Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Lynch

Options
  • 09-05-2019 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭

Posted on behalf of Drogheda Wheelers.

It is with great sadness that Drogheda Wheelers Cycling Club announce the untimely death of its member, Sean Lynch following a tragic accident. The club would like to take this opportunity to thank all the medical staff who cared for Sean following the accident and expresses its gratitude to Wexford Wheelers Cycling Club for its support during this difficult time. Drogheda Wheelers would like to extend its sincere sympathies to the Lynch Family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

479840.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RIP Sean.

A very upsetting tragedy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

RIP. thoughts are with family and clubmates. a terrible loss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

RIP.

Such sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

RIP Sean. Thanks for all the chats, kudos and great racing.

Sincere sympathies to the Lynch Family, Clubmates and Friends on behalf of everyone in STCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Political Wall Map

Very sad. A very bouyant lad! Full of laughs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Terrible news. RIP Sean and condolences to his family and friends

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Raced against him a few times, loved his style of attack, attack, attack. A man who loved racing with a passion. I didn't know him outside of racing but the few interactions I had with him, he was simply a genuinely nice guy, not sure he knew how not to be a nice guy. Always had a smile and a hello, even if he barely knew you. A loss to Irish Cycling but more sadly a loss to his family and friends, Suaimhneas sanam.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

RIP Sean, thoughts are with his family and friends. Very tragic and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

condolences to his family and his club mates . A very very sad time for any body who knew the lad .
    Personally , I didn't know the chap but my son and a few of my club mates spoke fondly of him . Their is a terrible sense of sadness down here in the cycling community and it doesn't bare thinking about what those close to him must be going through .
    may he R.I.P

be careful out there folks

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭timbel

Shocking news.
    Always had a smile and a chat for you.
    RIP Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

He always animated any race he was in, a really friendly passionate guy who always had a smile on his face. I didn’t know him well but he’d always be up for a chat in the bunch or in the car park. My thoughts are with his family and his clubmates. RIP Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Deeply Saddening,
    RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Condolences to family and friends.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭ratracer

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

Very sad news, Ride in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Going to really miss this guy at race days, i was never as happy for anyone to get their upgrade as i was for Sean, no person deserved it more.
    RIP Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Truly awful tragedy, may he rest in peace and prayers for those he left behind, a hard cross to bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

Awful news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Fantastic guy and a very sad loss to his family and community

Dunshaughlin CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

RIP Sean.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

So, so, so, so sad. Met him at a couple of races, always so friendly and smiley, always had some chat.
    My heart breaks for his partner, family, friends and clubmates.
    Such an unimaginable loss.

Sincere condolences to all, may he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

RIP Sean.

What a friendly guy with a huge passion for cycling. Thoughts with his family and very many friends.

It was a pleasure to have briefly met you and to have raced with you.

Lovely photo of the man in the OP. R.I.P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

RIP Sean

Thoughts and prayers with Sean’s family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

RIP

Unbelievably sad situation

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

We had followed each other on Strava for the past few years and I was aware of an accident but didn't make the connection until tonight when I was approached in my 'local' about it. Shocked to say the least. RIP Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

RIP
    A terrible, tragic loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Terribly sad! RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

RIP Sean

Condolences to those close to him. Such heart breaking news, by all accounts a top bloke with a love for life and who made positive impacts on those he met

Advertisement