Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zara - won't give me my money back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

They don't have to give you your money back. You simply changed your mind.

Bolloçks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

T-Maxx wrote: »
    How would this work in the real world? Sure everybody would just do it all the time.

CC companies will only do chargebacks when you provide proof you have not received goods or services and can show them the communication you made with the company to resolve the issue.

I dont think they would get involved for this tbh as the good were received initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Misread the OP, well if you have proof of tracking then Zara have to honour their refund policy.

Cant understand why they wouldnt in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Also OP I would refuse to engage any further about the location of the package or the form. Neither are relevant.
    Make it clear that you don't consider the current location of the package to be your problem, you have provided your proof of tracked postage & a screenshot stating "delivered".
    This is sufficient info to authorise a refund and if they are unwilling to do same you will be filing a claim against them in the small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Thanks for your posts SusieBlue. Will definitely mention the small claims court, I would go ahead with ot, if it comes to that, why should they get to keep my money after I gave back the item 😀

I asked to deal with a manger in customer service, as things weren't obviously getting anywhere. Suppose to get a call in the next 24 to 48hrs....l wont be holding my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Tell zara that you will do a chargeback. I did this online with my bank. Check your banks website. You will have to upload your proof that it was returned, their confirmation is more than enough.
    You bought this online, there is a cooloff period for online purchases within EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wonder what the law says about such demands like printing stuff out? I doubt they can. To go to the ridiculous extreme if can legally insist on you printing stuff out could they ask you to carve it into stone?!

I know several people with no access to a printer, nor would they want to go to the expense of it.

This site has a sample cancellation form
    https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/your-rights-online/#Changeofmind
    T-Maxx wrote: »
    How would this work in the real world? Sure everybody would just do it all the time.

The buyer has to pay for the return (some shops might pay this themselves, like amazon give free returns on shoes and I think the also blacklist people who take the piss).

People in the real world would be far more likely to abuse bricks n mortar shops who have return policies for buying in store -since postage is so high in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

They haven't a leg to stand on. They have to give you your money back. Everyone has a right to return a product when bought online.Printing off label thing is ridiculous. I order from loads of websites for clothes + have never had to do this. They all include a returns label/ form with the delivery that you can use. Don't take no for an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Can u expand on this??

Don't worry OP, that's just a mistake on the posters part. You've no right to change your mind in a physical shop. Online/distance selling is a completely different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

You will have a chargeback right, as you have proof the item was returned. (Don't lose it!)

You also need to keep details of them confirming they received it back and advise this to your bank/credit card company.

So, contact your credit card company - or Paypal if you used them. I had to do a chargeback recently and all details were completed online (Ulster Bank)

Ridiculous of Zara.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I'd try a charge back first before small claims court.

So long as you have the proof of postage and the messages from Zara, you'll have no issue with the charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You have confirmation that the goods were received back by Zara. Therefore, you should be refunded.

Your options now are the SCC or a chargeback. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

HiWhat can I do?

Contact your card issuers, tell them you returned the item, they confirm they got it, but have not refunded it yet, it's been a month and you want to raise a chargeback against the origional sale.

regards

How do I make a chargeback? Never heard of it before nor knew such a thing existed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Talk to Zara head office and if they don't co-operate then threaten posting to social media or small claims court. They will likely give you your money to avoid any bad publicity. Best of luck.

How do I make a chargeback? Never heard of it before nor knew such a thing existed...

Contact your bank or card provider for info. There should also be details online on the Card Services section of your bank’s website.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

Talk to Zara head office and if they don't co-operate then threaten posting to social media or small claims court. They will likely give you your money to avoid any bad publicity. Best of luck.

You really think this is better than a simple chargeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Not sure if the charge back option will fly.

The op bought the jacket with the card and did indeed receive the jacket.

You could only do a charge back if you didn’t receive the jacket.

You can try but I’d doubt it will work.

Will get in contact with the tomorrow, thanks for all the help *thumbs up*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Shelflife wrote: »

Not correct, it is also good for situations like this

Better odds ( and a lot quicker) than Small claims court

• Advertisement

It will, take AIB for example, when filling out their Dispute Transaction Form, one of the options are:

2. I didn’t get a refund when I was supposed to:

Once 15 days have passed since the transaction and you still
    have not received the refund, send us the receipt for the
    refund from the sales terminal.

https://aib.ie/content/dam/aib/personal/docs/our-products/credit-cards/dispute-transaction-form.pdf

Bank of Ireland is very similar:

5. A Refund that I was promised was not processed
    after 30 days

https://www.bankofireland.com/app/uploads/assets/Credit-Card-Dispute-Form.pdf

At the end of the day OP, you sent the item back, Zara confirmed they received it but won't refund you, you will have no issue with your bank reversing the transaction, just be sure to hold onto the chat logs and the proof of postage from An Post.

I'd advise against the Small Claims Court and use it as a last resort, going through your bank would be the best option imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Usually mentioning chargeback speeds things up, zara wouldnt like additional chargeback fees, it also damages their rating which might cost them in the long run

You can also request a chargeback if you haven’t received your refund.

There’s a lot of misunderstanding in this thread regarding the distance selling legislation that applies when you buy products online. More info can be found below. It’s well worth being aware of these rights.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

Update.....

They have now claimed that they did not receive the parcel so I'm not entitled to my money back. I told them that is untrue and that I have a screen shot of the message from them that my parcel did arrive!

Off to the Small Claims Court I go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Update.....

They have now claimed that they did not receive the parcel so I'm not entitled to my money back. I told them that is untrue and that I have a screen shot of the message from them that my parcel did arrive!

Did you talk to the bank/card issuer?
    If you have all the proof, a charge back will be a lot quicker.

Update.....

Again more proof for a chargeback. Its a hell of a lot quicker and easier and still worth trying before thinking of small claims court.

Id guarantee youll get your money back through a chargeback with your bank.

Think I'll chance the charge back first so if its quicker. I'm so annoyed their now saying they never received the package, feck off like, the likes of these companies have probably gotten away with stuff like this hundreds of times. Not with me they won't.

** update **

So I went ahead and requested my money back through a detailed letter to AIB.

Got my money back, Happy days 🙂 thanks all for the suggestions and information.

Delighted you got a resolution. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

Well done OP. I’ll definitely steer clear of Zara from now on. Your treatment was shocking.

Advertisement