Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

backlashs wrote: »
    Dose the Model 3 in Sandyford have an Irish Reg?
    And dose any one have it handy,

Trying to get Insurance Quotes and not having any look with out a Reg,

Axa Wont Insure me as Im under 30

When I spotted it, it had a reg that just said "MODEL 3" and they had a trade plate on the dash. that was a few days ago so might have been registered since I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Dose the Model 3 in Sandyford have an Irish Reg?
    And dose any one have it handy,

Trying to get Insurance Quotes and not having any look with out a Reg,

Axa Wont Insure me as Im under 30

The AA will quote you without a reg - it was mentioned here on this thread how to get it. Tried Chill insurance, but they were computer says no. They needed a reg. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

bdogg wrote: »
    The AA will quote you without a reg - it was mentioned here on this thread how to get it. Tried Chill insurance, but they were computer says no. They needed a reg. Useless.

Thanks bdogg,

Got a quote from the AA site 680, much much lower then i was expecting,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Anyone else got this email today?
    Non of the links work. Takes me to the referral program page

Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery
    To move forward in the delivery process, please provide the following information for your order RN109395XXX
    Delivery Location
    Confirm your vehicle delivery Location
    >
    Payment Method
    Confirm whether you will pay with Cash, Loan or Lease
    >
    Registration Documents
    Upload all documents related to your registration
    >
    Trade-in*
    Confirm if you will be trading in a vehicle

>

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

I find it unusual that there could be model 3's bound for Ireland prior to Tesla actually contacting people to arrange next steps / payment. If, for instance, they pop 300 cars on a ship Ireland and 50 people don't proceed with the next steps (can't secure finance/sell their own car/have a change of heart etc...) what will happen with the remaining cars? will they just sit out in Sandyford waiting for people to order the same configuration? Will they be transported to the UK ? could people, in theory, then go from ordering a RHD to receiving a it in days?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

kev22185 wrote: »
    I find it unusual that there could be model 3's bound for Ireland prior to Tesla actually contacting people to arrange next steps / payment. If, for instance, they pop 300 cars on a ship Ireland and 50 people don't proceed with the next steps (can't secure finance/sell their own car/have a change of heart etc...) what will happen with the remaining cars? will they just sit out in Sandyford waiting for people to order the same configuration? Will they be transported to the UK ? could people, in theory, then go from ordering a RHD to receiving a it in days?

This definitely happens in the US quite a bit. I think there's such a backlog in the UK / Ireland at this point that they won't become inventory cars, they will just be allocated to the next in line.

I reckon they have a pretty good stats on what % of orders don't complete the purchase and can base their manufacturing runs on that.

I wonder if there are any physical differences between the UK and Irish cars, there really shouldn't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They should do what Canyon do with their online bike ordering, and give a delivery week number depending on configuration.

Then the demand would even out as impatient people would tend to pick the configurations that were in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They could do that 10 times and still sell all the cars here on arrival week

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

rg_lv wrote: »

To move forward in the delivery process, please provide the following information for your order RN109395XXX
    Delivery Location
    >
    Payment Method
    >
    Registration Documents
    >
    Trade-in*

>

Nothing here yet anyway. At least it looks like some progress.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Not to mention all the Model 3s headed to the U.K. for August deliveries that will likely be refused until September for the new 69 plate. The Irish orders would happily take them for 192 plates!

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Brianberu

maclek wrote: »
    I think there's such a backlog in the UK / Ireland at this point that they won't become inventory cars, they will just be allocated to the next in line.

Ive just phoned Sandyford and placed my order. (XXXXX708). He told me Jan Feb 2020 for new orders now.

Ps. I also forgot to use a referral code so if someone PM me one Ill try and add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 germc1000

Just PM'd my code, should be no problem adding it to the order.

Thanks.

Markjsca1 wrote: »

I booked a test drive, 30 mins later i received that email (with the links not working). I think it has to be a mistake if no one else has got the same.
    Not very good for a software company :P

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

Markjsca1 wrote: »

I booked a test drive, 30 mins later i received that email (with the links not working). I think it has to be a mistake if no one else has got the same.
    Not very good for a software company :P

same here.
    i had signed in and went through to look at test drive slots. didnt book one but soon after got a mail with links not working. my account stage did not change. error i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Brianberu wrote: »
    Ps. I also forgot to use a referral code

Ah Jaysus - another one! I'm dying here lads...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

That's why the ones being transported first will be the most in demand configs (I saw it mentioned somewhere...). So if you decline your vehicle, they will offer to next person looking for that config

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Ive just phoned Sandyford and placed my order. (XXXXX708). He told me Jan Feb 2020 for new orders now.

Ps. I also forgot to use a referral code so if someone PM me one Ill try and add it.

If that’s the order number you refer to it’s gone from 250 to 708 in less than a month. Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

708? You sure that’s not the reservation number you’ve posted? Begins with RN.

Be very surprised if they’d had 500 odd orders in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

does anybody know how to add a referral to an existing order without going to the back of the queue by cancelling and re-ordering? :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I still have not seen a red car parked in California waiting to be loaded on a ship. Seems they are all black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Thanks bdogg,

Got a quote from the AA site 680, much much lower then i was expecting,:D

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Yurple wrote: »
    does anybody know how to add a referral to an existing order without going to the back of the queue by cancelling and re-ordering? :-D

U can call and they can do this, or also at collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brianberu

hatrack wrote: »
    708? You sure that’s not the reservation number you’ve posted? Begins with RN.

Be very surprised if they’d had 500 odd orders in the last few weeks.

Yes apologies that is my reservation number. I take it I get an order number when I pay the balance of the car?

Yes apologies that is my reservation number. I take it I get an order number when I pay the balance of the car?

Check your booking invoice - there should be an invoice number on the top right - that’s what we all mean when we sat order number.

My order was placed on the 28th June when they were stating July delivery. I was ok with Aug / Sept. Now it’s August on the website with the Tesla store Sandyford sales guys saying Jan Feb for orders today.

I’ve sold my car because I had an offer I couldn’t refuse! Now I’ll likely have to get a plan B in place, over to the LuxoBarge / Bangernomics thread...

• Advertisement

AmberGold wrote: »
    My order was placed on the 28th June when they were stating July delivery. I was ok with Aug / Sept. Now it’s August on the website with the Tesla store Sandyford sales guys saying Jan Feb for orders today.

I’ve sold my car because I had an offer I couldn’t refuse! Now I’ll likely have to get a plan B in place, over to the LuxoBarge / Bangernomics thread...

I don’t think January / February can be right for orders today. UK and Ireland backlog will be cleared by September and I’d be surprised if there wasn’t stock knocking around by then too. Maybe it would be January / February for an usual spec like white seats and a tow bar but something more run of the mill should be available quicker.

Besides, given Tesla US doesn’t seem to tell anyone in Tesla Europe when the cars are coming the guys in Sandyford probably know as much as us about when the cars will actually arrive so I wouldn’t take what they say with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I don’t think January / February can be right for orders today. UK and Ireland backlog will be cleared by September and I’d be surprised if there wasn’t stock knocking around by then too. Maybe it would be January / February for an usual spec like white seats and a tow bar but something more run of the mill should be available quicker.

Besides, given Tesla US doesn’t seem to tell anyone in Tesla Europe when the cars are coming the guys in Sandyford probably know as much as us about when the cars will actually arrive so I wouldn’t take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Maybe they don’t think plan any LHD production runs between August and January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Triumph Ace was updated as heading to Belgium Zebrugge anyways. Not sure if i missed that lately or wasn't reading it correctly. Estimated Arrival August 2nd.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:408974/mmsi:352062000/vessel:TRIUMPH%20ACE

Glovis Champion filling up also in San Francisco.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:714239/mmsi:538005127/vessel:GLOVIS%20CHAMPION

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Delivery Location
    >
    Payment Method
    >
    Registration Documents
    >
    Trade-in*

>

Received this email this morning, likewise links don't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Gloves champion on the way to panama which should mean Europe hopefully with Irish bound cars

• Advertisement

Teslablue wrote: »
    Gloves champion on the way to panama which should mean Europe hopefully with Irish bound cars

Glovis Prime (going to Asia) is just berthing now, didn't wait long, pier was empty for about an hour. Then SFL Conductor shortly after that, then ... nothing yet!

Teslablue wrote: »

Hopefully we will see the Edit Design button disappear again in the next 24 hours. If not we might be waiting for SFL Conductor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Approx how many cars do the larger ships carry?

JohnC. wrote: »
    Approx how many cars do the larger ships carry?

Somewhere between 3,500 and 4,000 is what I’ve read.

Some cars will be LHD so you’d hope they sent 2,500 RHD on Triumph Ace and Glovis Champion which would clear most of the back log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I'm seriously considering getting an M3 early in 2020, but I have some concerns that others may have considered previously...

There are reports that the Tesla's aren't aging well in terms of interior.

I have a BMW at the moment with individual colour paint and at 3 years looks amazing when washed. I would go for the blue M3 but anyone any idea how well the paint looks, particularly in sunny weather?

Is anyone genuinely concerned about the future of Tesla as a company. Always lots of reports about the company not doing well but could a bigger player come in and buy them, use their tech in their cars leaving the current offerings as the next DeLoreans?

At 15 years, what charge would the battery be able to hold? 50%?

Somewhere between 3,500 and 4,000 is what I’ve read.

Some cars will be LHD so you’d hope they sent 2,500 RHD on Triumph Ace and Glovis Champion which would clear most of the back log.

I've heard up to 5,000.

Interesting 2012 article: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/automobiles/around-the-world-with-5500-cars.html

maclek wrote: »

I think the weight of electric cars means they can’t get quite as many on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

MaceFace wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering getting an M3 early in 2020, but I have some concerns that others may have considered previously...

There are reports that the Tesla's aren't aging well in terms of interior.

I have a BMW at the moment with individual colour paint and at 3 years looks amazing when washed. I would go for the blue M3 but anyone any idea how well the paint looks, particularly in sunny weather?

Is anyone genuinely concerned about the future of Tesla as a company. Always lots of reports about the company not doing well but could a bigger player come in and buy them, use their tech in their cars leaving the current offerings as the next DeLoreans?

At 15 years, what charge would the battery be able to hold? 50%?

My Model S is blue. After two years it still looks as stunning as the day I picked it up. It looks great in any weather.

I'm not worried about the company or my battery.

Here's an article about battery degradation.
    https://electrek.co/2018/04/14/tesla-battery-degradation-data/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Delivery Location
    >
    Payment Method
    >
    Registration Documents
    >
    Trade-in*

>

Do you mind me asking when you ordered and what configuration?

MaceFace wrote: »
    I doubt it. More likely would be a Lambo-Audi type takeover, where the build quality (panel gaps etc) improves but the core of the product stays the same.

I wouldn't buy shares in Tesla though, or debt. It's been overvalued since forever. That's where a lot of the commentary comes from, targetted at investors (equity or debt holders). It doesn't concern me as a potential buyer. I'd be more worried about buying a Leaf, given their history of battery degradation (and Nissan have their own financial problems!).

• Advertisement

the_pod wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking when you ordered and what configuration?

I ordered on 8th of June, reservation holder for 6 months. Switched from SR+ to long range when the prices changed.
    I think that email was a mistake as i got it soon after i booked a test drive

I ordered on 8th of June, reservation holder for 6 months. Switched from SR+ to long range when the prices changed.
    I think that email was a mistake as i got it soon after i booked a test drive

I got the email, haven’t booked a test drive. Ordered 26th June, non reservation holder. Order amended from P- to P+ when pricing changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭rocky

People that ordered the performance, what was the reason over LR? Extra acceleration, nicer wheels, something else?

rocky wrote: »
    People that ordered the performance, what was the reason over LR? Extra acceleration, nicer wheels, something else?

All that & stronger residuals. If you costed the extras of the P+ individually as retro upgrades it would be multiples of what we’re paying here never mind the performance factor.

I’ve ran 20’s for some time on my current motor with no problems so prepared for that aspect.

bf wrote: »
    I got the email, haven’t booked a test drive. Ordered 26th June, non reservation holder. Order amended from P- to P+ when pricing changed

What colour & seats have you ordered? Similar timing to me on the P+ with no email, I’ve ordered white interior & Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

All that & stronger residuals. If you costed the extras of the P+ individually as retro upgrades it would be multiples of what we’re paying here never mind the performance factor.

I’ve ran 20’s for some time on my current motor with no problems so prepared for that aspect.

I have ordered 20 inch and always wondered about ride quality. But good to know it's okay

Similar width/profile - 235/35 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

What colour & seats have you ordered? Similar timing to me on the P+ with no email, I’ve ordered white interior & Blue.

Ordered the same in mid July, no update on anything

Lumen wrote: »
    Similar width/profile - 235/35 ?

Good point, I ran 265/35 as opposed to what's on the P+ 235/35, plugging in the details to an online Tyre Size Calc it's showing the 265 to be 1.1" wider with .5" (15.6%) higher sidewall. That could be it but I won't be changing anyway, I've seen mixed reports on ride quality on the US forums.

I always drove M series BMW's and SLine Audis over the years inc. a TT & used to read lots about ride quality on those but can't say I noticed it too much myself.

• Advertisement

White exterior & black interior - that was always my colour preference, so not changed. I'm not placing any importance on the email, I think it will just link to the manage order page on Tesla account & they haven't updated that yet for anyone to fill out more data.

I have no VIN in source code etc, so still very much the guessing game & hoping for September delivery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement