Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

mouthful wrote: »
    So the edit is gone again for me- third time lucky?
    Expecting a call from Elon anytime!
    He may need to rush seems the government is gearing up to reduce the tax incentives for any car over €45k.

Have you tried horizontal and vertical on your phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

krissovo wrote: »
    Lumen wrote: »
    It is somewhat reminiscent of when the Nissan GTR came out. Putting aside the emissions aspect, the Nissan was seen as a "giant slayer" that was a bit ugly to look at, had monstrous acceleration, would go round a track very fast but would prove expensive doing so as it was very heavy.

I'm not claiming that a M3P is like a GTR though, but there are parallels. I can't imagine many GTR owners being asked why they wanted something that fast. :pac:

I drive a big merc with a big lump of an engine, for me its the torque and the effortless drive and not speed. EV's have a similar driving experience as large torque(y) engines. Its not the speed, it's the effortless driving always in the right torque band & gear for a smooth take off. Even a nissan leaf is a better drive than most so called premium cars with 2tlr diesels pulling them along.

Exactly! The massive torque from idle is what got me to buy my first decent car, a BMW with a V8 petrol engine, the guts of 20 years ago.

Modern ICE cars are crap as they have small engines that are retarded until after their turbos get going

I have always been blue in the face trying to explain this to fellow petrol heads And I now find it even harder to convey the similarly quick of the mark EVs (that have incredibly low BP compared to any of the above)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Re Home Charging

As mentioned here 3 phase is for industrial applications mainly and a fortune to get installed. It’s overkill and you won’t reap any benefits as the Tesla wall connector is capped at 32A in the EU (USA version goes to 48A).

The inbuilt AC to DC converter (charger) inside Model 3 is limited to 11 KW.

This means that the max you will ever get is 65 km/h charging at 11 KW AC.

In reality what this means for Irish home charging rates on single phase 220v AC electric is:

1) plugged into standard wall socket using the Tesla mobile adaptor: 14 km/hr

2) using single phase with high powered wall charger on a 32A circuit: 44 km/hr

(The reason Superchargers and 3rd party fast chargers can charge a Tesla Model 3 faster is that they bypass the AC converter and pump DC directly into the car battery using the two bottom DC pins at the bottom of the CCS connector)

The Tesla model 3 long range has a 75kw battery. So to charge it to 100% (tho 80% max is recommended for daily charging to preserve battery life) would take roughly 20-21 hours on a 3 pin wall socket and 7 hours on the 32a wall charger.

Also bear in mind that if you want to do it properly you really should get a night rate tarrif where electricity is half-price and schedule the model 3 to charge when this off peak kicks in, say: 12-7am so you can charge the Car to 100% for 9c a kw which would cost you approx €6.75 overnight for 300+ miles.

Hope this helps people a bit!

Further info here:
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/home-charging-installation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

bdogg wrote: »
    Re Home Charging

As mentioned here 3 phase is for industrial applications mainly and a fortune to get installed. It’s overkill and you won’t reap any benefits as the Tesla wall connector is capped at 32A in the EU (USA version goes to 48A).

In reality what this means for Irish home charging rates on single phase 220v AC electric is:

1) plugged into any 3 pin wall socket using the Tesla mobile adaptor: 14 km/hr

2) using single phase with a wall mounted high powered charger on a 32A circuit: 44 km/hr

(The reason Superchargers and 3rd party fast chargers can charge a Tesla Model 3 faster is that they bypass the AC converter and pump DC directly into the car battery using the two bottom DC pins at the bottom of the CCS connector)

The Tesla model 3 long range has a 75kw battery. So to charge it to 100% (tho 90% max is recommended for daily charging to preserve battery life) would take roughly 20-21 hours on a 3 pin wall socket and 7 hours on the 32a wall charger.

Also bear in mind that if you want to do it properly you really should get a night rate where electricity is half price and schedule the model 3 to charge off peak from say 12-7am so you can fill the Car for 9c a kw which would cost you approx €6.75 overnight for 300+ miles.

Hope this helps people a bit.

Further info here:

That is very useful, my biggest concern is how slow it is how slow it is when you are connected via a wall socket at a house where that person doesn't have a Tesla charger. If I was to go to Donegal from Dublin I would really need to be travelling via Dundalk and topping up with the SuperCharger there and doing the same on the way home.

digiman wrote: »
    That is very useful, my biggest concern is how slow it is how slow it is when you are connected via a wall socket at a house where that person doesn't have a Tesla charger. If I was to go to Donegal from Dublin I would really need to be travelling via Dundalk and topping up with the SuperCharger there and doing the same on the way home.

Yeah, that’s why I wanted my wall charger before I got my car. To take advantage of the night saver rates is only really possible using the 32A Wall connector. The 3 pin wall socket is too slow.

Yeah, you’d need to supercharge for sure. However the model 3 will factor your charge rates at all parts of the journey in and tell you how long you need to stop to supercharge to get where you’re going.

Also bear in mind that because the EU model 3 shipped with the new CCS combo adapter port you can also avail of any of the ESB charging points - not just Tesla super chargers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Re Home Charging

1) plugged into any 3 pin wall socket using the Tesla mobile adaptor: 14 km/hr

2) using single phase with a wall mounted high powered charger on a 32A circuit: 44 km/hr

The Tesla model 3 long range has a 75kw battery. So to charge it to 100% (tho 90% max is recommended for daily charging to preserve battery life) would take roughly 20-21 hours on a 3 pin wall socket and 7 hours on the 32a wall charger.

Also bear in mind that if you want to do it properly you really should get a night rate where electricity is half price and schedule the model 3 to charge off peak from say 12-7am so you can fill the Car for 9c a kw which would cost you approx €6.75 overnight for 300+ miles.

Hope this helps people a bit.

Further info here:

False.

Firstly US goes all the way to 80a on the old dual chargers but they do not use three phase, only single phase.

Secondly, the difference of installing 3 phase at home means you go from 32a single phase (7kW) to 32a 3 phase (22kW) albeit the model 3 can only take 16a three phase or 11kW.
    11kW is a lot faster than 7kW and if you are in a city or major town near an industrial estate it is not that expensive to get three phase

In proper developed countries (germany for instance) 3 phase 11kW/16a is pretty common at home.

ELM327 wrote: »
    False.

Firstly US goes all the way to 80a on the old dual chargers but they do not use three phase, only single phase.

Secondly, the difference of installing 3 phase at home means you go from 32a single phase (7kW) to 32a 3 phase (22kW) albeit the model 3 can only take 16a three phase or 11kW.
    11kW is a lot faster than 7kW and if you are in a city or major town near an industrial estate it is not that expensive to get three phase.

In proper developed countries (germany for instance) 3 phase 11kW/16a is pretty common at home.

False? Really?

I’ve never seen anyone getting over 48a at home in the USA on YouTube or elsewhere. Can you show me a link to home charging at 80a?

You would recommend someone getting 3 phase installed and all the paperwork and extra expense that comes with it to get an extra 19 km/hr charge rate? Considering a wall connector on a 32a circuit on single phase is a 3 x improvement on the wall socket charging?

I don’t see how that’s good advice. And we don’t live Germany we live in Ireland where the ESB charge a fortune to do anything and take forever to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

ELM327 wrote: »

Were there major advantages to 3-phase for most home owners, particularly before EVs when most people didn't come near the limits of their supply?

I can see going forward it could be particularly relevant though. I was thinking of swapping out my gas boiler for an electric version (which is something the government are mulling over enforcing anyway), then realised it would require a 12kW+ boiler. Add that to two EVs charging at 7kW each and maybe the oven on and you'd need at least 150A to cover you, maybe 200A if you have a couple of electric showers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

False? Really?

I’ve never seen anyone getting over 48a at home in the USA on YouTube or elsewhere. Can you show me a link to home charging at 80a?

You would recommend someone getting 3 phase installed and all the paperwork and extra expense that comes with it to get an extra 19 km/hr charge rate? Considering a wall connector on a 32a circuit on single phase is a 10 x improvement on the wall socket charging?

I don’t see how that’s good advice. And we don’t live Germany we live in Ireland where the ESB charge a fortune to do anything and take forever to do it.
    All the early model S in the US came with dual chargers as an option, that could charge up to 80a
    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/hpwc-wiring-80-amp-and-non-dual-charger-car.87795/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

As I understand it, there are two factors in the electricity supply: the "level of supply" which is the MIC rating in kVA, and the connection type (single phase vs three phase).

The charges are sort of explained and laid out in these links:

How to change your level of supply
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/increasing-decreasing-supply/changing-your-level-of--supply

Increase the level of supply in a house
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/increasing-decreasing-supply/domestic-user

ESB Networks' Charges (PDF | 629KB).
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/docs/default-source/publications/esb-networks-dac-statement-of-charges.pdf?sfvrsn=224533f0_29

The tricky bit is figuring out how this applies to connection upgrades, and what exactly "MV Network Charges" amount to, and whether those MV prices relate to domestic upgrades.

Screenshot-from-2019-07-19-11-00-20.png

Screenshot-from-2019-07-19-11-04-14.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Installing your wall connector a couple of weeks in advance, y'all are amateurs. :)

I had mine installed 18 months ago. Looking forward to finally being able to use the button on the connector.

maclek wrote: »
    Installing your wall connector a couple of weeks in advance, y'all are amateurs. :)

I had mine installed 18 months ago. Looking forward to finally being able to use the button on the connector.

A man after my own heart!
    8m0Q878.jpg

In terms of OCD planning, has anyone any info on ceramic coating? I see a lot of USA customers getting the front of the car or the whole car done to protect the paint. Anyone in Ireland doing this for a reasonable price? Has anyone had a car with this done and can give any feedback on how easy it is to clean / how well it keeps the car?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

maclek wrote: »

Think those buttons cease a lot. Might need a new one and sure get a new fuse box as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

As I understand it, there are two factors in the electricity supply: the "level of supply" which is the MIC rating in kVA, and the connection type (single phase vs three phase).

The charges are sort of explained and laid out in these links:

How to change your level of supply
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/increasing-decreasing-supply/changing-your-level-of--supply

Increase the level of supply in a house
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/increasing-decreasing-supply/domestic-user

ESB Networks' Charges (PDF | 629KB).
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/docs/default-source/publications/esb-networks-dac-statement-of-charges.pdf?sfvrsn=224533f0_29

The tricky bit is figuring out how this applies to connection upgrades, and what exactly "MV Network Charges" amount to, and whether those MV prices relate to domestic upgrades.

Screenshot-from-2019-07-19-11-00-20.png

Screenshot-from-2019-07-19-11-04-14.png

The lower half of that table where they list "Special connection" is where you have to pay every cent that ESB Networks bill you for their crews coming out and putting up poles etc. Thats the "MV Network charges".

They can charge you pretty much what they like for that work. It will be thousands in the vast majority of cases. And the only way to know is to get them out to assess your particular house and they give you a quote. It will be different for everyone.

The top half of the table is your standard domestic connection and is a set fee set by the regulator and it doesnt matter if extra poles have to be put up to support your connection you just have to pay that set charge.

Thats the gotcha really for getting 3ph in.... its a lottery as to what it will cost you based on how close the 3ph is from your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

You reached out and emailed them direct did you? I haven't heard a peep from Tesla since ordering!

Yeah I sent an email to DeliveryIE@tesla.com and got a direct response back.

Didn’t expect a reply but thought there was no harm in sending something to it.

I meant to say we *can* forget Triumph Ace in my original post. Looks like there will be at least one more ship heading to Europe in the next two or three weeks and that will likely carry our cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Re Home Charging

1) plugged into standard wall socket using the Tesla mobile adaptor: 14 km/hr

2) using single phase with high powered wall charger on a 32A circuit: 44 km/hr

The Tesla model 3 long range has a 75kw battery. So to charge it to 100% (tho 80% max is recommended for daily charging to preserve battery life) would take roughly 20-21 hours on a 3 pin wall socket and 7 hours on the 32a wall charger.

Also bear in mind that if you want to do it properly you really should get a night rate tarrif where electricity is half-price and schedule the model 3 to charge when this off peak kicks in, say: 12-7am so you can charge the Car to 100% for 9c a kw which would cost you approx €6.75 overnight for 300+ miles.

Hope this helps people a bit!

THANK YOU! I have been searching for 6 months for an explanation as easy as this. Exactly what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

In terms of OCD planning, has anyone any info on ceramic coating?

I'm thinking of doing it myself. Takes about 10 hours including prep for first coat. Second coat, if required, takes about an hour.

THANK YOU! I have been searching for 6 months for an explanation as easy as this. Exactly what I was looking for.

Major health warning on that though.... how many km's you get is entirely dependent on what type of driver you are and what roads you are travelling.

You will get wildly different values in the same way you would from a tank of diesel... you might get 40mpg around town but 60mpg on a long journey or anything in between depending on how heavy your right foot it.

The same is true for EV's.

The figures you really need to understand are...
    - What size is the battery in the car.
    - What rate can your charge point charge that battery
    - How far does a full charge normally take you based on your driving style and routes taken

Then workout the hourly figures from that.

For my own EV viability maths, I'm working off about 22kWh/100km at motorway speed, and 85% charge used (charge to 90%, run down to 5%).

That gives only 290km of range from a M3LR or M3P. Which is a problem, because I need a car that will do a 300km daily round trip for maybe 90 days a year (and another 50 days of 230km).

I think charging to 100% 90 days a year is going to do significant harm, so the alternatives are top up on route or drive slower.

Consequently, the availability of fast chargers which don't have significant queues is critical.

• Advertisement

For my own EV viability maths, I'm working off about 22kWh/100km at motorway speed, and 85% charge used (charge to 90%, run down to 5%).

That gives only 290km of range from a M3LR or M3P. Which is a problem, because I need a car that will do a 300km daily round trip for maybe 90 days a year (and another 50 days of 230km).

I think charging to 100% 90 days a year is going to do significant harm, so the alternatives are top up on route or drive slower.

Consequently, the availability of fast chargers which don't have significant queues is critical.

Why do you think that?
    The car has been developed to be charged to 100%.... in reality its not 100%, its 100% on the dash only, under the hood its probably more like 90% with that last 10% hidden from you.

Bottomline, dont worry about charging to 100%.... do it, and get the max range you need every day.

KCross wrote: »
    Why do you think that?
    The car has been developed to be charged to 100%.... in reality its not 100%, its 100% on the dash only, under the hood its probably more like 90% with that last 10% hidden from you.

Bottomline, dont worry about charging to 100%.... do it, and get the max range you need every day.

Hmmm, maybe it's just an efficiency thing.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1118225459416682496

https://twitter.com/bd7349/status/1118875656312504320

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A man after my own heart!
    8m0Q878.jpg

In terms of OCD planning, has anyone any info on ceramic coating? I see a lot of USA customers getting the front of the car or the whole car done to protect the paint. Anyone in Ireland doing this for a reasonable price? Has anyone had a car with this done and can give any feedback on how easy it is to clean / how well it keeps the car?

Cheers.

I’ve been using the hybrid ceramic spray on for a while now. Good for weekly washing etc. you can tell some weeks later the car has a layer of protection as the bleeding is very apparent.

I’m getting my i3 fully done next week. Clay, tar removed, paint correction and a ceramic coating applied.

I’ll then simply maintain it with weekly washing and quick detailer. My power washer is permanently set up in my covered side entrance with a 20m gun/hose so I simply just have to roll into the garden and wash, everything is already set up.

Hmmm, maybe it's just an efficiency thing.

Yes, that is true. When the car is "fully" charged you cant then push any more electrons into the battery and hence regen (which generates electricity) will be disabled or reduced.... but thats only for a short period of time until you use up a few % of the battery.... a few miles up the road and it will revert to normal.

On the 90 days where you need the range, charge it to 100% and it will do no harm whatsoever.

Leaving the battery at 100% for weeks on end while you are away on holidays is bad for it but having it at 100% and then sitting in and driving off on your long commute will do no discernible damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Munurty

I've just gotten my first ever source code VIN. 5YJ3F7EB1KF448XXX

The VIN fits into the range reported on twitter on Jul 12th. The day before triumph ace sailed from pier 80.

Performance model
    No reservation
    Day 1 order number in late twenties

Munurty wrote: »

The VIN fits into the range reported on twitter on Jul 12th. The day before triumph ace sailed from pier 80.

Performance model
    No reservation

What colour?

I’m early 2017 reservation holder, Day 1 P3D order, order number less than 10 and I have nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

hatrack wrote: »
    What colour?

I’m early 2017 reservation holder, Day 1 P3D order, order number less than 10 and I have nothing.

And is it black interior?

caster wrote: »
    And is it black interior?

Midnight Silver Metallic
    Black interior

• Registered Users Posts: 6 keithonroll

I am interested

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

I've created a spreadsheet to try and track this thing, any suggestions welcome.

You can send me a message and I'll update the sheet. Helpers welcome.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D12SF9UyouES1X-Ah74nyIw30_0BCIHq-9Gxa07HCec

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Performance model
    No reservation

In terms of searching for the VIN, in the source where is the Vin located. The only reference i see to is non active/text code as below

/**
    * Request Callback.
    * Form:
    * - tesla_request_callback_form
    * Url:
    * - /inventory/callback/5YJXCAE4XGF006813
    * Called from:
    * - tesla_test_drive/tesla_test_drive.module
    * - tesla_request_callback/tesla_request_callback.module
    * - tesla_request_callback/tesla_request_callback.main.inc
    * - tesla_request_callback/templates/callback-standalone.tpl.php
    * - tesla_request_callback/templates/call-back-standalone.tpl.php
    * - tesla_test_drive/templates/thank-you-form.tpl.php
    * - tesla_request_callback/js/request_callback.js
    * - tesla_enterprise/tesla_enterprise.callback_form.inc
    * - tesla_enterprise/js/callback_form/callback_form.js

• Advertisement

rduggy wrote: »
    In terms of searching for the VIN, in the source where is the Vin located. The only reference i see to is non active/text code as below

/**
    * Request Callback.
    * Form:
    * - tesla_request_callback_form
    * Url:
    * - /inventory/callback/5YJXCAE4XGF006813
    * Called from:
    * - tesla_test_drive/tesla_test_drive.module
    * - tesla_request_callback/tesla_request_callback.module
    * - tesla_request_callback/tesla_request_callback.main.inc
    * - tesla_request_callback/templates/callback-standalone.tpl.php
    * - tesla_request_callback/templates/call-back-standalone.tpl.php
    * - tesla_test_drive/templates/thank-you-form.tpl.php
    * - tesla_request_callback/js/request_callback.js
    * - tesla_enterprise/tesla_enterprise.callback_form.inc
    * - tesla_enterprise/js/callback_form/callback_form.js

I think that’s a placeholder VIN, a few people here have had it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

KCross wrote: »
    Why do you think that?

I believe you are mistaken:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLl_r6B1JY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Passed the Black Model 3 there about twenty minutes ago out for a test drive. Looks great in black tbf. I must sign up for a test drive.

cnocbui wrote: »

I think you've added 1+1 and got 11.

There is nothing in that video that proves that his battery fault was caused by 100% charging. His battery developed a fault and needed to be replaced. More likely a manufacturing defect as it just shutdown unexpectedly. That doesnt point to 100% charging being a root cause at all.

His advice about reducing the time that the pack spends at 0% or 100% and reducing the amount of supercharging is all good advice and more or less what I already said.

I charge my own EV to 100% everyday and its fine. Most people do the same unless they have a long range EV.

Charge the car to whatever % you need and enjoy it.

hatrack wrote: »
    I think that’s a placeholder VIN, a few people here have had it already.

Yeah its appears to be text in the code not used. I know its defintely not a VIN. What id like to see though is where other people seen their vin in the code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You don't need 3 phase if you have just one EV. And if you have two with large batteries that both need a full charge every day (how unlikely is that unless both do a 300km daily commute) then it's far cheaper to just charge one (partially) on the full day rate than to upgrade to 3 phase.

If you're getting a new house it's no harm getting a quote comparing the cost of both connections though

rduggy wrote: »

I'm not sure how far you've gotten so I'll start from the start.

Click Manage

Change the page url
    from
    tesla.com/en_IE/teslaaccount/profile?rn=RNXXX

to
    tesla.com/en_IE/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNXXX

Right click anywhere on the page except on the car. Then click view page source

ctrl + F and search for insured

The Vin is before the first mention of insured

,"vin":"5YJ3F7EB1KF448xxx","insuredVIN":null,

I'm not sure how far you've gotten so I'll start from the start.

Click Manage

Change the page url
    from
    tesla.com/en_IE/teslaaccount/profile?rn=RNXXX

to
    tesla.com/en_IE/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNXXX

Right click anywhere on the page except on the car. Then click view page source

ctrl + F and search for insured

The Vin is before the first mention of insured

,"vin":"5YJ3F7EB1KF448xxx","insuredVIN":null,

Thanks for that the "insuredVIN" search helped mine was:

"vin":null,"insuredVIN":null

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

Reag wrote: »
    Ditto for me. Edit was always available while my order was SR+. Like you switched to LR AWD and now edit option gone. Non reservation holder. Order number also 170s.
    Not reading too much into it as Tesla system unreliable. Gone today, back tomorrow maybe.

Now I have VIN in source code. Checks out as M3 Dual motor. I wonder if the reason they opened sales for LR is because that's what they had in stock or on production line. My order was white LR and black interior. 18 inch wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Reag wrote: »
    Now I have VIN in source code. Checks out as M3 Dual motor. I wonder if the reason they opened sales for LR is because that's what they had in stock or on production line. My order was white LR and black interior. 18 inch wheels.

Had a VIN but changed my order from Performance to Long Range and VIN is gone now. What I did notice though while scrolling through the bazillion lines of text is there's a line that give "estimated delivery date ". Have a check

• Advertisement

jfk75 wrote: »
    Had a VIN but changed my order from Performance to Long Range and VIN is gone now. What I did notice though while scrolling through the bazillion lines of text is there's a line that give "estimated delivery date ". Have a check

Safe to say only performance on that boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Here in Clearwater, FL at the moment, distinct lack of M3’s. Of the 3 I’ve seen they’ve been either SR / LR & all grey.

Headed over to a Tesla showroom today, they had a 3 SR, S and an X on display. The audio quality on the SR is very good for a standard offering.

Grey is the best selling colour here according to the Tesla sales guy. 50% of sales are performance.

One take away for me has been how much more well engineered the S and the X are. I’m talking about the body, doors, surfaces etc. Not the brains or electronics.

I noticed exposed welded seams on the exterior of the 3, under the boot lip, where the plate lights are. Not a deal breaker but a bit unusual.

As per my previous quote I’ve upgraded to the P+ in Blue/white. Still no VIN, I do have an email stating they are aiming for IRELAND deliveries to begin at the end of August. This email is in response to an email I sent looking for an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

AmberGold wrote: »
    Here in Clearwater, FL at the moment, distinct lack of M3’s. Of the 3 I’ve seen they’ve been either SR / LR & all grey.

Headed over to a Tesla showroom today, they had a 3 SR, S and an X on display. The audio quality on the SR is very good for a standard offering.

Grey is the best selling colour here according to the Tesla sales guy. 50% of sales are performance.

One take away for me has been how much more well engineered the S and the X are. I’m talking about the body, doors, surfaces etc. Not the brains or electronics.

I noticed exposed welded seams on the exterior of the 3, under the boot lip, where the plate lights are. Not a deal breaker but a bit unusual.

As per my previous quote I’ve upgraded to the P+ in Blue/white. Still no VIN, I do have an email stating they are aiming for IRELAND deliveries to begin at the end of August. This email is in response to an email I sent looking for an update.

I've ordered the same earlier this week. I wonder will any combination with white leather be much later as they didn't originally offer white leather? In saying that one of the first guys in the UK has the exact combo we are looking for and he got his on day 1 release in UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭rocky

jusmeig wrote: »
    Safe to say only performance on that boat.

How do you know? And are they perf- with no big wheels and brakes, or full performance?

rocky wrote: »
    How do you know? And are they perf- with no big wheels and brakes, or full performance?

The man changed from performance to AWD and lost vin. I think people who reported VINs were performance also, and the first batch to UK were 30+ performance models. But I could be wrong, and hope I am... because mine is not a performance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Would absolutely love to pull the trigger on one of these but I've nowhere to charge it. I live right next to Sandyford industrial estate where there's supposed to be a supercharger by the end of the year. I'd be buying one through my company so am limited to the standard range version though, I'm not I could live with bringing it down to be charged probably every two weeks. If you live in an apartment with underground parking are you just screwed when it comes to electric vehicles? If I was able to charge in my parking spot I'd have put the deposit down already.

Would absolutely love to pull the trigger on one of these but I've nowhere to charge it. I live right next to Sandyford industrial estate where there's supposed to be a supercharger by the end of the year. I'd be buying one through my company so am limited to the standard range version though, I'm not I could live with bringing it down to be charged probably every two weeks. If you live in an apartment with underground parking are you just screwed when it comes to electric vehicles? If I was able to charge in my parking spot I'd have put the deposit down already.

It's possible to get the management company to install a charger, but I've heard it's difficult at the best of times.

I'd not buy a Tesla and only ever Supercharge it, that would take a heavy toll on the battery and lead to quicker degradation.

jusmeig wrote: »
    The man changed from performance to AWD and lost vin. I think people who reported VINs were performance also, and the first batch to UK were 30+ performance models. But I could be wrong, and hope I am... because mine is not a performance!!

There are loads of SR+ orders in the UK where VINs have been assigned. From what I can see there are probably more SR+ than anything else coming on Triumph Ace.

We’ll have to wait and see what happens with the next boat, can’t see any cars from Triumph Ace coming to Ireland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can you explore the option of installing a charge point in your car spot. It has been done before. It all comes down to where the spot is in relation to your mains income which can be in the basement and if there’s access to your Consumer unit to track usage.

Talk to Nigel Daly electrical contractor or Joe MC Carty.

• Advertisement

Saw on Electrek that Tesla's supercharger map was updated for Ireland with upcoming supercharging stations:

- Lisburn, Co. Antrim - target 2019
    - Enfield, Co. Meath - target by end of 2019
    - Sandyford, Dublin.
    - Athenry, Co. Galway - by end of 2020
    - Cork City - by end of 2020

They need to get on over in Tralee direction for people visiting down there - considering the tourism down that part of the country.

3yWNxWJ.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement