If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice and quote - Home Cinema

Options
  • 10-05-2019 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Existing setup:
    Epson projector with HDMI input
    Apple TV
    Gaming Console (hdmi)
    PC (HDMI)
    Sat (HDMI)

I'm looking to get advice and quote on 2 setups:
    1. 65' OLED TV - I don't have preference if its LG, Panasonic or Sony as long as it has smart tv functions and its not overly expensive.
    - 5 year warranty 
    2. Sound system for cinema like experience 
    - 5.1 system 
    - White speakers (hanging - preferably small enough), sub - any colour
    - HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs (for Projector and TV) 
    - No need for any smart, wi-fi functions 

Regards

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

trompele wrote: »
    Existing setup:
    Epson projector with HDMI input
    Apple TV
    Gaming Console (hdmi)
    PC (HDMI)
    Sat (HDMI)

I'm looking to get advice and quote on 2 setups:
    1. 65' OLED TV - I don't have preference if its LG, Panasonic or Sony as long as it has smart tv functions and its not overly expensive.
    - 5 year warranty 
    2. Sound system for cinema like experience 
    - 5.1 system 
    - White speakers (hanging - preferably small enough), sub - any colour
    - HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs (for Projector and TV) 
    - No need for any smart, wi-fi functions 

Regards
    Hi trompele,

Thanks for the post!

If you're looking for a competitvely priced OLED TV which still has a great panel and functionality I would recommend the LG OLED65B8. It currently retails at £1739 but I have a voucher code running for a limited time which brings it down to £1539. The TV also comes with a 6 year guarantee:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203507-lg-oled65b8s-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

For a 5.1 system I would recommend the Sony STRDN1080 with the new Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 system. The Sony amp is incredible with 6 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs as well as Dobly Atmos built in as well. It was a What HiFi award winner last year for best amp in it's class and there aren;t many that touch it in terms of sound quality:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202643-sony-strdn1080-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

The Monitor Audio Mass system is the upgraded model which has just been released. They are more discreet than the older speakers but sound much larger than they look. They are stunning speakers and now come in white/grey:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203920-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-mist-white-inc-6-year-g-tee-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Together the amp and speakers retail at £1028 but I can do a bundle for £899.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Thanks David,

Are there any options for wall mount on these speakers? 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

trompele wrote: »
    Thanks David,

Are there any options for wall mount on these speakers? 
    Hi trompele,

You can get specific mounts for these speakers, the MASM brackets. They retail at £17.50 each but I can work out a boardie price for you if you wanted to go with that system.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.