Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid range pots and pans (recommendation)

Options
  • 09-05-2019 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭

Not a huge budget, but can spend between €200 - 250 on a couple of pans and a few pots with lids.

Looking for recommendations on cookware that’s lasted, ie handles not coming loose, bottom of pans not warping to create dome.

Any experience would be great, whether it’s ikea/aldi /Tesco or others, something in this price ranging that won’t fall apart

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Stellar are a good make. I recently had to replace all mine as I got an induction hob.

If you have one near you Arnotts have some good deals on sets, and you should be able to get a decent set within your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 edison

Have a look on biamaith.ie shop, he claims his pots are as good a you'll get anywhere, lids are bought separately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Alun wrote: »
    Stellar are a good make. I recently had to replace all mine as I got an induction hob.

If you have one near you Arnotts have some good deals on sets, and you should be able to get a decent set within your budget.

Thanks will check it out and look at arnotts site

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Judge are a good brand. Got a set as a wedding present quite a number of years ago. They've taken some punishment over the years & are in great nick still.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

another vote for stellar here. Think its a lifetime warranty on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

another vote for stellar here. Think its a lifetime warranty on them.

Cool, was looking on arnotts site there, stellar and Meyer seem prominent and a few deals. May look at both brands

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

I got a set of 3 stellar pots on the arnotts site a few weeks back for around €100. Delighted with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’ve got a few Circulon pots and I find them quite good. The Jamie Oliver range isn’t bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've been building up Brabantia via Homesense, got a few minorly dented lids or end of design life ones and I'm happy with all of them

The chances of finding everything you want in one go is nil and forget about matching either

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We have a set of Circulon pots that I would definitely recommend. We got them in Brown Thomas during a sale with 50% off. It's probably not the first place you'd think of with a limited budget, but there's great value to be had there during their sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Zaph wrote: »
    We have a set of Circulon pots that I would definitely recommend. We got them in Brown Thomas during a sale with 50% off. It's probably not the first place you'd think of with a limited budget, but there's great value to be had there during their sales.

+ 1 on this, bought a set of 5 Meyer pots in BT's over 25 years ago in a sale. Still going strong.
    Only one casualty about 5 years ago when one of the glass lids literally exploded. Brought it into BT, and they ordered a replacement free of charge.

Advertisement