Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Recon Breakpoint (wildlands 2)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Called into a friend this evening who is playing this. All I can say is this seems a game seriously suffering from a huge identity crisis.

Systems for the sake of systems. The loot system in particular seems particularly unnecessary, especially when it seems like you can take out most enemies with a headshot anyway.

Survival mechanics also seem completely ridiculous. Why are they even there? They really don't seem prominent enough to make a significant impact, but simultaneously annoying enough to detract from the experience.

The biggest issue I have is that sync shots (if playing solo) are now tied to a consumable....One of the best features of the previous game and necessary for solo players has been completely hamstrung. Just bizarre.

It just felt a huge step back in almost every department, and if I was looking at this game with know knowledge of the series, I would genuinely assume that this came before Wildlands such is the dip in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

goon_magee wrote: »
    Called into a friend this evening who is playing this. All I can say is this seems a game seriously suffering from a huge identity crisis.

I agree with that, it doesnt seem to know what it is. More a stew of things that work in other games.

Ghost Recon Mountain Goat Edition!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

dreamers75 wrote: »

Ghost Recon Mountain Goat Edition!

Untitled Goose Recon .

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Reading an interview with the Devs on the official website, and they were discussing the gear score system. It sounds as though a gear score 1 weapon is just as effective against the enemies as a gear score 100 weapon. Are the numbers really that meaningless or am I missing something?

Does armour work the same way? As in you aren't getting increased damage mitigation with higher gears score pieces?

Asking questions as I'm still interested in getting this at some point, but the arbitrary nature of some of the systems has me baffled.

The numbers are pointless, the ony boosts are the bonus attributes that come with the weapons (a tier 4 one may have 3 ) + 10% Drones +30 Range etc +10% reload <<< god roll on the Tac 50.

All other numbers are meaningless, the higher number you are the better chance of a tier 4 weapon are drop, but in any game that would be the case late on anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

goon_magee wrote: »
    Reading an interview with the Devs on the official website, and they were discussing the gear score system. It sounds as though a gear score 1 weapon is just as effective against the enemies as a gear score 100 weapon. Are the numbers really that meaningless or am I missing something?

Does armour work the same way? As in you aren't getting increased damage mitigation with higher gears score pieces?

Asking questions as I'm still interested in getting this at some point, but the arbitrary nature of some of the systems has me baffled.

It might be the pvp system. They didn't want weapon and gear level to get in the way of skill and tactics. So they were levelled.

The armour perks are not to health directly but to "resistance" 4% explosion resistance 10% maximum ammo 30 Technique cooldown etc:

A full metal helmet offers no more protection than a beanie and most of the time the beanie has better perks :confused:

Slogged tru the last few missions just to be done with it.

The actual best way to play this game is like this

https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon/comments/djlk2i/unending_badassery_commando_edition/

Which is the opposite of wildlands stealth but a bit fun but eventually you will get bored, so many icons so little to do thats actually fun. Its best played in loud with coop buddies, recomend 4 players with LMGS and 200 round mags and just walk in the front entrance.

Would pay €20 for it to get a few hours of coop out of it.

I recently replayed it too with the new CTI mode and its a hell of a lot better than 2019, the new mode is far better than the original story (completed both)

Advertisement