Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary insurance

Options
  • 10-05-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hey guys, sorry if this is in wrong section I need some advice asap. Going to pick up a car this evening that is not for me but for a family member. Is it possible to get temporary insurance for an hour or 2? I'm with FBD insurance on my own car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yeah, ring them and ask them to do the temporary switch to the other car. Might be a charge for it, but it's usually small fee.

If you have driving other cars on your policy you might be able to use it, but check before you go all other conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭E46Dream

wonski wrote: »
    Yeah, ring them and ask them to do the temporary switch to the other car. Might be a charge for it, but it's usually small fee.

No worries, will do. Thanks for quick response.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Yes, it should be possible to change your FBD policy to the other car for the period which you will be driving. Call them up and tell them you need cover for the car and make sure to have the registration number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

had a slight issue recently, where i wanted to do a temp swap of insurance from my car , to anither car that i own , but is off the road.

Lots of humming and hawing form the insurance company, as they normally only do a temp swap to another car that you dont own.

Eventually they gave in and did a 24hr swap for a small fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It's because you owned that car. They almost refused me once, but allowed few days only. Any other car they would cover no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to Insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭E46Dream

Got sorted for €21. Covered me from 4 to 8, all done now. Thanks very much.

Advertisement