Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 10/5/2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Crooked fake news RTE, Peter Casey should use it as part of his campaign.

Mad as a box of frogs, that lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Tubridy: "And you were screaming his name?" who calls their parents by their first name. :rolleyes:

You do if you're a giraffe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Mad as a box of frogs, that lad.

Which is exactly why you send him to Europe :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Feel very sorry for the family. They obviously really loved their father.

This is Marion Funucane show from last Saturday all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

She is the better talker of the two of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

How many more of his questions will begin “how did you feel?”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This is Marion Funucane show from last Saturday all over again.

I think he'd have loved to got the first interview with them last week, I bet he was cursing the country music special!

M

I guess we won't see who won the prize tonight, it will be crooked as to who won.

Tubridy: "And you were screaming his name?" who calls their parents by their first name. :rolleyes:

I call my father by my first name.

• Advertisement
    M

Feel very sorry for the family. They obviously really loved their father.

Worst is unless the killer tells them what he did they will never know. As far as I know he has launched an appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Fresh?

Fresh?

Tom, ever since I was a child. I never called him dad or daddy or da or whatever.
    I might stretch to Dad in a fathers day card.
    Mother was always called mam.

Fresh?

Pop!

Worst is unless the killer tells them what he did they will never know. As far as I know he has launched an appeal.

It's been reported that he will appeal.
    He should do the decent thing and confess - it could go in his favour in 20 years time in terms of being considered for released on licence- otherwise he should be kept in jail the rest of his life if he doesn't confess and explain everything now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

An oul blast of Sean South from Garryowen would be a nice memory for him but RTE would never have it. A bit like Martin Brennan on Alan Partridge.

Not CARK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Continued happiness......come on Ryan!

Not Cark!

• Advertisement

Tears at last.

Ooooohhhhhh, she's delighted with her prize :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Not Sonny!

M

It's been reported that he will appeal.
    He should do the decent thing and confess - it could go in his favour in 20 years time in terms of being considered for released on licence- otherwise he should be kept in jail the rest of his life if he doesn't confess and explain everything now.

Only for his Googling he would have walked I'd say, nothing else to convict him on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

Was I the only one that got stroked into watching all that drivel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Continued happiness......come on Ryan!

Yeah. Such a ridiculous comment

He’s some tool is Tubs

• Advertisement

I think I need counselling after that show- so much misery packed into 2 hours.

Nite all take care :)

Ten Pin wrote: »
    And even at the end, he says "thanks again" as if it were live...total eejit

That's called professionalism :rolleyes:

Only for his Googling he would have walked I'd say, nothing else to convict him on.

Beware your googulling! I only hope the guards never get hold of my search history!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,741 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He sounds like an ordinary decent, not without his faults Dad, loved and missed by his children as ordinary decent, not without their faults Dads are missed everywhere. Fair play to his children for that. Well worth part of my licence fee and fook the begrudgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

To think some solicitor or barrister is going to take on the appeal and put his family through the whole thing again.

It really is a toxic profession.

• Advertisement

Yes, the reason he provided for that didn't add up as his son was still alive at the time. I do wonder though what an appeals court will make of the trial and the verdict considering the level of circumstantial evidence- I hope there's good law and procedure to guide the judges accordingly when considering the appeal arguments and that they'll be able to dismiss them all.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    How many more of his questions will begin “how did you feel?”

I'd rather there was more about the timeline and forensics of the case than just going for the misery jugular vein.

Beware your googulling! I only hope the guards never get hold of my search history!

"1001 things to do with a ban hammer" :D

All ready for bed with mammy!
    59925528_2300537706935504_5873878509021036544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=be0c03c05a3c0e151170e0268f6a8b37&oe=5D5667BE

M

Yes, the reason he provided for that didn't add up as his son was still alive at the time. I do wonder though what an appeals court will make of the trial and the verdict considering the level of circumstantial evidence- I hope there's good law and procedure to guide the judges accordingly when considering the appeal arguments and that they'll be able to dismiss them all.

The odd thing about the case is I recall zero mention of any mobile phone mast records, I'd imagine that would have put so many people in so many places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"What's Ryan tubridy's address?"

"tips on worst torture methods"

The odd thing about the case is I recall zero mention of any mobile phone mast records, I'd imagine that would have put so many people in so many places.

Yes.
    I was surprised there wasn't more about mobile phone masts as well.
    All that was mentioned was Ryan's phone last pinged off a mast at X time.

However wasn't there something about how the Gardai were able to use Graham Dwyer's phone and data protection or something. Quirke and researched the Rachel O'Reilly case so he would have known about phone's!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Maybe not after the Joe O'Reilly case (2007). There had been searches made on this case (along with other cases) on Patrick Quirkes computer.

I think he'd have loved to got the first interview with them last week, I bet he was cursing the country music special!

A post I made in the Liveline thread the day of the verdict.

"Condolences to Bobby's family"

I'm sure they're delighted with that, Joe.

Pity the verdict didn't come in tomorrow. They'd have had to cancel the LLS C&W special.

I did too.

My older children call me Joe/Dad 80/20 %of the time. The younger lad would be 20/80%.

M

Yes.
    I was surprised there wasn't more about mobile phone masts as well.
    All that was mentioned was Ryan's phone last pinged off a mast at X time.

However wasn't there something about how the Gardai were able to use Graham Dwyer's phone and data protection or something. Quirke and researched the Rachel O'Reilly case so he would have known about phone's!
    Maybe not after the Joe O'Reilly case (2007). There had been searches made on this case (along with other cases) on Patrick Quirkes computer.

The Joe O'Reilly case was more about the time the phone companies kept the records for they were outside the time they should have been kept, in his case he was missing 22 months but looks like 12 months is recommended period to keep records for so yes phone data could have been discarded in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭boardise

I think I need counselling after that show- so much misery packed into 2 hours.

Nite all take care :)

Thanks but I'd rather take Cashel. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The moonlight family interview was classic late late show. Lovely people and they've handled their situation admirably. The rest not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The moonlight family interview was classic late late show. Lovely people and they've handled their situation admirably. The rest not so much.

only watched it now. Very admirable alright. Michelle in particular spoke really well and gave a lovely description of her relationship with her Dad.

Decent and genuine people who deserve better than the insincere, misery-obsessed Late Late, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Skid X wrote: »
    Ah, to be fair I don't watch it every week

I was on a night out a few weeks ago on a Friday.

It made a nice change.

We went to the Late Late and were in the audience.
    Wait, what?

Which one?
    Lisha wrote: »
    Excellent! Any good prizes?

I have to apologise here, that was meant as a joke.

I wasn't in the LLS audience recently :o

Sorry about that.

I have been a few times in the past. Got some Lidl vouchers and a hotel break (one night!)

Tubs says the worst audience prize they have given out was a hamper of bottled water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    I have to apologise here, that was meant as a joke.

I wasn't in the LLS audience recently :o

Sorry about that.

I have been a few times in the past. Got some Lidl vouchers and a hotel break (one night!)

Tubs says the worst audience prize they have given out was a hamper of bottled water.

"And how did you feel when you got that prize, after all you had to sit through?"

"And how did you feel when you got that prize, after all you had to sit through?"

Well Donie, after they announce they prize they hit you with the misery section.

That's when you see people around you planning a breakout at the final ad break. The eternal dilemma of whether you wait to claim your freebies or cut and run.

Also, that's why they don't always show shots of the audience after the final ad break. The empty seats are not a good look.

But yeah, like Rihanna I took an oath Imma stick it out to the end. A bit like going to Lough Derg, you know? You have to see these things through.

I once had the dubious privilege of being in Late Late audience (Tubridy time) and was on a bit of a diet. Prize was a big Butlers chocolates hamper. Nearly cried as most of family aren’t into chocolate.

M

I once had the dubious privilege of being in Late Late audience (Tubridy time) and was on a bit of a diet. Prize was a big Butlers chocolates hamper. Nearly cried as most of family aren’t into chocolate.

What's the setup on the night, do you have to arrive at x time? Is there a pool of people who arrive at RTE and some don't get to be part of the audience on the night? Any grub or booze before, during or after the show? Do RTE organise transport or do you turn up in your car?

What's the setup on the night, do you have to arrive at x time? Is there a pool of people who arrive at RTE and some don't get to be part of the audience on the night? Any grub or booze before, during or after the show? Do RTE organise transport or do you turn up in your car?

They don't organise transport for you. You drive in and Bogdan waves you in (not sure if Bogdan is still on the gate)

You get some very cheap free wine or water

Roll up about 8-ish I think

If you have a full ticket - guaranteed audience seat

If you have a Standby ticket - chance you might not get in. Mary tells you at 9pm if you made the cut, depends on how many turn up (Bit like the X Factor) If you don't get in you get the audience prize and get guaranteed tickets for a few weeks later

You get marched in about 9.10pm (after being warned to go to the toilet)

Warm up man does his thing, can be quite funny (The Saturday Night Show warmup guy used to be very funny ... I always enjoyed going to that)

Then Tubs comes on, nice man in real life

Then the misery begins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

You have to feel sorry for the warm up guy. All his good work flushed down the toilet in seconds.

Advertisement