Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Munurty

I seemed to be the only left with a hidden source code VIN but it has now disappeared too.

Looks like no chance of if arriving while i'm on holidays in the middle of August now which is a bit of a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Munurty wrote: »
    I seemed to be the only left with a hidden source code VIN but it has now disappeared too.

Looks like no chance of if arriving while i'm on holidays in the middle of August now which is a bit of a relief.

I am on holidays till mid aug and was hoping Tesla wouldn’t contact me to take delivery like August 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

smokybacon wrote: »
    I am on holidays till mid aug and was hoping Tesla wouldn’t contact me to take delivery like August 1st.

I am exactly in the same situation..on vacation from start to mid August..it looks okay now..

Tesla accessories

I have so far purchased the following in anticipation of tesla..Will be interesting to know what others have done..
    1. charging port in the house
    2. 3d spider car mats, drunk and trunk mats
    3. nomad wireless charging pad
    4.centre console cover
    5. Touch screen protector

Potential future buys
    1. Center console organizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 xCiaránx

I hope you haven't puchased LHD car mats...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

xCiaránx wrote: »
    I hope you haven't puchased LHD car mats...

Likely! I don’t think think they make RHD ones yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I bought LHD 3D spider mats as well, it looks like they will fit fine. It’s just the reinforced drivers heal will be on the wrong side.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 xCiaránx

The driver's side has a large foot rest area beside the pedals that isn't present on the passenger side. The mat shape needs to be different on each side, thus LHD mat sets will not be compatible with RHD cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

I wonder if this is the next ship after the SFL Conductor, looks to be dropping off a bunch of VWs, should be nice and empty after that:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:460609/mmsi:371384000/imo:9303170/vessel:GRAND_DUKE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Old diesel

When can those of us without an order book a Model 3 test drive?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Old diesel wrote: »

Right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭jusmeig

No connection between orders and test drives, fill out the form on their website. I'm going Friday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

No order here, and I've got a test drive on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

So was configuring "my" Tesla again ( I seem to do it once a week!) and they are now offering 1 year free insurance here in Switzerland if ordered before the 4th August. If you stay with their choice of insurer (Zurich) after the year they offer a much lower insurance rate than my current Insurer for the model 3 (1250 vs 1750 chf) and also offer 10% back after 3 years if you have no claims on the car.

Makes it very tempting to pull the trigger now! I really need to see what my 3 year old Golf is worth and to get a test drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Email update from Tesla - now saying late September for first deliveries, on this basis I would say no Irish cars on the Glovis Champion:

Thank you for your email and your patience whilst we are getting your order ready.

Please excuse the email which you have received, this was an automated email by our system which is slightly ahead of its time, resulting in you being unable to update your details in your Tesla Account. We are currently expecting this to be ready for your input towards the end of August.

Following this we are currently expecting the first Model 3 deliveries in Ireland to start taking place towards the end of September, depending on the configuration of your vehicle order.

Our vehicles are manufactured not in order date procession, alternatively, they are built in batches starting with the most popular configuration and shipped to Ireland. If your configuration is on its way, you will then be matched to a vehicle in order date procession with a priority for reservation holders. Once a VIN number is assigned to your order we will then be able to provide you will a more accurate estimated time of delivery where you will receive a message once your vehicle is ready for collection.

In the meantime please keep an eye on your Tesla Account, this will update closer to the potential collection of your new vehicle requesting further information from you to complete your order.

If there is anything which we can assist you with in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

:( we might get 201 plates yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Not sure if I want a new car in October!

Will give us a few more months to save up lads...
    We may end up canceling or transferring to the Model Y!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

My car was sale agreed this week at a price I cannot say no to and risk not getting similar in a month or two. Since I changed from a SR+ to the AWD LR and with the recent updates it could literally be anytime from August to mid next year until the car lands.

I am not sure what I will do next, its either bangernomics and a nice luxobarge or if its looking like next year I may import a i3 from the UK and see if I can run that and sell cost neutral until the M3 turns up.

• Advertisement

jusmeig wrote: »
    Will give us a few more months to save up lads...

The delays are tempting me to upgrade from SR+ to LR AWD. Especially now with the Netflix/YouTube announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

The delays are tempting me to upgrade from SR+ to LR AWD. Especially now with the Netflix/YouTube announcement.

I think Netflix/YouTube will require Wi-Fi, which isn't available at any chargers in Ireland as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I think Netflix/YouTube will require Wi-Fi, which isn't available at any chargers in Ireland as far as I know.

Tether your phone and your sorted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

bf wrote: »
    Email update from Tesla - now saying late September for first deliveries, on this basis I would say no Irish cars on the Glovis Champion:

Thank you for your email and your patience whilst we are getting your order ready.

Please excuse the email which you have received, this was an automated email by our system which is slightly ahead of its time, resulting in you being unable to update your details in your Tesla Account. We are currently expecting this to be ready for your input towards the end of August.

Following this we are currently expecting the first Model 3 deliveries in Ireland to start taking place towards the end of September, depending on the configuration of your vehicle order.

Our vehicles are manufactured not in order date procession, alternatively, they are built in batches starting with the most popular configuration and shipped to Ireland. If your configuration is on its way, you will then be matched to a vehicle in order date procession with a priority for reservation holders. Once a VIN number is assigned to your order we will then be able to provide you will a more accurate estimated time of delivery where you will receive a message once your vehicle is ready for collection.

In the meantime please keep an eye on your Tesla Account, this will update closer to the potential collection of your new vehicle requesting further information from you to complete your order.

If there is anything which we can assist you with in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us!

They are an utter joke.

Talking to a mate of mine and his car Model S is off the road for 3 months due to a broken wing mirror and supply of replacement. Bizarre...

They are still quoting August delivery on their website, surely this is unethical and contravenes Advertising standards guidelines.

AmberGold wrote: »
    Talking to a mate of mine and his car Model S is off the road for 3 months due to a broken wing mirror and supply of replacement. Bizarre...

They are still quoting August delivery on their website, surely this is unethical and contravenes Advertising standards guidelines.

Off the road for a wing mirror :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,742 ✭✭✭✭ted1

zep wrote: »

Sounds more like a drink driving ban, but dressed up.

ted1 wrote: »

Well, he's driving around in a rental...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ted1 wrote: »

Sounds more like another tesla hater tbh

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Sounds more like another tesla hater tbh

Ok fanboy, whatever, if you read my contribution to this thread you will see I have a model 3 on order. If you do a search you will see this supply issue documented on other forums.

Ok fanboy, whatever, if you read my contribution to this thread you will see I have a model 3 on order. If you do a search you will see this supply issue documented on other forums.
    That's unethical

How much are you saving a month :eek:
    There is a REALLY hefty dump up in price, made worse if you are financing quite a lot of the price also...

Also worth noting that, if the 7% blanket vrt comes in the SR+ will go up to low 50's.

bf wrote: »

What have you ordered by the way? Anything different like a tow bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭technocrat

Just after getting off my bus and a ‘pearl white’ Tesla cruised past me.

I was so taken with the color I didn’t realise which model it was.

All I can say is it looks absolutely stunning in that color - more of a light silver really than white.
    Definitely my choice of color when I decide to pull the trigger!

• Advertisement

technocrat wrote: »
    All I can say is it looks absolutely stunning in that color - more of a light silver really than white.
    Definitely my choice of color when I decide to pull the trigger!

Hmmm, I wonder was that a custom job you saw. The white is definitely white and not silver at all. You can see the pearlessence up close that kinda gives a very, very slight sparkle, but I wouldn't call it anything like silver.

It does look stunning though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭technocrat

Hmmm, I wonder was that a custom job you saw. The white is definitely white and not silver at all. You can see the pearlessence up close that kinda gives a very, very slight sparkle, but I wouldn't call it anything like silver.

It does look stunning though!

Ah quite possibly!

There is an identical one I often see driving about baggot st and Ballsbridge area.
    Will try and snap a pic on the phone next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

hatrack wrote: »
    What have you ordered by the way? Anything different like a tow bar?

Nope - Performance in white & black interior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

You can have one for a day or two in a little while if you don’t mind hiring it - they’re available from UFO Drive with the cars based beside St Stephens Green. I saw at least one, possibly two there this morning. Mind you, I’ve just checked the app and it looks like mid September for €109 a day upwards. I can give you a referral discount of €30 as I’m already signed up with them (that gets me a similar discount on my next hire from them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

I did warn everyone...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110643089&postcount=1252

• Advertisement

RedorDead wrote: »

Warn them of what? There is no logical reason that a car would be off the road for 3 months without a wing mirror, and I'm skeptical that this was the reason the car was of the road.

Warn them of what? There is no logical reason that a car would be off the road for 3 months without a wing mirror, and I'm skeptical that this was the reason the car was of the road.

Is it not compulsory to have a right hand side wing mirror?

Secondly on the supply of parts see the thread below...

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/tesla-parts-availability

One of many...

A load more VINs have been allocated to UK orderers today, would assume these are cars that are on Glovis Champion.

Guess we’ll all be waiting on SFL Conductor (if we’re lucky!).

Reserving a car with Tesla has been a horrible, horrible experience. Expected delivery dates have gone from late 2018, to early 2019, to 2019, to second half of 2019, to July, to end of August and now we’re being told end of September / October.

I need a car and have been holding off since January waiting for the Model 3. I really regret not just buying a car in January and getting a Model 3 next year.

The general order experience and the service issues (documented above) would make you question the wisdom of spending €75k on one but I’ve been raving about them so much I can’t really back down now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dunno in Ireland, but in the UK it's legal to drive around with a broken mirror but you'll fail the MOT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Secondly on the supply of parts see the thread below...

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/tesla-parts-availability

One of many...

I have seen a complaint by someone in Dusseldorf who is on his 3rd motor for his 2017 Tesla and who has complained that his car has been with Tesla for repairs for 12 months out of 24 with periods up to 5 months continuous.

Does anyone know if it's customary for them to provide loan cars in this instance?

Does anyone know if it's customary for them to provide loan cars in this instance?

In the US, they do all the time. And they often give you a higher spec to tempt you to upgrade. They do have at least one loaner (a model S) in Sandyford, but I suspect that will be as rare as hen's teeth when the Model 3 comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Just to comment on Tesla Service, we had the Tesla 'Ranger' out to us to pair a new key and replace missing tow-bar cover. Pretty great service, beats drop-off/pick up at a dealer or hanging around while they work on it. They were out the day after we requested. Pretty far from a 'prehistoric customer care program', I'm not aware of any other brand offering call out service like this.

thos wrote: »
    Just to comment on Tesla Service, we had the Tesla 'Ranger' out to us to pair a new key and replace missing tow-bar cover. Pretty great service, beats drop-off/pick up at a dealer or hanging around while they work on it. They were out the day after we requested. Pretty far from a 'prehistoric customer care program', I'm not aware of any other brand offering call out service like this.

Just wait until they have more cars on the road. They won’t be able to deal with the volume. Loads of stories of how service has suffered in the US since Model 3 started to be delivered in large numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I also have had gread service from the Tesla mobile ranger. Don't forget that Tesla is expanding at a phenomenal rate so I expect some elements of the business will be playing catch up at times.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement