Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weighing Scales

• 09-05-2019 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I often use a Weighing Scale in the chemist's shop as the Crescent Shopping Centre but in the last week or so, it is awaiting repair.

I have dropped by a few other chemists but I have been unable to locate another machine which prints out your weight, gives an estimate of what your ideal weight should be etc. Usually costs 1 euro.

Has anybody come across such a machine elsewhere in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Boots on William St have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Boots in the Crescent have one too...down the back.

Also one in O’Sullivan’s on Sarsfield street

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Or you could buy your own digital scale .... Argos have them from 15.00 yo yo's up ....

Ps. No ...... I don't work for Argos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I think he (maybe she) wants the print-out showing what weight they should be in relation to their height, etc.
    I know it's probably only a vague estimate done by the machine, but I'm sure it satisfies the OP's needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 charleshardin

Thanks for all the replies.

I did go down to Boots in The Crescent but never noticed a machine at the rear - and so promptly assumed there was none.

And the tip about Sullivans is also very useful.

Once upon a time when I was young (a very long time ago), there was one (non-digital of course) planked on the pavement outside every Chemist in Limerick!

As regards Argos, I actually do have a digital scales, but it is (like its ower) very inconsistent - showing several different weights within a few minutes of each attempt.

I seem to have that effect on all sorts of technology - it works fine until I have a go at it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement