Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless debit card

Options
  • 10-05-2019 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have just been issued a new debit card, as my old one will expire in a few months. I was expecting the new one to be contactless. I just assumed that all new cards would be. Do I have to specifically request a contactless card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yes.

You'll also pay 8 euro for the privilege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

gojoholo wrote: »
    I have just been issued a new debit card, as my old one will expire in a few months. I was expecting the new one to be contactless. I just assumed that all new cards would be. Do I have to specifically request a contactless card?

Hi gojoholo,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

If your old card was chip and pin only then a replacement would be issued this way. However, you can request a contactless card free of charge. Just login into your 365 online account, go to manage accounts, service desk and ‘ask a question’ Here just state that you would like a contactless Visa Debit card and we will arrange to have this posted out to you.

Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gojoholo

Hi gojoholo,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

If your old card was chip and pin only then a replacement would be issued this way. However, you can request a contactless card free of charge. Just login into your 365 online account, go to manage accounts, service desk and ‘ask a question’ Here just state that you would like a contactless Visa Debit card and we will arrange to have this posted out to you.

Thanks

John
    So there is no charge for changing to contactless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

So there is no charge for changing to contactless?

Hi gojoholo,

That is correct - there will be no charge for this.

Thanks.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That is correct - there will be no charge for this.

Is this new John? I was charged for one when I got my renewed card last year. It also wasn't contactless so I requested one but was charged 8 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi RossieMan,

We'd like to look into this for you as there has never been a charge for renewal cards. Up until last year there was an €8 charge to replace a lost or damaged card but cards that have reached the expiry date have always been renewed free of charge. If you could please send us a private message using the link here with your full name and the branch you hold your account with, we'll have this looked into.

Thanks
    Tara 

Advertisement