Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

goob20s wrote: »
    I'd take a discounted Tesla in November no problem. A new cars a new car. Not bothered about people seeing me in a 19 plate for more than a month.

Fine if you are going to keep the car for a long time. Sell it on in 3 years though and your December 2019 car will be worth thousands less than a January 2020 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

jusmeig wrote: »
    Got one too,
    "Est. Delivery Timeline: November/December 2019"

Received email too (and had a test drive recently) - Nov/Dec too. Is it only people who have taken a test drive that have got notifications of this new delay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

caster wrote: »
    Received email too (and had a test drive recently) - Nov/Dec too. Is it only people who have taken a test drive that have got notifications of this new delay ?

Laughing at it still giving "August" on the website.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

caster wrote: »

By any chance is this just a standard mail that assumes you have not ordered yet and thats why it quoting these dates? Is there any difference in the mails that were sent to some that state Nov/Dec vs Jan/Feb?

Getting frustrated now especially as i ordered SR+ and god know what will happen in pricing with VRT next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭jusmeig

rduggy wrote: »
    By any chance is this just a standard mail that assumes you have not ordered yet and thats why it quoting these dates? Is there any difference in the mails that were sent to some that state Nov/Dec vs Jan/Feb?

Getting frustrated now especially as i ordered SR+ and god know what will happen in pricing with VRT next year

Yes there is a difference. My one talks about editing my order not placing one.

What’s next?

Feel free to edit your order by logging into your account at Tesla.com. Once your VIN is matched, you will be notified and asked to fill your delivery information into your Tesla Account.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I had a test drive last week, and I told the guy bringing me out that I had an order placed already for an SR+. He echoed what's been said about the first cars arriving at the end of September. I haven't received any follow-up mail from the test drive with the later dates mentioned. I'm thinking these Nov/Dec/Jan dates are for new orders placed from now (someone should update the website).

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

jusmeig wrote: »
    Yes there is a difference. My one talks about editing my order not placing one.

What’s next?

Feel free to edit your order by logging into your account at Tesla.com. Once your VIN is matched, you will be notified and asked to fill your delivery information into your Tesla Account.

Ah ffs that is crazy - I actually cant justify taking a delivery that late, even if it costs me 5/6k to wait....

One difference in my email to the one posted in earlier is that mine refers specifically to my order ( I think the one that was posted earlier seems to not reference any order - I assume the poster does not have an order in).

Therefore, I assume we are now looking at Nov/Dec at the earliest. Buying a new car does not make much financial sense at the best of times but buying one in Nov/Dec makes practically no sense to me....

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    I had a test drive last week, and I told the guy bringing me out that I had an order placed already for an SR+. He echoed what's been said about the first cars arriving at the end of September. I haven't received any follow-up mail from the test drive with the later dates mentioned. I'm thinking these Nov/Dec/Jan dates are for new orders placed from now (someone should update the website).

My order was back at the start of June and i received the Nov/Dec email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Have a feeling that this is on the money. Existing orders are being shipped (and it seems a bunch are en route via Glovis Champion, then SFL Conductor and followed by Glovis Comos & possibly Glovis Courage).

My bet is Tesla is going to do all it can to fulfill current orders to get the Q3 earnings in a good spot (which should be good news for anyone with a higher margin car on order) and then spend Q4 fulfilling anything else before hitting 2020 with a more steady flow.

All that said, it could just be wishful thinking on my part since I have a red LR AWD ordered :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I haven't received such an email. I ordered 31st May, SR+ Black no extras, I have never edited the order since then, I didn't test drive. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I saw the UFO Drive Model 3 in Clifden. Long way from home. A boardsie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Old diesel

JPA wrote: »
    I saw the UFO Drive Model 3 in Clifden. Long way from home. A boardsie?

Is it RHD.......

Wondering how they got it if so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

macnab wrote: »
    I haven't received such an email. I ordered 31st May, SR+ Black no extras, I have never edited the order since then, I didn't test drive. Fingers crossed.

Likewise, SR+ Black no extras in July , order #233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

All ye lads expecting July/August delivery "because it said it online" have a lot to learn about Tesla :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

See someone got an email today from Anton in tesla Ireland, saying earliest deliveries in Ireland are now scheduled for November, can't see to many taking deliveries so late in the year. I had a test drive last week and they were saying oct, I'm an 3rd June, reservation holder.........

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

Rang Tesla Sandyford today. A key hold up I'm told is a software item they are waiting on which connects Tesla 3's for tax purposes (vague I know). Anyway seemed to echo that it will be mid to late Nov for the first ones.
    Not sure they have really thought about customers not wanting to register cars in late Nov or Dec!! Surely at least 50% of customers would prefer to delay to Jan !!
    I've mine ordered only since early Jul so I suspect it will be easily Jan before I get mine.
    My guess is, no one is going to have that dilemma as there will be no deliveries in 2019!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Hartunion wrote: »
    Rang Tesla Sandyford today. A key hold up I'm told is a software item they are waiting on which connects Tesla 3's for tax purposes (vague I know). Anyway seemed to echo that it will be mid to late Nov for the first ones.
    Not sure they have really thought about customers not wanting to register cars in late Nov or Dec!! Surely at least 50% of customers would prefer to delay to Jan !!
    I've mine ordered only since early Jul so I suspect it will be easily Jan before I get mine.
    My guess is, no one is going to have that dilemma as there will be no deliveries in 2019!!

FFS is this sluggish Irish Revenue again? Mind you I’m not sure who’s more sluggish them or Tesla at this stage.

There's a black performance one for sale in the UK already
    Could be worth a look instead of waiting. I know I'd be considering it except we're in the mortgage application process

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

bdogg wrote: »
    FFS is this sluggish Irish Revenue again? Mind you I’m not sure who’s more sluggish them or Tesla at this stage.

Is this not just another version of the scare story we had about VRT a while back before orders opened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

ELM327 wrote: »
    Could be worth a look instead of waiting. I know I'd be considering it except we're in the mortgage application process

And it's 10K over Tesla price :eek::eek::eek:

But for impatient oafs like myself, it means you get it now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bdogg wrote: »

Not a chance it’s a revenue issue. If it was the, Tesla would have the cars here in a lot waiting for clearance. It’s a made up story to deflect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

kceire wrote: »
    Not a chance it’s a revenue issue. If it was the, Tesla would have the cars here in a lot waiting for clearance. It’s a made up story to deflect.

Agree, it’s not as if Tesla haven’t been around in Ireland for a few years, so shouldn’t be any issue with Revenue.

I just wonder if they are trying to clear all UK orders pre- Brexit.

I know we are only a small country & order book for Tesla but November on and a potentially damaging budget for €50k EVs could leave them with plenty of cars in the lot in Sandyford in Q4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭jusmeig

bf wrote: »

I would agree with this 100%.
    Right now they know exactly what the import duty is, after BREXIT the Brits will be smearing poo on each other harking back to the British Raj...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

ELM327 wrote: »

That was fast!

I bought a new car shortly before drawing down. Of course every case is different but it might be worth asking your mortgage advisor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I need a car and was on the fence about a secondhand S or a new 3 anyway. Just put a deposit on a secondhand UK 75D today.

I also meet a lot of customers so buying a banger for 4 months wouldn’t cut it either.

I do a lot of motorway driving and as it’s on 19’s with a longer wheelbase it may suit me more than a M3P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Lots of model 3's (well 4 or 5) were available within a month after they were shipped here to Switzerland . Probably people availing of their no quibble money back as most had between 50 and 600km on them. This was via the Tesla resale website.

This might be an option for people who want one, aren't too picky about spec and haven't ordered yet and want ASAP. Price was pretty much as new, though I guess minus the initial car registration fees.

There were also a few on private trading sites for well over cost price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

AmberGold wrote: »
    I need a car and was on the fence about a secondhand S or a new 3 anyway. Just put a deposit on a secondhand UK 75D today.

I also meet a lot of customers so buying a banger for 4 months wouldn’t cut it either.

I do a lot of motorway driving and as it’s on 19’s with a longer wheelbase it may suit me more than a M3P.

It should also be quieter than a Model 3 at higher speeds, and definitely more comfortable if air suspension.

BKtje wrote: »
    Lots of model 3's (well 4 or 5) were available within a month after they were shipped here to Switzerland . Probably people availing of their no quibble money back as most had between 50 and 600km on them. This was via the Tesla resale website.

This might be an option for people who want one, aren't too picky about spec and haven't ordered yet and want ASAP.

Doesn't really work though in Ireland, does it? There are no Model 3 here yet. You could pick one up in the UK, but it would cost you a fortune in Irish VAT and VRT as they are not 6 months old yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Saw a red Uk Reg model 3 today, I never looked at a woman the way I looked at it- there was actual drool in my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭sk8board

Paying ‘overs’ for a new car isn’t unusual in the UK, usually limited run or slower production expensive stuff, in RHD; but it’s incredibly rare here, and certainly won’t get many takers if it’s a 5 door hatchback that I can get max a few months later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Test drove one today....super little car, crazy fast. Drove the model S as well, but not as fun.

I shall order a Model 3 Performance tomorrow chap in the dealership says a Jan or Feb 2020 is possible

Just make sure you use a referral code for 1500km of free supercharging! Let me know if you need a code.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

Oh yes please...send on on the me by PM

Sweet. Sent it onto you there. What spec you going for?

Test drove one today....super little car, crazy fast. Drove the model S as well, but not as fun.

I shall order a Model 3 Performance tomorrow

Wow, you've changed your tune :)

A lot of people buying EVs were former owners of the likes of Toyota Prius cars, not interested in cars or driving at all, only interested in being frugal, minimising our use of fossil fuels or saving money

Not all EV buyers are like that, as you well know from some of the people posting in here that you will recognise from the main motors forum

I doubt any of us have had as many BMW M cars as yourself though :)
    Test drove one today....super little car, crazy fast.

The one you drove is the base model, not very fast as in 0-100km/h in about 5.5s. You no doubt have driven faster cars.

The AWD is 4.5s, the Perfomance is 3.5s. That is super car performance. For a fraction of the price of a super car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Just watched the CarWow review, one thing stuck out amongst the positivity which may be an issue in Ireland. The guttering on the boot lid is not lined up. If it’s raining, if there is water running off the back window or boot lid upon opening, the water just drips into the boot itself. Must not rain much in California...

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Just watched the CarWow review, one thing stuck out amongst the positivity which may be an issue in Ireland. The guttering on the boot lid is not lined up. If it’s raining, if there is water running off the back window or boot lid upon opening, the water just drips into the boot itself. Must not rain much in California...

I heard that issue was resolved quite a while ago. Not 100% mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Galway56736

bf wrote: »
    Agree, it’s not as if Tesla haven’t been around in Ireland for a few years, so shouldn’t be any issue with Revenue.

I know we are only a small country & order book for Tesla but November on and a potentially damaging budget for €50k EVs could leave them with plenty of cars in the lot in Sandyford in Q4

Is your mention of a "potentially damaging budeget for €50k EVs" based on anything or just a risk?

unkel wrote: »
    Wow, you've changed your tune :)

A lot of people buying EVs were former owners of the likes of Toyota Prius cars, not interested in cars or driving at all, only interested in being frugal, minimising our use of fossil fuels or saving money

Not all EV buyers are like that, as you well know from some of the people posting in here that you will recognise from the main motors forum

I doubt any of us have had as many BMW M cars as yourself though :)

The one you drove is the base model, not very fast as in 0-100km/h in about 5.5s. You no doubt have driven faster cars.

The AWD is 4.5s, the Perfomance is 3.5s. That is super car performance. For a fraction of the price of a super car.

As a daily driver it suits me very well, and credit where its due it drives well, and the turn of speed is childish and fun, and the unusual interior appealed to me more than I though it would. There are issues. I actually dont think my tune has changed I was always open to EV. But they defo dont have the soul of a good ICE....its just ICE is dead.

Anyway I will bring some much needed cool to the EV scene round here :cool::cool::D
    Sweet. Sent it onto you there. What spec you going for?

Blue Performance with white interior, full self drive. Not many options to choose from really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

Is your mention of a "potentially damaging budeget for €50k EVs" based on anything or just a risk?

They published proposal of new VRT scheme which would make M3 SR+ more expensive but it would reduce prices of model S and X and more expensive specs of M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

As a daily driver it suits me very well, and credit where its due it drives well, and the turn of speed is childish and fun, and the unusual interior appealed to me more than I though it would. There are issues. I actually dont think my tune has changed I was always open to EV. But they defo dont have the soul of a good ICE....its just ICE is dead.

Anyway I will bring some much needed cool to the EV scene round here :cool::cool::D

Blue Performance with white interior, full self drive. Not many options to choose from really.[/QUOTE
    ICE cars don't have a soul, what you're hearing is inefficiency 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Blue Performance with white interior, full self drive. Not many options to choose from really.

goob20s wrote: »
    Modern ICE cars are just mass produced boxes, no soul there

However classics are a different story

• Advertisement

Has there been any evidence to suggest this WILL come into effect in January 2020?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭KCross

If you've money to throw at it fine but FSD is a waste of your money right now. Its not a working feature from Tesla yet and when it is it will be years before the regulators and politicans allow it.

I'd ditch FSD and buy yourself some other extras and once you know FSD is working and usable in this country buy it later when the price will no doubt, in true Tesla style, be on a flash sale.

You know that its just an over-the-air update from Tesla to enable it, so you can buy it and enable it anytime without even needing to visit a Tesla service centre (AFAIK).

Has there been any evidence to suggest this WILL come into effect in January 2020?

Its a government proposal that the minister is considering.
    You will have to wait for budget day to know for sure but I'd say it is very likely that budget day will mess with the car market (VRT, motor tax and excise on diesel fuel).

Motor industry is lobbying hard at the moment to change the minister. We'll just have to wait and see if he bottles it or not, like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I’m tearing myself apart. I’m about to push the button on a 530e (1 year old from the North), but if I could guarantee a January delivery i’d hold off, I don’t want a December delivery and don’t want to get let down and not get the car until April. It’s the uncertainty of delivery that’s preventing me getting one. Perhaps I’ll get the 530e now and change it for M3 211 plate the follow year.

Can someone tell me it’s a good idea to wait it out please....

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I’m tearing myself apart. I’m about to push the button on a 530e (1 year old from the North), but if I could guarantee a January delivery i’d hold off, I don’t want a December delivery and don’t want to get let down and not get the car until April. It’s the uncertainty of delivery that’s preventing me getting one. Perhaps I’ll get the 530e now and change it for M3 211 plate the follow year.

Can someone tell me it’s a good idea to wait it out please....

First off, you cant guarantee anything with Tesla especially when it comes to dates so get that into your head first! :)

If Jan is acceptable, why is April a disappointment?

I'd say get the 530e.... Presumably if you are getting the 530e in the North you are getting it at a very good price with sterling as bad as it is. Why not buy it and sell it mid next year at little or no loss and then get the M3 when there is a better handle on the dates.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement