Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Pack Assembly

• 09-05-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Can anybody recommend a person/company in or around Limerick, which can assemble flat-pack furniture.

I saw a garden storage unit in Homebase, but would need it assembled, as I am (to put it mildly), not very good at this type of thing!

I asked in Homebase, and a staff member mentioned a firm called "Furniture Solutions" - but I cannot find them on Google.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maybe they meant this crowd? https://www.facebook.com/flatpacksolutionsmunster/ there's loads on google if you put in Munster furniture solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 45 charleshardin

Tha sounds like the firm she mentioned - I may have got the name wrong.

I do recall seeing somebody advertising such a service in the Limerick Post but just got today's edition, and cannot find any mention of it.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Can you share a link to the unit. I'd say there are enough people on here with flat pack experience who could talk you through it or advise if it is a simple or tricky build. You'd be surprised how simple they can be if you have done a few. It might not be the case if this is a tricky one, but worth a quick look.

Hi - and thanks for your reply.

Well the link is

https://www.keter.com/en/eden-garden-bench

However, I would for several reasons (mainly age!), be quite unable to put this (or indeed much anything else!) together, which is why I was looking fora service which did this type of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Ah. Those units just push/click together. But if it is the dexterity and not the complexity that is the problem, then it isn't a case of the helping online with the 'how to'.

• Advertisement

It is both the dexterity and the comolexity!

Once I have a go at putting things together, sheep scatter to the mountain tops.

Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP, go to your local mens shed, and i'll bet you'll find someone who'll only be too happy to do it * just give'em a few bob to keep them sweet

Where are you based? I have a bit of free time next week. Will happily drop by if you're not too far and put it together for you free of charge if you're willing to trust a random person from the internet! I've helped a few members here before and vice-versa. Looks handy enough so wouldn't imagine it would take long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Where are you based? I have a bit of free time next week. Will happily drop by if you're not too far and put it together for you free of charge if you're willing to trust a random person from the internet! I've helped a few members here before and vice-versa. Looks handy enough so wouldn't imagine it would take long.

Haha. I'm the same. All I see is adult Lego. When I get flat packed stuff I'm like a child at Christmas. As soon as I'm home I'm excited to put it together.

If Snoutal offer falls through I'll offer.

Berty wrote: »
    Haha. I'm the same. All I see is adult Lego. When I get flat packed stuff I'm like a child at Christmas. As soon as I'm home I'm excited to put it together.

If Snoutal offer falls through I'll offer.

I was kind of disappointed when I saw it was the clip together stuff. Have a new drill and a new socket set that I've yet to take for a spin! :pac:

• Advertisement

Right - I cannot get over the response and am so grateful for same.

A gentleman has offered to purchase it, deliver same, and then put it together for me, so I am (in the words of Ringo Starr), royally chuffed.

I cannot get over the response to my somewhat ridiculous request.

But what other mortals can do without breaking into a sweat, I only aspire to.

Thanks again.

Right - I cannot get over the response and am so grateful for same.

A gentleman has offered to purchase it, deliver same, and then put it together for me, so I am (in the words of Ringo Starr), royally chuffed.

I cannot get over the response to my somewhat ridiculous request.

But what other mortals can do without breaking into a sweat, I only aspire to.

Thanks again.

Nothing ridiculous about it. Plenty of great folk around here. Fair play to that man. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes, he's better than me as to be fair I'd have expected payment by at least two biscuits and a cup of tea.

Funny!

I defiinitely phrased my last reply badly - he is of course being paid - I am just very pleased as I did not expect to find anybody willing to take it off my hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Berty wrote: »
    Haha. I'm the same. All I see is adult Lego. ...
    Very well put!

I am a sick puppy that way too. If all else fails, I may even look at the instructions.

OK - well the gentleman turned up today with my bench (in a flatpack package), and while I was trying to make him coffee, read through the instructions put the whole thing together, and was gone again.

Accordingly, I am now the proud owner of one Keter Bench Storage Unit - fully assembled.

Again, my thanks to everybody for their help, and advice. It was one of the links provided ob Boards that introduced me to this genius, whose fee was so reasonable that I wondered where the catch was.

But there was none.

Of course, if anybody asks me how difficult it was to put together - I will simply say that it took me about the same time as it would to make a cup of coffee.

Yes I know I am not being totally truthful, but at my age, you need some street cred.

Well I do anyway.

Advertisement