub..
    Petal white looks stunning but it needs bit more of care than other colors..
    Eg. If you go on a long drive it needs a wash as black marks will be obvious..

Kicha wrote: »
    Have pearl.white volvo sub..
    Petal white looks stunning but it needs bit more of care than other colors..
    Eg. If you go on a long drive it needs a wash as black marks will be obvious..

Holy crap. After one drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

After the joy of securing one of the first RHD model 3’s in the world. For the people who opted for the white standard range plus yesterday must have a bit of a downer!.

Why? We're getting our choice cheaper than before. That's a good thing, no?

I wondered if it’s a stalling tactic. If Currently 1 in 20 would cancel because if wait. Might defer for white and therefore cost Tesla nil.

Also on another gripe Doesn’t look like base price decrease in Ireland. In the Uk yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

no PCP in Ireland yet either, its in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Sorry my post was unclear! I was talking about the new Tesla 3 owners in Britain, and questioning will we suffer the same fate. I am borrowing a lot of money to buy the car, I would happily wait till 2020 to save 2k€ but who knows what new pricing decisions will be made - I never saw free mutticoat white coming did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Are we all back to the start on the order process? Hidden VIN gone and Edit Design button back for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Sorry if this has been answered - a lot of activity on here over the last couple of days...

I ordered black before White became the default. Black is now 800e more. Will I be expected to pay the extra 800e when it comes time to pay? or will the original price be honored?

Sorry my post was unclear! I was talking about the new Tesla 3 owners in Britain, and questioning will we suffer the same fate. I am borrowing a lot of money to buy the car, I would happily wait till 2020 to save 2k€ but who knows what new pricing decisions will be made - I never saw free mutticoat white coming did you?

Ah ok, I get you now. Yeah, I can see how they'd be a bit pissed alright. Musk used to offer cash refunds to recent buyers to for the amount reduced, but that makes no business sense, so I can't see it happening here.

kev22185 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered - a lot of activity on here over the last couple of days...

I ordered black before White became the default. Black is now 800e more. Will I be expected to pay the extra 800e when it comes time to pay? or will the original price be honored?

From what Tesla said yesterday, that adjustment will be made at the end. In short... the adjustment will be in the customer's favour, so you get it at the lower price.

Is this what everyone has. As far as I remember I had other docs but they disappeared months ago!

->>>>>

Your Model 3 Order

Overview

NEXT STEPS

As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.

DOCUMENTS
    Booking InvoiceView
    Non-Core and Gray Market Quick GuideView
    LEARN MORE
    Charging

Yes, that's what I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I have noticed that the android browser has no edit option, but the laptop has the edit option.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

macnab wrote: »
    I have noticed that the android browser has no edit option, but the laptop has the edit option.

Edit Button disappears in Portrait mode. But he's there, the little fecker, in Landscape mode...

Elon's Tweets today

Cost of Tesla full self-driving option increasing by ~$1000 on August 16

As mentioned earlier this year, cost of the Tesla FSD option will increase every few months. Those who buy it earlier will see the benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

slave1 wrote: »
    Elon's Tweets today

Cost of Tesla full self-driving option increasing by ~$1000 on August 16

As mentioned earlier this year, cost of the Tesla FSD option will increase every few months. Those who buy it earlier will see the benefit.

Depreciation post was gas too :)

https://twitter.com/NAVYBOYUSA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Seems plenty of people in the UK with May & June orders getting texts today to confirm August delivery, which would imply their cars are on the Triumph Ace.

Looks like we might be waiting on the next ship with RHD :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭rocky

Went for LR, but the 4k difference to Performance is tempting. Are there any options of changing the 20 inch rims with 19 straight (or soon) after delivery?

I'd imagine many people with non Performance would want the alloys, no? I know the 18 inch won't fit the brakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Sorry if it was posted already. UFO drive are taking bookings for the model 3 from 16th September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

rocky wrote: »
    Went for LR, but the 4k difference to Performance is tempting. Are there any options of changing the 20 inch rims with 19 straight (or soon) after delivery?

I'd imagine many people with non Performance would want the alloys, no? I know the 18 inch won't fit the brakes...

From what I read the 20s have an incompatible hub, so no, but you can buy the performance without the performance pack, then you're only really losing track mode.

Lumen wrote: »
    From what I read the 20s have an incompatible hub, so no, but you can buy the performance without the performance pack, then you're only really losing track mode.

The recent Design Studio change does not allow this option. Performance pack is included, as such 20" are now standard on the Performance.

• Advertisement

zep wrote: »
    The recent Design Studio change does not allow this option. Performance pack is included, as such 20" are now standard on the Performance.
    Ah, I see the website has been updated to reflect that too.

The LR isn't much slower than the Performance anyway.
    Based on [MotorTrend's] tests, the 4,062-pound Model 3 Long Range AWD sedan was able to pull off a zero-to-60-mph sprint in just 4 seconds flat. Its quarter-mile time came in at just 12.5 seconds at 113.1 miles per hour....That puts the standard Long Range Dual Motor car just 0.9 second behind the Performance model to 60 mph and 0.8 behind at the quarter, traveling only 2 mph slower.

edit: sorry, I see what you mean about the Performance Pack being included, that now means big brakes and Track mode for 62k (1300 more than old price for the non-Performance Performance). That's a tough option to ignore. If only it had smaller wheels...

It looks like there are aftermarket wheel options...

These 18" TSTs are apparently available (if you believe the dropdown) for the M3P, albeit in the US.

https://tsportline.com/collections/18-tesla-wheels-model-3/products/18-tst-tesla-wheel-set-of-4-model-3?variant=18876171944054

I have gone down the route of downsizing wheels before when a dealer couldn't/wouldn't supply a new car in a premium pack with smaller wheels. It's expensive and irritating but the ride quality was worth it. Prob is, who could you sell the 20s to if they don't fit the SR+/LR ?

edit: TST say they do definitely fit the Performance, and they have a wheel guide here including specs for the different models so it ought to be possible to find some European wheels that fit:

https://tsportline.com/blogs/owners-guide/the-tesla-model-3-wheel-guide

edit 2: reading some forum threads, and looking at that wheel guide, it seems that the PCD and centre bore are the same for the M3/M3P, but it's the bigger calipers that don't fit in the standard Tesla 18" wheels, whereas TST claim that their 18" wheel does (and not just on the website, they've confirmed to a customer). And that means that the 20s should be offloadable to a standard M3 owner who wants to pimp their ride....

edit 3: ok, last edit, here is some video proof:

Model 3 Complete Wheel Swap Guide Summer / Winter plus Rotation and TPMS programming
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhsL_crksjo

TST charge 300 shipping, EU import tax should be 3.5%, so with VAT at current exchange rates I make that €1,745 all in for those 18" TST wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Ha ha, so my edit order option disappeared again. I initially ordered the SR+ in white but switched to Long range all wheel drive on the morning they dropped the prices. Reservation holder, ordered 1st on June 7th. Order number in the 170's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Sorry if it was posted already. UFO drive are taking bookings for the model 3 from 16th September.

Seems more dates available now but not getting an option to book. €99 per day but some days are less.

On the subject of colours, everyone I've known who has owned a black car has said they'd never have one again due to the difficulty of getting it looking properly clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

rg_lv wrote: »
    Ha ha, so my edit order option disappeared again. I initially ordered the SR+ in white but switched to Long range all wheel drive on the morning they dropped the prices. Reservation holder, ordered 1st on June 7th. Order number in the 170's

Ditto for me. Edit was always available while my order was SR+. Like you switched to LR AWD and now edit option gone. Non reservation holder. Order number also 170s.
    Not reading too much into it as Tesla system unreliable. Gone today, back tomorrow maybe.

• Advertisement

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Seems more dates available now but not getting an option to book. €99 per day but some days are less.
    Booked 16th Sept just now. Thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Lumen wrote: »
    On the subject of colours, everyone I've known who has owned a black car has said they'd never have one again due to the difficulty of getting it looking properly clean.

With darker colours, water spots and scratches can be easier to see. Unless you're into polishing and waxing on a regular basis, a black car can quickly look dull and awful.

I have a pearl white car, I can't remember the last time I washed it (maybe two months ago) and it's only just starting to look dirty. It is parked indoors most of the time though. Looks great on a sunny day.

Reag wrote: »
    Not reading too much into it as Tesla system unreliable. .

When I click on MANAGE on the phone site today, it switches the region to Mexico and changes the language to Spanish. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

When I click on MANAGE on the phone site today, it switches the region to Mexico and changes the language to Spanish. Seriously.
    ¿donde es mi model tres ?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

LOL. Yesterday I went onto my Manage page and there was a Model S AND a Model X in my account and my Model 3 was gone.

Back to normal now - Tesla sure don't make it easy to buy a car.

And my Edit button came back and is still there... so getting car in... who knows?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Edit button still there price shown has updated for the revised pricing.

The watch continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Good luck second guessing that lot... dog chasing it's own tail springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

How would this adjust the price on the SR+? I guess the performance won’t change as it’s over 50k so 7% in total and no 5k rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

From the article
    "It also proposes a limit to the €5,000 tax relief on fully-electric vehicles. The relief would apply only to cars up to €40,000, after which it would be reduced at a rate of 50 per cent per €1, with no relief available for cars over €50,000. However, electric cars would benefit from the new lower rate of 7 per cent VRT for vehicles with emissions below 50g/km."

Curious to know. How many are buying a car, and have any had test drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Fully spec'ct kia ENiro less than 40K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Curious to know. How many are buying a car, and have any had test drive?

Irish orders for the Model 3 are getting up to 300 I'd say.
    No test drives in Ireland up to this week.
    I believe Tesla in Sandford have a RHD m3 now though.

£37,340 in the UK and €47,840 here for the most basic model....some price difference

macnab wrote: »
    Irish orders for the Model 3 are getting up to 300 I'd say.
    No test drives in Ireland up to this week.
    I believe Tesla in Sandford have a RHD m3 now though.

What I thought, thanks.

300 people prepared to drop c€50k each on a car they never tested? Are people really this rich or crazy?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement