Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zara - won't give me my money back

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

** update **

So I went ahead and requested my money back through a detailed letter to AIB.

Got my money back, Happy days �� thanks all for the suggestions and information.

Many thanks for the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Thanks so much for updating, great to hear about good customer service from a bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I thought I was gonna have to fight with AIB to get the charge back, I was surprised when I got it. Was tempted to ring them and say thanks, but thought that might be Ott. Will give them a good review on something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Read this thread with interest OP - Zara get very bad reviews for their terrible customer service on Trust Pilot. https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.zara.com

Glad you got sorted (no thanks to Zara).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I thought I was gonna have to fight with AIB to get the charge back, I was surprised when I got it. Was tempted to ring them and say thanks, but thought that might be Ott. Will give them a good review on something!

Charge backs can be a horrible ordeal to go through when you don't have enough supporting evidence, but in your case it was a no brainer.

Glad to hear you got your money back OP!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Read this thread with interest OP - Zara get very bad reviews for their terrible customer service on Trust Pilot. https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.zara.com

Glad you got sorted (no thanks to Zara).

Very interested to see this...although I know they are within their rights to do this, I recently went to exchange two pairs of baby trousers, which I received as a gift, in one of their shops lately, and they flatly refused to do it without a gift receipt.
    Now they obviously have the right to do that and I have no problem with it generally, but most clothes shops that sell baby and kids clothes will allow an exchange without a recipt, especially on baby stuff.I mean you don't always get receipts but you could very easily get stuff the wrong size, or two of the same thing as presents-most shops like Next, Mothercare, Dunnes etc will allow an exchange at least. I thought it was incredibly poor form by them, I wasn't looking for money back or anything, just a direct swap (actually I probably would have had to pay a bit extra for the two pairs of trousers that I wanted to get).

Like I said, I know they are within their rights but surely since they stock baby clothes a bit of leeway on that for the kid's stuff wouldn't go amiss.....I now have two pairs of baby trousers that are no use to me, total waste of money.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

shesty wrote: »
    Like I said, I know they are within their rights but surely since they stock baby clothes a bit of leeway on that for the kid's stuff wouldn't go amiss.....I now have two pairs of baby trousers that are no use to me, total waste of money.
    What rights are they within?
    EU law says that consumers have 14 days to return items for online orders

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What rights are they within?
    EU law says that consumers have 14 days to return items for online orders

You might want to reread what was posted .. don't think that poster was referring to the op's case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Jesus christ you're not getting anything back because you didn't follow the refund policy /procedure

Clearly states you must print the label and stick it on the returned item, this is their policy.

It is not their problem you weren't bothered finding a printer nearby at a local library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Jesus christ you're not getting anything back because you didn't follow the refund policy /procedure

Clearly states you must print the label and stick it on the returned item, this is their policy.

It is not their problem you weren't bothered finding a printer nearby at a local library.

Born on a slow day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

toetatoe wrote: »
    Well done OP. I’ll definitely steer clear of Zara from now on. Your treatment was shocking.

There's not a company on earth that doesn't have past customers who will have horror stories. You'll be out of options to buy anything if you adopt that mindset more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Born on a slow day?

Poster you quoted or the op? TBF poster has a point, you print off the return label and off it goes, pretty simple instruction to follow.

Dav010, thanks for your opinion but its a bit pointless now.....doesn't matter anyway, I got my money back, which I was entitled to.

However why don't u go and bother do something more worthwhile with your time, other than scrolling through old and resolved threads at 1am in the morning? I guess your just too easily entertained.

God bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

toetatoe wrote: »
    Well done OP. I’ll definitely steer clear of Zara from now on. Your treatment was shocking.

Thats more than OTT. They were just following their policy. You may not like it but shocking is hardly the word.

Dav010, thanks for your opinion but its a bit pointless now.....doesn't matter anyway, I got my money back, which I was entitled to.

However why don't u go and bother do something more worthwhile with your time, other than scrolling through old and resolved threads at 1am in the morning? I guess your just too easily entertained.

God bless.

9am post over tea and toast. I was responding to a post put up this morning, you got your refund, no doubt it would have been easier had you followed simple instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I shop at Zara quite a lot, but luckily I have one near where I work, so I return unsuitable online items to store. You use the eticket from your confirmation email and its a quick barcode scan. Once returned, I get a reciept and email confirmation usually within the hour. If you have access to a store at all, I'd recommend returning this way, as there is no need for a printer and it works very well. And its free!

When you engage with them properly, their systems work very well. When you go outside the system (ie handwritten returns note) they clearly can't cope. Its not their business model. They're a high volume business and it only works based on very efficient practices. It sounds like you had a "computer says no" experience.

That said, I struggle to understand why they didnt just refund you. They're big and bold enough to know that just refunding would have probably cost less than all the time they spent arguing wtih you.

Dav010 wrote: »

God bless.

9am post over tea and toast. I was responding to a post put up this morning, you got your refund, no doubt it would have been easier had you followed simple instructions.

You might want to check the best before date on your milk, I reckon it's gone sour.

You might want to check the best before date on your milk, I reckon it's gone sour.

Ya’know, I have a feeling you are confusing me with another poster, dartboardsio, who opened up the thread again with a post critical of you, at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What is up with people these days? Stop snarking at each other please

dudara

Advertisement