Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downsizing to one car, lose no claims in future?

Options
  • 10-05-2019 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,
    We're planning on downsizing from two cars to one car for financial/biking/idle car/common sense reasons.
    Currently we're each on a Liberty policy, each as the main insured on our respective cars and as named driver on the other.

If I get rid of my car, I'll be named driver on my OH's car.
    If we ever decide to get a second car again, would I be punished for losing my 10 years no claims, or would the named driver count, but to a lesser amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You can rotate each year between you and your partner as the policyholder and hang on to both NCDs. Neitherof you will ever be more than a year without a policy so both of your NCDs will be preserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

As above. My husband and I swap insurance on our car every year. From dealing with our broker it seems relatively common.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Thats a good idea.

Advertisement