Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying in Trim

Options
  • 09-05-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭

Started to think about buying a house lately, currently living at home running the farm and teaching a few miles away. seen a house in trim which is 8 miles from my home, priced at 188k. fairly dilapidated on outside but inside looks very clean and modern so ready to move in. what kind of value is that? two goods would clean up the outside, weeds , lawn mowing, pulling out bushes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Started to think about buying a house lately, currently living at home running the farm and teaching a few miles away. seen a house in trim which is 8 miles from my home, priced at 188k. fairly dilapidated on outside but inside looks very clean and modern so ready to move in. what kind of value is that? two goods would clean up the outside, weeds , lawn mowing, pulling out bushes etc.

We viewed that gaff about 2 months ago when it was 210, i wouldn't touch it at 188. Pictures do not do justice of how much work is involved, it's not in a great way, looks like the full central heating system needs pulling out and replacing, new boiler, floors don't seem the best and modern it isn't. Although Kitchen looks ok in pics it isn't, cracking work by estate agent with the pics.

Funnily enough the house next door is up for sale too but apparently no bank would give a mortgage for it as the granny flat protrudes out a few feet and was done without planning permission, so the owner is just waiting for cash sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

jesus, stil;l would it be value for trim? its all about location i hear and trim is very in fashion now. dunno if i would live in it or rent it out or maybe rent rooms.

Advertisement