Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Recon Breakpoint (wildlands 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Beta back this weekend with a uh ummm trailer of sorts.

Its definitley a trailer, I think :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Open beta starts tomorrow. File is around 36gb on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

beta time delayed, ball is in UBIs court now to tell us when it starts

Yeah im gonna buy this, the "rpg" stuff is not even a thing, its a number to keep you playing after the story ends with harder and harder enemies(drones) and a headshot is still a head shot. And missions, they need to mix up the faction missions which I guess they are doing by public vote (F9 to like)

From what I can see the end game is not going to be hardcore no hud type stuff but soldier placement and damage output, kinda on the fence about that but it is a robot tank you are killing so.......

CQB still sucks, they need an FOV or of button switch for FPS when you have to go CQB. in fairness thats the 3rd person problem every game has but it would be a nice option for 1st person.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a bit of this lastnight and i doubt ill be buying, it just feels meh to play.

I tend to agree with this vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

I hope the demo (beta) build is a atleast a few months old. Game releases in 6 days and i ran into so many bugs.

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Was really looking forward to this game as I enjoyed Wildlands. Not so much now since the MTX system has been exposed. P2W.

You can get the HTI .50cal almost immediateley in the full game, not sure what else you need in this game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hqdefault.jpg

Beta was **** seems full game is a joke.

• Advertisement

Bastards moved the HTI behind a level 150 Drone, so the TAC 50 is easy to get within minutes of starting.

Not sure why anyone would need to buy perk points or skell credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Avoiding this like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Was really looking forward to this game as I enjoyed Wildlands. Not so much now since the MTX system has been exposed. P2W.

Dcully wrote: »
    Beta was **** seems full game is a joke.

Two videos from people who haven't played the game. One is a clickbait Youtuber that just pukes out garbage. And the other guy while he seems to make considered content his video is still clickbait as the feedback is based on the beta not the game.

Not saying it is going to be good or bad, but don't go on the opinion of people who make money from these clickbait videos.

Joker has played the game.
    Trust me im the first to not go by a content creators opinion, im a firm believer in experiencing games for myself.
    I played the beta for 6 hours and it sucked, and i loved wildlands as did the joker guy.
    Hes never struck me as having clickbait videos then again its probably subjective.

Spent 6 hours on it last night. It's great fun.

Was just exploring, if you turn off the navigation you have to follow directions, study the map, find intel, talk to people to figure out what to do.

One example is you meet a guy he says there is a weird noise coming from the x mountains near the Y water fall that is bringing drones around.

You have to find that rough location on the map. Go there, look around find a cave with a weird noise. Head in kill some bad guys, find some intel that explains why the drones are drawn to the noise. Then later you find more intel that tracks the pathing the drones are on. That lets you find the antenna and blow it up.

So much better than drive towards a marker and shoot things.

Weapons and gear are found in crates and on dead bodies and in certain bases around the map. Worse weapons can be broken down and used to increase stats.

There is a lot to earn and unlock. And then there is a great skill system.

Ill grab uplay+ to try it out , few friends started playing too.
    Some of the transactions are hilarious, buy a way to bypass the whole point of the progression system, some people would buy anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Every single game ever..

Survival mechanics = a water meter

This looks like evrything i hate about most Ubi games. And some of the most brzen MTs ever to boot.

I haven't seen any mtx yet. But I'm playing single player. Will play co-op when others get it.

Prob won't go near the multiplayer but since nothing you buy makes a difference in pvp i really dont care if people buy fancy clothes.

Only gripe now after about 20 hours is that stealth is an option for a little bit but you are going to have a very noisy fire fight.

Any of the larger factories you are not going to clear it with stealth alone. The LMG and shotguns are options now because of the above.

A decent squad could stealth somewhere but you have to very fast and accurate and work together.

In Single play you stealth your way to a position you can defend from, you can sneak in get what you want and run but if you want to clear the area, be prepared to take the silencer off:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Loved Wildlands, can't grow to this at all, it feels a little pointless

• Advertisement

Played some this morning, need to give it a bit more time but so far its not doing it for me.
    Ai really are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I loved wildlands and was looking forward to this coming out after seeing the trailer but the majority of reviews are ripping into it big time. Will take a pass on it for the moment but hopeful it's improves.

I loved wildlands and was looking forward to this coming out after seeing the trailer but the majority of reviews are ripping into it big time. Will take a pass on it for the moment but hopeful it's improves.

Most reviewers also hated Wildlands. Made all the same complaints about it being boring, buggy AI, grindy. I didn't care as I had a blast with my mates and loved the open world and freedom to explore.

This is the exact same.

The thing is reviewers don't play these types of games like players do. Look at Days Gone, that got panned. And that is one of the best games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Most reviewers also hated Wildlands. Made all the same complaints about it being boring, buggy AI, grindy. I didn't care as I had a blast with my mates and loved the open world and freedom to explore.

This is the exact same.

The thing is reviewers don't play these types of games like players do. Look at Days Gone, that got panned. And that is one of the best games this year.

That seems to be your fallback position whenever a game gets panned that you like, you seem to put it on the reviewers playing a game a different way to the players. Not saying you're wrong, I just think we need to be open to the fact that Ubi look to have really ****ed this one.

Plenty of people I know who enjoyed the first one have warned me away from this. Tacked on systems that add nothing to the game, and a technical mess seem to be the biggest complaints I'm seeing from both reviewers and the general player base alike. In fact user reviews on metacritic are down around 2.5 percent on metacritic last I checked, way below the 5.7 critic average it's got. Using your Days Gone comparison, it's sitting at around an average of 8 for user reviews, with critics around a 7, so I don't think it's really comparable; and by nearly all accounts it looks like Ubi really ballsed this up.

goon_magee wrote: »
    That seems to be your fallback position whenever a game gets panned that you like, you seem to put it on the reviewers playing a game a different way to the players. Not saying you're wrong, I just think we need to be open to the fact that Ubi look to have really ****ed this one.

Plenty of people I know who enjoyed the first one have warned me away from this. Tacked on systems that add nothing to the game, and a technical mess seem to be the biggest complaints I'm seeing from both reviewers and the general player base alike. In fact user reviews on metacritic are down around 2.5 percent on metacritic last I checked, way below the 5.7 critic average it's got. Using your Days Gone comparison, it's sitting at around an average of 8 for user reviews, with critics around a 7, so I don't think it's really comparable; and by nearly all accounts it looks like Ubi really ballsed this up.

Days gone at launch was getting 4s/5s. I said then that that score will come up as people really play it. And it did. The user score was 8 and the reviews came up to 7.

Here is the Destructiod review of Wildlands "Wildlands is a bad fu.king game -- it completely fails at everything it aspires to be. It's a bad co-op game, it's a bad shooter, it's a bad open-world game, and the writing is terrible. At best, the game is boring. At worst, it's frustrating. I suppose the visuals are worthy of some praise, but you can just look at screenshots for free. I cannot recommend Ghost Recon Wildlands to anyone, unless you're directly related to someone on the development team. If that is the case, by all means, support your family! Everyone else: stay away."

Does that really sound like the Wildlands you played?

So i played some more yesterday,about 5 hours in total and i was bored stupid.
    Ive cancelled my uplay+ already.

Days gone at launch was getting 4s/5s. I said then that that score will come up as people really play it. And it did. The user score was 8 and the reviews came up to 7.

Here is the Destructiod review of Wildlands "Wildlands is a bad fu.king game -- it completely fails at everything it aspires to be. It's a bad co-op game, it's a bad shooter, it's a bad open-world game, and the writing is terrible. At best, the game is boring. At worst, it's frustrating. I suppose the visuals are worthy of some praise, but you can just look at screenshots for free. I cannot recommend Ghost Recon Wildlands to anyone, unless you're directly related to someone on the development team. If that is the case, by all means, support your family! Everyone else: stay away."

Does that really sound like the Wildlands you played?

The Destructoid review of Wildlands is irrelevant to the point I'm making. You were originally implying that the low scores are due to the difference in play styles between critics and the average gamer, whereas the average gamer, even those who enjoyed Wildlands are largely negative towards this.

If the user reviews and general player base were positive towards breakpoint, then your point would hold more weight. And to bring it back to Days Gone, user reviews were pretty much positive from the get go. We are a week out from Breakpoint's early access launch and user scores are showing no signs of increasing.

Dcully wrote: »
    So i played some more yesterday,about 5 hours in total and i was bored stupid.
    Ive cancelled my uplay+ already.

Were you a fan of Wildlands? I've seen a lot of people who were fans of Wildlands drop off this already which I wasn't expecting.

Yeah i enjoyed wildlands quite a bit.

• Advertisement

Tried a wolves (200+) camp last night with 3 of us going loud from the start with LMGs, its a different game that way.

Did it but took some casualties :D

Reckon we get a few more days out of it and thats that.

Advertisement