Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marcel Kittel

Options

Comments

He pulled out of Yorkshire last week and cycling news were reporting he'd pulled of of the Tour of California this morning. He's been struggling with depression and some speculation he's drinking too much which isn't a help to his mental well being. Time away from the bike is probably the best thing for him and take some of the pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

He was brilliant for Quickstep few seasons back just doesn't seem to have worked out with Katusha which is a pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Time away from the bike is probably the best thing for him and take some of the pressure off.

Time away from the pressure of competitions, but cycling for the enjoyment of it is good for the soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

That's such a pity as he was one of my favourite sprinters but he has struggled the last few seasons and so most likely needs the time away to take stock and see what he wants to do in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

I wonder if there's an opportunity for Sam Bennett to go to Katusha? Not sure how long his contract runs for but he really needs to get away from Bora if he's to feature in the TDF or the Giro again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

coco0981 wrote: »
    I wonder if there's an opportunity for Sam Bennett to go to Katusha? Not sure how long his contract runs for but he really needs to get away from Bora if he's to feature in the TDF or the Giro again

He'd wanna be going now to get a space for the tour but is katusha the best team for him to go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Remember when the giro was here few years back kittel was awesome . Hopefully he can find that form again

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Remember when the giro was here few years back kittel was awesome . Hopefully he can find that form again

I remember that kid taking a pic with him when he was nearly passed out on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

neris wrote: »
    He'd wanna be going now to get a space for the tour but is katusha the best team for him to go to?

Well mid season transfers can happen first two weeks of August / if it is at all likely to happen thats another story.

Why is Katusha not best for a move?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Takes a strong person to give step away when things are too difficult.
    Hopefully he finds happiness and contentment in the next chapter of his life.

I would be surprised if we saw him back racing at the top level again, but, if he happier elsewhere then that is for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Well mid season transfers can happen first two weeks of August / if it is at all likely to happen thats another story.

Why is Katusha not best for a move?

They have Zabel there already but I think Katusha as a team have gone down hill alot in the last few years especially after Paulini & Rodriguez left. I know they have Zakarin & the lad from the classics whos name escapes me. Also if he goes in August to them hes already missed the Giro & TDF so might be better staying till season end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

classy message here from Cavandish to Kittel -
    Great description of him breaking onto the scene

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxRS7a8A8Hd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

markcavendish
    For many years of my career I felt unbeatable, invincible. One rider came on to the scene that changed that. A mountain of pure muscle and blonde hair. That rider is @marcelkittel. It seemed like cyclings version of Rocky IV. He was the first rider I ever had to “work out” how to try and beat.
    -
    Marcel, I want to say thank you for a rivalry that lifted my game, but above all gave an excitement to cycling fans.
    -
    As competitors, we all try to have an edge on each other. But as humans, we should only wish for peace and happiness for each other. From my heart, I wish you all the best for your next chapter. 👊

Advertisement