Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One Day At A Whine (Sweet Jesus), Liveline, 10/05/19 and dat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This is all quite a lot to take in - everything on Google isn't true?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Disgraceful behaviour from Duffy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Yeah, things can only get better now between the 2 bro's.

Yeah thanks Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Slimy move by Duffy completely backfired. Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

on thin ice ...

• Advertisement

Can you get de vaccination against being gay so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭shearforce

disgraceful tactics maybe but who didn't want to hear those crackpots going at it on air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Disgraceful behaviour from Duffy there.

You new around these parts,?partner :)

What?!

whaaat?

did he just say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

shearforce wrote: »
    whaaat?

did he just say that?

Think it was just tongue in cheek ..so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Let them keep spouting their medieval nonsense.
    It's another nail in the coffin for that vile organisation every time.

I grew up on the most religiously diverse little road in Oireland in the 60s, we had Methodists, Presbyterians, COI, Jews, RC, even Muslims and Baptists on adjoining road, but there wasn’t a Jehovah’s Witness or at least one we knew about even though their Kingdom Hall was not far away.
    It's very strange. For a community that has no compunction about knocking on your door, Jehovas Witnesses can be very closed.

At least the ones I've met. Maybe the urban ones are more integrated?

Will we all have to be LGBT now that the Gardai are?

thanks for that story caller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

did you hit them a box?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Will we all have to be LGBT now that the Gardai are?

Ya wha?

Congratulations on coming out by the way.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

15.00, Joe.
    Goodbye and thank you for your service.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Connolly station an unadultered kip

Common sense but too late for Barry "Spin" Kenny.

• Advertisement

A child's playground for the memory of ded childers.

Ok then.

It's very strange. For a community that has no compunction about knocking on your door, Jehovas Witnesses can be very closed.

At least the ones I've met. Maybe the urban ones are more integrated?

I can’t say I know any at all, they are the only denomination where I don’t have friends/acquaintances among them. On the other hand, growing up I used to think the church Christmas Dues were the Christmas Jews, like our Jewish neighbours across the street who used to call across to wish us a happy Christmas and enjoy a sherry.

Uncharted wrote: »

Ok then.
    We badly need an update on Duffy's attendance for the year to date. All programmes available online, it's a shïtty evening, shall get onto it this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Uncharted wrote: »

Ok then.

Who's paying the public liability insurdance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I heard snippets of the show today while I was in the car. I thought Duffy plumbed a new low, (if that's possible), by his effort at 'badger baiting', or Jehovah baiting to be more precise.
    The man is a disgrace.

We badly need an update on Duffy's attendance for the year to date. All programmes available online, it's a shïtty evening, shall get onto it this evening.

What, you’re going to do the Claddaghgreen Invoice to RTE on Joe’s behalf?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I heard snippets of the show today while I was in the car. I thought Duffy plumbed a new low, (if that's possible), by his effort at 'badger baiting', or Jehovah baiting to be more precise.
    The man is a disgrace.

It was just so insensitive. The caller had little choice but to respond to allegations made against him, and seemed not to have been warned that Joe was about to ambush him with the Jeremy Kyle method.

Bad form Duffy. We know you read this thread. You'd be livid if someone did that to you, quite rightly.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Who's paying the public liability insurdance ?

Are der swings so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well i didnt think it was possible, but the last 10-15mins today really sunk to new level i must say, well done, so to speak

• Advertisement

What, you’re going to do the Claddaghgreen Invoice to RTE on Joe’s behalf?
    It would be fun to invoice him, actually!

It's a surprisingly quick procedure registering Joe-shows and no-shows. I'm up as far as Valentine's Day.

Just wondering how we should go about this? Using an Excel spreadsheet, can provide a link to it on Google Drive if anyone wants to contribute. So far I'm just typing the initials, alongside dates, of those who present the show -- JD/ PBH/ DOR. Any other info we should be adding?

I see dat baby what was born on de train is after getting free travel too in an easy free good publicity move.

Last laugh today for de bold Barry Kenny.

Its a disgrace Joe.

It's a surprisingly quick procedure registering Joe-shows and no-shows. I'm up as far as Valentine's Day.

Just wondering how we should go about this? Using an Excel spreadsheet, can provide a link to it on Google Drive if anyone wants to contribute. So far I'm just typing the initials, alongside dates, of those who present the show -- JD/ PBH/ DOR. Any other info we should be adding?

De regular callers, caller. De Ex gaurds, John from Cork, yer one de FFer from Monaghan, Mannix, Brush, Rory, Brendan O Cardle etc

withless wrote: »
    De regular callers, caller. De Ex gaurds, John from Cork, yer one de FFer from Monaghan, Mannix, Brush, Rory, Brendan O Cardle etc
    You volunteering, are you? :pac:

Not going into too much detail, but I'm sure there's something I'm not including which could easily be done.

Funny Fridays are included, but we have that info anyway because it happens monthly. I'm sure there are loads of things I'm not thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It will be 80%. It is always 80%.

It will be 80%. It is always 80%.
    I expect it to be in-line with Butters' findings for last year, but we don't officially know that it's always 80%. It would potentially be useful to keep an eye on this.

Also, I don't want to seem like we're picking on Joe Duffy here. It would be equally great if anyone wanted to count the broadcasts of other DJs* in the employ of the public sector. I think (and hope) that most of us have nothing personal against Duffy, we're just interested in the use of public moneys.

*I'm looking at you, Marian.

• Advertisement

I don't think Joe would be able to decide on a whim to take a few weeks off to go to his fabled chateau. His contract would entail having to agree his attendances in advance for the year. I'm basing that on the fact that it is always around 80%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Are der swings so to speak?

It's a rememberance garden I taut he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Talk to joe currently on RTÉ

He said at start it’s a show completely driven by callers ....

Butterssuki do be de master consultant on dis, so to speak. You could produce graphs at end of each month. Very like the wages sheets (for de blue collared staff) and de Attendance Returns (for de white collared) I did do at my branch library. Any so far so good. Well done! Well done!

I liked your critique of de piece of art featuring our revered host. Did you do de Leaving cert subject of art, or de history & art appreciation diploma an dat?

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    It's a rememberance garden I taut he said.

Ah, but remembering de chiselers should incorporate de tings beloved of de childers. Shouldn’t it be a place for de bairns to play and be educated so to speak, eg in de fashion de chiselers public park in Carnlough which incorporates a mini ecological trail.

• Advertisement

He said at start it’s a show completely driven by callers ....

Yeah. And farcy is a whizz on a sound desk.!!

I expect it to be in-line with Butters' findings for last year, but we don't officially know that it's always 80%. It would potentially be useful to keep an eye on this.

Also, I don't want to seem like we're picking on Joe Duffy here. It would be equally great if anyone wanted to count the broadcasts of other DJs* in the employ of the public sector. I think (and hope) that most of us have nothing personal against Duffy, we're just interested in the use of public moneys.

*I'm looking at you, Marian.

Almost warrants another thread “quarterly broadcast hours for tv and radio presenters in RTE. Could be valuable info source for journalists.

Almost warrants another thread “quarterly broadcast hours for tv and radio presenters in RTE. Could be valuable info source for journalists.

Think it would drive the public over the edge if they saw what these clowns were earning per hour.

Yeah. And farcy is a whizz on a sound desk.!!

Wouldn’t you think there’d be a minion in Ray’s studio who could stand behind him, and lean over to press de buttons.

Wouldn’t you think there’d be a minion in Ray’s studio who could stand behind him, and lean over to press de buttons.

Or beat the shyte outa him with a Hurley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'd say when he's driving and it suddenly rains then he turns on the lights/parting lights and so on until he gets the wipers on. :)

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I'd say when he's driving and it suddenly rains then he turns on the lights/parting lights and so on until he gets the wipers on. :)

Wouldn't ya love to hook the lekky seats up to 230v :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

For 2 years I did do be do be do De Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat so to speak, dat would be a good starting point and sat sez I. From memory he had over 60+ days/12+ weeks off in 2-17 and 55+ days/11+ weeks in 2-18; and when he wurks he puts in less hours in a week than you do in a day. A wurking class man wit a wurking class wurk ettic indeed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He said at start it’s a show completely drivel by callers ....

FYP.

For 2 years I did do be do be do De Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat so to speak, dat would be a good starting point and sat sez I. From memory he had over 60+ days/12+ weeks off in 2-17 and 55+ days/11+ weeks in 2-18; and when he wurks he puts in less hours in a week than you do in a day. A wurking class man wit a wurking class wurk ettic indeed...

56 and 49.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement