Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefly Fun House

Options
  • 09-05-2019 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

c495cd277ac43bca82ee25f7d3f6ac8dba3be870.jpg@320w_200h.webp

So we are 3 weeks into Bray's big gimmick change (or is it), with the Firefly FunHouse. The concept as a whole seems to be pretty decisive between fans, some love, some hate.

I adore it personally. There's so much going on. Small touches. Like week 1, there's a gap on the wall with a nail, week 2 he hangs the picture of the burning house in that spot.

His gloves with heal and harm on them.

The 3 characters, 2 of which seem to be extensions of himself. Abby the witch, finally visualised.

The creepy undertone, especially with his delivery of his final line "All you have to do.... is let me in".

I can't wait to see where this goes. Bray has been cryptically tweeting about leaving clues in promos from 3 freaking years ago. There's been a bit of a "treasure hunt" on in Twitter circles, trying to crack the clue.

I've seen the question asked "how does this translate to the ring?". I think the gloves come into play - Heal or hurt. He listens to the voices coming from the hurt glove, then decimates his opponent. End of match, he listens to his heel glove, returns to being happy go lucky Bray.

Yowie Wowie!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are they trying to go a similiar route TNA did with Matt Hardy when he became broken matt?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Are they trying to go a similiar route TNA did with Matt Hardy when he became broken matt?

I don't think so.

This is the same Bray, with a new approach. Which makes it more sinister. Now, he wants kids souls, get them following from a younger age. He's done stuff with kids in the past too.

Its got a real creepy cult vibe to it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hey, did they ever explain Sister Abigail??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I think it's decent.

Bray badly needed a shakeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Cynicism of the way WWE usually does things would have you think it will lead nowhere or end up crap, and it might be a fair assumption

It's unlike anything they're doing at the moment, and there does seem to be some thought going into it

Unlike the superstar shake up which lead into the wild card for 3 no 4 whatever they want to make up on the spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    c495cd277ac43bca82ee25f7d3f6ac8dba3be870.jpg@320w_200h.webp

So we are 3 weeks into Bray's big gimmick change (or is it), with the Firefly FunHouse. The concept as a whole seems to be pretty decisive between fans, some love, some hate.

I adore it personally. There's so much going on. Small touches. Like week 1, there's a gap on the wall with a nail, week 2 he hangs the picture of the burning house in that spot.

His gloves with heal and harm on them.

The 3 characters, 2 of which seem to be extensions of himself. Abby the witch, finally visualised.

The creepy undertone, especially with his delivery of his final line "All you have to do.... is let me in".

I can't wait to see where this goes. Bray has been cryptically tweeting about leaving clues in promos from 3 freaking years ago. There's been a bit of a "treasure hunt" on in Twitter circles, trying to crack the clue.

I've seen the question asked "how does this translate to the ring?". I think the gloves come into play - Heal or hurt. He listens to the voices coming from the hurt glove, then decimates his opponent. End of match, he listens to his heel glove, returns to being happy go lucky Bray.

Yowie Wowie!!!

It's meant to be about post-traumatic stress disorder apparently, suggesting Bray is a reformed character haunted by his traumatic past. I doubt it was all planned out three years ago, just sounds like the usual Wyatt shi*etalk really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hey, did they ever explain Sister Abigail??

I know it would have been severely damaging to both but I kinda wish we saw The Demon vs Bray in drag about 18 months ago.
    Don't rate Wyatt at all so I'm not a huge believer in the funhouse thing especially when he moves on from the pre-taped vignettes.

Advertisement