Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

zep wrote: »
    Warn them of what? There is no logical reason that a car would be off the road for 3 months without a wing mirror, and I'm skeptical that this was the reason the car was of the road.

A normal manufacturer will have a car fixed way within 3 months for a simple issue such as a wing mirror error. My point is that tesla aftersales service is not normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cnocbui wrote: »
    I have seen a complaint by someone in Dusseldorf who is on his 3rd motor for his 2017 Tesla and who has complained that his car has been with Tesla for repairs for 12 months out of 24 with periods up to 5 months continuous.

That's appalling.

That said, if that was me and I had a replacement Tesla that was newer / higher spec / more powerful / more range all that time, I wouldn't have much of a problem with that, with my own car not clocking up any miles :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

RedorDead wrote: »
    A normal manufacturer will have a car fixed way within 3 months for a simple issue such as a wing mirror error. My point is that tesla aftersales service is not normal.
    Take a look in the motors forum. For a thread about bmw recall where people were without cars for months. Are bmw not a normal manufacturer either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Take a look in the motors forum. For a thread about bmw recall where people were without cars for months. Are bmw not a normal manufacturer either?

Wait until the recall for that recall happens. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

I just logged into my account and all that is viewable is my order agreement the invoice is gone, does this mean Tesla are ready to advise a delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Teslablue wrote: »
    I just logged into my account and all that is viewable is my order agreement the invoice is gone, does this mean Tesla are ready to advise a delivery date?

Did you log in on your phone? If so, turn the phone to landscape mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

No. That happened me a while ago. It came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Have a look at this. We are near Karlsruhe. Ev cars get free parking on street at least. Saw red one charging in multistory. Wasn’t dirty, looked boring. It was dark. Looked really small but was beside at a charging Porsche. Porsche everywhere here.I’d say one in 50 on the street is a 911/Macon. Saw blue on motorway. Looked great. This black looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

Looks like quality issues are still present..
    Should do a proper run through when getting delivery..

https://youtu.be/34BdUxiIUhk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I didn't think they had got them in Australia yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

shanec1928 wrote: »

Waiting for a recall for something like a software update is a lot different to waiting 3 months for a new mirror because the old one is broken. Software and coding vs physical parts which are very different. Anyway - fans will defend them no matter what but my point is they are very different and as they scale up with deliveries customers used to a level of service might end up disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Waiting for a recall for something like a software update is a lot different to waiting 3 months for a new mirror because the old one is broken. Software and coding vs physical parts which are very different. Anyway - fans will defend them no matter what but my point is they are very different and as they scale up with deliveries customers used to a level of service might end up disappointed.

The BMW recall WAS for a physical part - and BMW were taking the cars off the road if part needed and not available.

It was the EGR issue that was causing fires on some cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Have seen some terrible outcomes on makes like Mazda too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bmw couldn’t get the physical egr valve to fix the cars. They had so many cars waiting, they were renting space around the new showrooms to store the cars while parts were on order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Old diesel wrote: »
    The BMW recall WAS for a physical part - and BMW were taking the cars off the road if part needed and not available.

It was the EGR issue that was causing fires on some cars

My car was/ is still affected by a recall issued by BMW in Jan. 6 months later they still keep telling me i am on a waiting list to get a repair slot. In the mean time if i loose power or smell smoke they asked me to call BMW roadside assistance. My last 6 cars have been BMW's but after this i decided never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kicha wrote: »

I’ve never seen head rests so close to the roof, anyone else notice or is it just me. (Lasts few seconds )

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Let's focus back on the important things, what the heck is going on with the sfl conductor? Engine trouble? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I will have blinkers on when I pick mine up.....I always do when I get a new car. All I see is a shiny beautiful machine that I have worked (really) hard to buy and no way is there an issue with my car!

Luckily I will take a neutral with me when I (eventually) collect mine. He hates EV’s and is a shrewd farmer so he will certainly see any issues. I giggle at night in anticipation at the fart joke I will play when he sits in for the first time :-)

I am not sure how to take that video, the dash “dents” & the leather creases.....Hmmm well if he keeps hitting the dash then no wonder there are two dents in it and the (vegan) leather looks great after 5 months. Any Volvo or Mercedes owners who have cream leather will notice worse. The vibration would annoy me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Jasus! Good find... maybe we should prepare snag list to check off.

I’m seriously getting itchy feet to cancel, the uncertainty around timing of deliveries, being car less currently and the way sterling is going is making me consider a 330e, 530e, 740e, eGolf or M60. Never mind videos like this.

I was in Bavarian yesterday and they were telling me they sold a 740e and 2 x 530e that morning, all heading down south.

• Advertisement

A proper run through? The dude in that video has mental issues. Extreme case of OCD in my humble view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Saw this whilst in eastern europe recently, love it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

unkel wrote: »
    A proper run through? The dude in that video has mental issues. Extreme case of OCD in my humble view.

A dashboard rattle while playing music would be very annoying, but the rest is a bit nuts. I couldn't see the paint scratches, and who cares if they're hidden in the bumper recess?

Creases in the leather?

It's like he's never owned a car for any length of time before.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

SFL Conductor coming to Zeebrugge, i think the 1st Irish deliveries will be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

September1 wrote: »
    I think they promised June for those deliveries that are going now, so maybe they are not bad at predicting delivery month.

It seems that I was quite wrong, we are now in August and not a single one delivered in Ireland. There are some delays in UK as well, but at least they delivered some in June as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

September1 wrote: »
    It seems that I was quite wrong, we are now in August and not a single one delivered in Ireland. There are some delays in UK as well, but at least they delivered some in June as promised.
    It is frustrating alright - and the later it gets in the year, it seems to be more and more sensible to say hold fire until Jan for a new reg.. Then again, most people can't wait to get their hands on it so no doubt heart over head will prevail for a lot of people..

Triumph Ace in Celtic sea
    Gloves Champion nearing Panama Canal
    SFL Conductor near San Francisco to pick up European destined cars

Triumph Ace in Celtic sea
    Gloves Champion nearing Panama Canal
    SFL Conductor near San Francisco to pick up European destined cars

Looks like we will be waiting for SFL Conductor. More and more UK delivery dates and final invoices coming through. Even seeing some for people who ordered without a reservation which is particularly frustrating.

It doesn’t achieve anything but I’ve emailed again asking for an update.

Also expressed my disappointment that non-reservation holders in UK have started to receive delivery dates and that they continue to show August as estimated delivery for new orders.

Really wish I’d just gotten another car in January and come back for a Tesla next year. Have wasted an incredible amount of time over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Could the risk of a no deal brexit be the reason they will get as many RHD vehicles into the UK as they can before D day???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Could the risk of a no deal brexit be the reason they will get as many RHD vehicles into the UK as they can before D day???

Yes 100%, no idea what will happen with import duty etc. Good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Apparently 50% of the rapid chargers in the wee north are not operating correctly with the Model 3-

Charge rates as low as 3kw per hour are being cited- ESB have advised they are reviewing the matter.

If this is replicated this side of the border we will have a fun time once the model 3 gets here. I am going to start lobbying them and I suggest anyone who will need to use the public network from time to time should consider joining me.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

https://twitter.com/nievowners/status/1153593666361024513?s=21

https://twitter.com/plugincarguy/status/1150852878933868545?s=21

Links to the relevant tweets about the model 3 issues with ccs public chargers in the wee north.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

I had a test drive of Model 3 on Tuesday, and I told a guy from tesla about CCS chargers problem in NI, and I specifically asked if he tried to charge tesla on CCS here, he said he did and had no problem. Really hope it's true.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I had a test drive of Model 3 on Tuesday, and I told a guy from tesla about CCS chargers problem in NI, and I specifically asked if he tried to charge tesla on CCS here, he said he did and had no problem. Really hope it's true.

eCars have replaced the older CCS chargers in Ireland with new ones that are less rubbish. The Ioniq also used to have issues getting over 34kW from some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭sk8board

rg_lv wrote: »
    SFL Conductor coming to Zeebrugge, i think the 1st Irish deliveries will be on it

This thread is like an adult version of the NORAD Santa Tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

update from facebook tesla group

"Info from a meeting someone else had with Tesla today that was passed on.
    "first model 3 Tesla’s in to Ireland in September/October." Confirming what has previously been reported.
    Also any new orders will be December to early 2020 and "you can absolutely defer to an identical spec match that will be arriving closer to your preferred delivery timeline (i.e. early 2020)" if the car is coming late this year and you want to hold out for a 201 reg. ie they have plenty of orders to fill."

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

update from facebook tesla group

"Info from a meeting someone else had with Tesla today that was passed on.
    "first model 3 Tesla’s in to Ireland in September/October." Confirming what has previously been reported.
    Also any new orders will be December to early 2020 and "you can absolutely defer to an identical spec match that will be arriving closer to your preferred delivery timeline (i.e. early 2020)" if the car is coming late this year and you want to hold out for a 201 reg. ie they have plenty of orders to fill."

Very disappointed in Tesla. I know we're a small market but the out right lies about delivery dates is not on. First July, then August now October! Australian's started receiving their delivery texts this morning.

jfk75 wrote: »
    Very disappointed in Tesla. I know we're a small market but the out right lies about delivery dates is not on. First July, then August now October! Australian's started receiving their delivery texts this morning.

+1

It’s frustrating and disappointing to hear about the September / October timeline. They emailed me only last week to say it would be end of August.

Given Service Centre capacity in the UK is likely to be a delivery constraint I had hoped they’d send a few cars to Ireland since our cars will likely be coming via the UK anyway.

Website still says August for estimated delivery for new orders which is a complete joke. They updated UK on to September overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

jfk75 wrote: »

Well the boss of the company has a history of exaggeration (blatantly telling lies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I find it slightly surprising that anyone familiar with Tesla would be outraged by delivery delays.

Lumen wrote: »
    I find it slightly surprising that anyone familiar with Tesla would be outraged by delivery delays.

I’m not outraged regarding delays myself but you have to question the ethics of listing August on their website. Surely this is false advertising.

Well the boss of the company has a history of exaggeration (blatantly telling lies)

A company telling lies, where would u get it!?

AmberGold wrote: »
    I’m not outraged regarding delays myself but you have to question the ethics of listing August on their website. Surely this is false advertising.

Everything Tesla has ever done has been delayed. Why on earth did you expect this time to be different?

I know it's frustrating if you have your new Tesla ordered and perhaps already disposed of your old car. Sorry for your troubles, but we all knew this was very likely to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Everything Tesla has ever done has been delayed. Why on earth did you expect this time to be different?

I know it's frustrating if you have your new Tesla ordered and perhaps already disposed of your old car. Sorry for your troubles, but we all knew this was very likely to happen.

This is different, they’ve known there production capabilities for a good while now. And should be able to plan accordingly

• Advertisement

Regardless of people’s prior experience of dealing with Mr Musk it does not excuse misleading advertising. Without question Tesla are contravening the. “Code of Standards for Advertising and Marketing Communications in Ireland”

Section 4: Misleading Advertising
    Truthfulness
    4.1 A marketing communication should not mislead, or be likely to mislead, by
    inaccuracy, ambiguity, exaggeration, omission or otherwise.

I won’t be acting on this but it’s an eye opener, it’s not every day I drop 65 grand in circumstances like this.

I won’t be acting on this

Just as well. You would get nowhere. Even in compo Ireland.

Now wake up to the coffee and if you don't like a late 2019 car, don't get it plated until 2020.

Just as well. You would get nowhere. Even in compo Ireland.

Now wake up to the coffee and if you don't like a late 2019 car, don't get it plated until 2020.

Drove the black SR+ yesterday.
    Before the Rep arrived I had a good poke around. There were no obvious panel gaps or quality issues. I think if you are unlucky enough to get one with exterior damage it's likely been caused by the cars epic transit!

I found the seats more hugging than my Ioniq, not more comfortable but they felt more expensive and def sportier. The adjustment options are great and although I could not set it, it will be awesome to create a profile so this is all saved and automatically adjusts.

The steering felt very stiff in comparison to the Ioniq at first, but Rep adjusted to comfort or something and it was spot on. The car has autohold also just by pushing brake pedal down a little more, nice.

We went out onto the M50. I got to smoke some BMW, I'm sure they are used to it now around Sandyford. The car felt car more balanced than the Ioniq. Very little body roll on the slightly more windy roads on the way back. The acceleration is epic, it's a case of "here take my money". It just never get old, and this SR+ is over twice as fast as the Ioniq!! Tried out autopilot also on the windy roads. I was a bit surprised it activated but it handled them fine in traffic.

I really just wanted to be sure nothing jumped out at me having placed the order, it's a nice well built electric car that is fun to drive.

Regardless of people’s prior experience of dealing with Mr Musk it does not excuse misleading advertising. Without question Tesla are contravening the. “Code of Standards for Advertising and Marketing Communications in Ireland”

Section 4: Misleading Advertising
    Truthfulness
    4.1 A marketing communication should not mislead, or be likely to mislead, by
    inaccuracy, ambiguity, exaggeration, omission or otherwise.

I won’t be acting on this but it’s an eye opener, it’s not every day I drop 65 grand in circumstances like this.

It quite clearly states estimated delivery: August. So it’s not stating a fact, plus part of the thrill of getting a Tesla is the expectation of when and for some of us guessing is the Irish shipment on the latest ship leaving pier 80 in San Francisco.

Everyone expected a delay. And we got that when it went from late 2018, to early 2019, to 2019 etc. Once orders opened I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to come out with a realistic timeline. They managed to do it in Europe where they opened orders in December and started shipping in volume in February.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement