Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couples holiday suggestions

Options
  • 09-05-2019 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,
    My boyfriend and I are looking for somewhere to to go on holiday together in August. We are looking for somewhere hot and sunny, close to the beach with lots of nice restaurants and bars. We don't want somewhere mad full of nightclubs for kids on leaving cert holidays (we're 23!), but somewhere with late (irish!) bars, live music/shows, etc.
    The ideal place would be an apartment/hotel with a pool, close to the beach and the strip with a lively atmosphere but not full of drunk teenagers lol. We'd like somewhere that's relaxed but where we could also go on a good night out if we felt like it ;D
    Think places like Salou, Albufeira..? Any place like that you've been on a couple's holiday and really enjoyed! All suggestions are welcome as we are strugging to find somehwere that suits us.
    Any hotel, apartment, cities, towns, destination suggestions are welcome. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Think you've just described Puerto del Carmen Lanzarote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Stratvs wrote: »

Me and my boyfriend are in our early 20s.

Puerto del carmen felt a bit too old for us, there wasnt anything really there for people in their 20s i felt.

Love Calpe, Malaga,

Calpe wouldn't be mad at all much more of a family, couple, holiday, nice Spanish feel to the place.

Only 2 and a half hour flight to Alicante airport and about 50 min bus ride to Calpe or train.

Still lively enough to enjoy yourself in one of the many cocktail bars on the unspoiled strip.

Myself and partner are going in 2 weeks, then off to Ibiza for a bit of madness! Flight for €20 from Alicante airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Vila Vita Parc, Armacao de Pera
    Right on the beach
    Top class hotel and 10 min walk into the town with loads of decent restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Barcelona or Lisbon would be good options.

Or San Sebastián in Spain is a great location

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I went to Malta with my OH last september. Loved it, it isn't as cheap as the canaries and there are limited beaches but there was loads to do apart from going on the piss. We booked a day cruise on a traditional boat to the blue lagoon on Comino island. Was a great experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Stratvs wrote:

Exactly. American Indian Cafe, Electric Island and O'Reillys for live music. Ruta 66 for people watching and a bop and also Cafe La Ola.

Loads of trips to do as well.

As can be seen I ♥ Lanzarote.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Troija, Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Whatever about the location but my first suggestion is never to go on holiday in August if you don't have to.

Half of the continent is on holidays with their kids and it's the most expensive time of the year.

If you wait a few weeks and go in September when the kids are back in school/college and adults are back in work, it's much cheaper and the weather is still good.

Now, onto the location. If you do go in September then your fears of leaving cert holidays will mostly be gone and it opens up.

There are a few places more suited to older people like Puerto del Carmen but they may be too old. Do you fancy still going out on the lash where there's craic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

What about Eastern Europe? There are so many nice countries. I ust returned from my trip to Ukraine. It was great journey, I rented apartments in kiev at affordable price for a few days and explored all local destinations. Also I visited Chernobyl in this trip, it was so exciting and terrific trip at the same time. Definitely worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

A left field suggestion. We did the Dominican Republic last summer in an all inclusive resort. It seems expensive on paper but I did the maths and works out much the same as an equivalent Lanzarote holiday when spending money is taken into account. Booking through a travel agent was actually cheaper than DIY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭omeara1113

hi we went to Sardinia for a wedding a few years ago really liked it sounds like what your looking for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Cascais. Just about 30 mins from Lisbon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Palma Nova in Majorca. Quite enough with the madness of Magaluf and Santa Ponsa close by.

Advertisement