Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

One of my meters is in the car park but I think it's my gas one, the electric meter is on the ground floor. The Nigel Daly website says installing one in an apartment parking spot should be no bother if the management company were on board but how would they physically do that? My apartment is three floors up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

One of my meters is in the car park but I think it's my gas one, the electric meter is on the ground floor. The Nigel Daly website says installing one in an apartment parking spot should be no bother if the management company were on board but how would they physically do that? My apartment is three floors up.

But your meter is generally some where central, they could take a tap off that. Or ideally management companies and energy providers should look at providing sub metered chargers. Using a prepaid card or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

bdogg wrote: »
    Saw on Electrek that Tesla's supercharger map was updated for Ireland with upcoming supercharging stations:

- Lisburn, Co. Antrim - target 2019
    - Enfield, Co. Meath - target by end of 2019
    - Sandyford, Dublin.
    - Athenry, Co. Galway - by end of 2020
    - Cork City - by end of 2020

They need to get on over in Tralee direction for people visiting down there - considering the tourism down that part of the country.

3yWNxWJ.jpg

Wtf did the poor NW do to upset Tesla planners?

mouthful wrote: »

Very low population density.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I would have thought the main point of such chargers was to provide for people near the end of a journey, or part way through it, more than to serve the needs of locals. It's to make the cars based in Dublin more viable, in terms of range and usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

ted1 wrote: »
    Very low population density.

True...but do people not travel from highy populated ares to lesser ones and need to charge for their journey back. I think if I was Dublin based I would not use a super charger I would instead charge at home as it is cheaper (for model 3 drivers) and kinder to the battery.

However far from home with a long journey ahead these matters would not be of concern to me. I may not be the typical Tesla driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

cnocbui wrote: »
    I would have thought the main point of such chargers was to provide for people near the end of a journey, or part way through it, more than to serve the needs of locals. It's to make the cars based in Dublin more viable, in terms of range and usage.

Or cars that travel to Dublin on a regular basis.

80km from Dublin along the major motorway routes would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Lumen wrote: »
    Or cars that travel to Dublin on a regular basis.

80km from Dublin along the major motorway routes would be handy.

How Ireland has changed. Same country where you would be sitting in the back with six kids outside
    Abbeyleix or Moate for an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 xCiaránx

You'd have to understand it to an extent. There's a reason the NW isn't served well by motorways either compared to the rest of the country. That said, I'm based in Dublin and would definitely appreciate something in that area. I'd have a few trips to Sligo/Donegal a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

mouthful wrote: »

Not enough people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Another 5,070 RHD VINs registered today. That’s about 11,300 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Popped over Tesla in Sandyford today. They had a black SR+ outside and a red one in the showroom. Looks savage in person. Not changing the car until July 2020 but I think I’m sold on the model 3

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

tomister wrote: »
    Popped over Tesla in Sandyford today. They had a black SR+ outside and a red one in the showroom. Looks savage in person. Not changing the car until July 2020 but I think I’m sold on the model 3

The red one is that the Left hand performance they always had? And the black one is it the SR+ with the aero wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

rduggy wrote: »
    The red one is that the Left hand performance they always had? And the black one is it the SR+ with the aero wheels?

Yup the black one is the SR+ with the Aero Wheels RHD. They were closed when we got over so only saw the red one through the glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Tesla central in the Netherlands, rows and rows of X’s & S’s at the airport being used as taxi’s and quite a few model 3’s on the motorways and in towns.

I saw a nice Model 3, AWD LR black on black, spent 5 mins looking around at the panel gaps (which were perfect) until the owner came out thinking I was trying to steal it. Spent the next 20 mins chatting about his ownership and eating ice cream at a famous ice cream parlor near the beach.

YFvHENT.jpg

He regrets black on black out and in as its quite drab and the black always looks dirty, he is also gutted that after owning for a couple of months white is the standard paint and would have much preferred that. Tesla have offered him free autopilot after he asked for a re-fund of the difference. The AWD LR is overkill for him and with the EU supercharger networks will never really need the additional range. He charges once a week and commutes 90km’s a day and ferries kids around at the weekend to soccer matches. After the ice cream he loaded 4 kids in back and headed home so roomy enough for my 2 :-).

I quite like the Aero Wheels without the covers, the brake calipers when you have a close look quite nice in silver metal with a laser etch Tesla. I doubt I would change the wheels

See Tesla motors club. There are big problems in uk with price changes. They talk about offer prices. Try being told price goes down or up. very odd. Couldn’t tell you my car cost. I know it isn’t €48900 anyway. The invoice is higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

I never put in any referral code when i was ordering. Would it be too late now i wonder? I never seen anything obvious to enter it either, was that option available?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

digiman wrote: »
    I never put in any referral code when i was ordering. Would it be too late now i wonder? I never seen anything obvious to enter it either, was that option available?

Now that I think of it I never entered one either...! If anybody would like to message me their code so we both benefit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Yurple wrote: »
    Now that I think of it I never entered one either...! If anybody would like to message me their code so we both benefit :)

I think you need to do it before you order as the link brings you to a landing page where you can order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

There's talk in the UK that you can get your "delivery advisor" to add one for one, once they start talking to you of course. This is normally about 2 weeks before delivery. People in the UK have also successfully got the referral code added to their reservation in the showrooms/service centres. You should also email DeliveryIE@tesla.com with your reservation numbers asking to add it. I'll send my code via PM to you two! If anyone else needs a referral code, send me a PM.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement

I was too caught up in the excitement of buying that I forgot too

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

rduggy wrote: »
    I was too caught up in the excitement of buying that I forgot too
    Ah Jaysus lads!

Happy to answer any/all questions re my last 45k kms in the MS for use of my code!

B

Ill use the one i was sent from people on here- if anyone else wants to use my one please do:

https://ts.la/robert50709

Pm sent as you can’t put up codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

So i was thinking of ordering the blue or grey M3 with the white interior but now with the white paint as standard I might just get that with a black interior. Cheaper too ;)

In any case to avail of 2 years + current year free road tax i'm going to wait till early next year I think.

By then some people here should have them and be able to give feedback. You are all my guinea pigs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

I have ordered the standard range plus with multi coat red exterior and white interior ... but looking at the standard wheels it seems to clash with the white interior in a bad way in my opinion :(

I cannot seem to find videos of a standard range plus tesla model 3 with red exterior and white interior to see what it looks like... if anybody has any video or photo please let me know.

I am tempted to change to black interior because it looks much better with the black wheels and red.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Just out of curiosity, is there any reasonably accurate figure on how many Model 3s have been ordered in Ireland? If I remember correctly someone said the invoice numbers were sequential.

Could it be 250+? That would be a sizable uptick in the EV sales market here.

Anyone order the tow bar? I travel with bikes so was looking at getting a tow mounted bike rack as the booth/window does not seem compatible with the ones that hang off the booth.

I've never had a tow before, can someone advise, can you take the hook off so it's not sticking out?
    Is it relatively discreet when not in use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

jusmeig wrote: »
    Anyone order the tow bar? I travel with bikes so was looking at getting a tow mounted bike rack as the booth/window does not seem compatible with the ones that hang off the booth.

I've never had a tow before, can someone advise, can you take the hook off so it's not sticking out?
    Is it relatively discreet when not in use?

It's removable.

Towbar bike rack is much handier than those strap on racks. Towbar for a bike rack is a must for me if I change to an EV. If your only carrying 1 or two bikes I'd highly recommend the Thule Express it only takes a seconds to clip on a minute to load bikes. If your carrying more or going to Europe with it I'd get one of the platform ones with a lightboard. I have a Buzzrack wing 4 that done's done 3 trips to France now. I like it mostly and it works well but I think in hindsite I should have spent a bit more and got a Thule one.

Edit just to add if getting a platform one get one that can tilt with the bikes on it so you can still open the boot. May not actually be an issue with the Model 3's saloon boot though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Coltrane

Tesla’s online Model-3 configurator is showing delivery in August (2019)...how optimistic do we think that is?

I would’ve guessed late 2020 given the backlog of reservations (I’ve no reservation).

Coltrane wrote: »
    Tesla’s online Model-3 configurator is showing delivery in August (2019)...how optimistic do we think that is?

I would’ve guessed late 2020 given the backlog of reservations (I’ve no reservation).

Fairly accurate but September is much more likely. They are sending two, possibly three ships to Europe this month. There will be more than enough cars for UK and Ireland orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

hatrack wrote: »
    Fairly accurate but September is much more likely. They are sending two, possibly three ships to Europe this month. There will be more than enough cars for UK and Ireland orders.

Dealer said yesterday reservations made today might not be fulfilled until end of year / new year

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I just drove by the Tesla factory. There’s at least 20 car-carriers lined up on the road outside it, each one filled with Model 3s. Couldn’t make out if they were RHD though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

soc wrote: »
    Dealer said yesterday reservations made today might not be fulfilled until end of year / new year

Which dealer was that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I just drove by the Tesla factory. There’s at least 20 car-carriers lined up on the road outside it, each one filled with Model 3s. Couldn’t make out if they were RHD though.

What factory???

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    What factory???

Fremont, California.

AmberGold wrote: »
    Which dealer was that ?
    There is only one, Sandyford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

jusmeig wrote: »
    There is only one, Sandyford.

Ok they’ve changed their tune so, I’ve heard a lot of verbal from other manufacturers dealers re delays, quality, fires etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

AmberGold wrote: »
    I’ve heard a lot of verbal from other manufacturers dealers re delays, quality, fires etc.

Yes, I can imagine the FUDmachine is in full flow. :D

Whilst fires are rare, they do require special treatment.

https://www.hln.be/in-de-buurt/antwerpen/brandende-tesla-moet-nachtje-in-bad-om-vlammen-te-doven~a112edf9/
    "The Antwerp fire brigade had to use a remarkable extinguishing technique last night. A burning Tesla was dipped in a container with water so that the fire could be put out."

Pretty cool.

soc wrote: »

What dealer? A competitor who is trying to sell you a different brand.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    What dealer? A competitor who is trying to sell you a different brand.

No. Tesla Sandyford. We were in there yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Definitely three, you can tell where they are going by the gross tonnage, <55000 Asia, >55000 Europe. So that means the conductor and champion are going to Europe and prime is going west.

Yes, I'm slightly obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Just received the following email from Tesla

Thank you for your email and your patience whilst we are getting your order ready.

We are currently expecting the first Model 3 deliveries in Ireland to take place towards to end of August, depending on the configuration of your vehicle order.

Our vehicles are manufactured not in order date procession, alternatively, they are built in batches starting with the most popular configuration and shipped to Ireland. If your configuration is on its way, you will then be matched to a vehicle in order date procession with a priority for reservation holders. Once a VIN number is assigned to your order we will then be able to provide you will a more accurate estimated time of delivery where you will receive a message once your vehicle is ready for collection

In the meantime please keep an eye on your Tesla Account, this will update closer to the potential collection of your new vehicle requesting further information from you to complete your order.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us!

Teslablue wrote: »
    Just received the following email from Tesla

Thank you for your email and your patience whilst we are getting your order ready.

We are currently expecting the first Model 3 deliveries in Ireland to take place towards to end of August, depending on the configuration of your vehicle order.

Our vehicles are manufactured not in order date procession, alternatively, they are built in batches starting with the most popular configuration and shipped to Ireland. If your configuration is on its way, you will then be matched to a vehicle in order date procession with a priority for reservation holders. Once a VIN number is assigned to your order we will then be able to provide you will a more accurate estimated time of delivery where you will receive a message once your vehicle is ready for collection

In the meantime please keep an eye on your Tesla Account, this will update closer to the potential collection of your new vehicle requesting further information from you to complete your order.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us!

Was that in reply to an email you sent?

What’s your spec?

Was that in reply to an email you sent?

What’s your spec?

It’s seems to be standard reply as I got this also when I emailed them. I ordered SR+ Black/Black

maclek wrote: »
    I've created a spreadsheet to try and track this thing, any suggestions welcome.

You can send me a message and I'll update the sheet. Helpers welcome.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D12SF9UyouES1X-Ah74nyIw30_0BCIHq-9Gxa07HCec

Would be handy to also track how many people have ordered which spec :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

The Triumph Ace is through Panama and Europe bound.

Any movement on VINs? Am I the only one without one? Ordered Blue P3D+ black interior and still have Edit Design button and no VIN.

Glovis Champion is currently loading at Pier 80, expect that to be departing for Europe in the next day or two.

Any movement on VINs? Am I the only one without one? Ordered Blue P3D+ black interior and still have Edit Design button and no VIN.

Glovis Champion is currently loading at Pier 80, expect that to be departing for Europe in the next day or two.

Don’t think anyone has one. That was an error last week.

smokybacon wrote: »
    Don’t think anyone has one. That was an error last week.

So everyone lost the VINs they had in the source code and got the Edit Design button back?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement