Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish summer breaks with two toddlers.

• 09-05-2019 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hello all, I'm just wondering where are good options for hotels or breaks away in Ireland for the summer.

We have stayed in banna beach holiday resort a few times and its great but I'm just wondering what other places are there like banna that have plenty for the kids to do.

Im thinking plenty to do for toddlers and maybe a bit of evening entertainment or something.

Trablolgan in Cork and banna beach holiday resort in Tralee are the ones I know about.

Our toddlers are 1 and 2 and a half.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Hello all, I'm just wondering where are good options for hotels or breaks away in Ireland for the summer.

We have stayed in banna beach holiday resort a few times and its great but I'm just wondering what other places are there like banna that have plenty for the kids to do.

Im thinking plenty to do for toddlers and maybe a bit of evening entertainment or something.

Trablolgan in Cork and banna beach holiday resort in Tralee are the ones I know about.

Our toddlers are 1 and 2 and a half.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Quality hotel in Youghal. It's not fancy but is designed for family holidays

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Clonakilty Park Hotel.
    Fota park, rent houses or apartments.
    House rental anywhere near a beach I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

shesty wrote: »
    Clonakilty Park Hotel.
    Fota park, rent houses or apartments.
    House rental anywhere near a beach I'd say.

Would second clonakilty, but i think it books up very early. Probably a bit better for older kids in terms of activity (kids club etc), but a great set up.
    I’ve never stayed, but one of the hotels in Gorey in Wexford is meant to be great for families. Might be the amber springs, i can’t remember. There’s another in Ross Lare. Sorry for my vagueness!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Kelly's in Rosslare. Pricey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭GIMP

Quality hotel in Youghal. It's not fancy but is designed for family holidays

Second this, have stayed here a few times, located right on the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

shesty wrote: »
    Kelly's in Rosslare. Pricey though.

It is pricey but seconding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

We've booked a holiday home in rosslare for a week through Trident holiday homes. Think about €750 for a week in mid July (Saturday to Saturday) for a 3 bed house. 5 minute walk to the beach, 10 minutes walk to Rosslare town centre. We did book it in January though so availability / prices may be a bit sparse at this stage. Our two will be almost one and almost 2 and a half.

Have a look at the newpark hotel in Kilkenny too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

I would second the Quality Hotel in Youghal. Have also heard good things about the Amber Springs in Wexford. Both are often on Pigsback with special offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭bladespin

Midleton Park in Cork, nice hotel, they do family packages that include passes for fota etc, Cork is great for kids; tons to do.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Thanks for all your help.
    I'm in Cork so I was thinking of places outside of Cork.
    I have stayed in the clonakilty and youghal hotels and they are great for kids.
    I tried kellys I think but it's booked up for the summer with only a few days the start of July available.

I would second the Quality Hotel in Youghal. Have also heard good things about the Amber Springs in Wexford. Both are often on Pigsback with special offers.

Thanks I'll try the Amber springs.

I had suggested the newpark in Kilkenny because I’d heard it was great, but i was there myself the other day for a family event, and they have an amazing set up outside for smallies. Sandpit, petting zoo, playground etc. Go karts for older kids! And it’s really well fenced off too, so super safe.

jlm29 wrote: »
    I had suggested the newpark in Kilkenny because I’d heard it was great, but i was there myself the other day for a family event, and they have an amazing set up outside for smallies. Sandpit, petting zoo, playground etc. Go karts for older kids! And it’s really well fenced off too, so super safe.

Ok I'm going to book new park so thanks very much.
    Sounds absolutely perfect and it's somewhere different , thanks.

Ok I'm going to book new park so thanks very much.
    Sounds absolutely perfect and it's somewhere different , thanks.

Oh great! I don’t know what the pool situation is. Just occurred to me, a pool might be important to you, I didn’t notice if there was one or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I heard amazing things anout the Newpark Hotel.
    Another one that is meant to be really good is the Dingle Skellig in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rebecc29

Fota Park is great for the whole family!

Advertisement