Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January 2020 Babies Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ggg16

Attending GUH

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

ggg16 wrote: »
    Due Jan 2020. Second baby. Nowhere near as sick as last time but my gosh the fatigue is killer. Literally can't stay awake!

Welcome! What date are you due? How old is your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Maggiemay13

Gosh I had to finally pull the plug on taking my pregnacare 2 days ago. My stomach was in absolute bits. I won't get descriptive but I'm sure you can use your imaginations as to what I mean by that. I was waking up for 2 hours during the night also, rolling around the bed with wind pains. Already feeling a million times better having stopped it.
    Has anyone else had a problem with those supplements? And also, would anyone have any suggestions of something else to take instead, which you may have found good? Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FoxHouse

So I've never taken pregnacare so I have no direct feedback on it but I know a number of friends who have had very bad pains/sickness which stopped after coming off it. I've always been consious of going with something more natural, I have been taking "Terranova Prenatal Multivitamin Complex". Its completely vegan/vegetarian so you don't have any nasty fillers which can be upsetting on stomach. It also includes Folate (as calcium L-methylfolate) which is easier to absorb. I will admit it's not the best tasting but with juice/yoghurt it masks the taste. I had my early scan a few weeks ago and all dates are accurate so no issues with it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

Hi all due baby no 3 on the 9th of Jan. Attending UHG in Galway. Had an early scan at 6 and 7 wks due to bleed. Still waiting on appointment letter for my booking in appointment even though GP sent it in almost 3 wks ago.

Absolutely shattered. Nausea worse in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

ggg16 wrote: »
    Attending GUH

Have you gotten your date for booking appointment yet? Still waiting on mine and I'm almost 10 wks. I'll ring them tomorrow if nothing comes by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭jo2509

I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow, have a scan tomorrow morning.

I'm really getting nervous now, ironically, because i feel so well :rolleyes: I mean i've been a tiny bit queasy and a tiny bit more tired than usual, but nothing drastic. So now i'm thinking missed miscarriage or something.

I'll probably jinx myself now and start puking!

I agree Jo, I've started feeling better too and it makes me a bit nervous aswell, but have to try and banish those thoughts and keep going. The 12 week scan can't come quick enough now, for the little bit of reassurance!

Best of luck with the scan tomorrow Jo. I'm sure all will be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Meem

Glad to hear all going grand for you ladies so far! Ive my scan on June 25th and the wait has been LONG!

• Advertisement

8 weeks today and had an early scan this morning - all looks as it should, measuring according to my dates and flickering heartbeat.

I thought the scan would make it more 'real' but it's still an unidentifiable blob so i'm still a bit 'nah, i'm not going to be having an actual baby' :pac:

Anyway, that's the first hurdle over, now just hope everything is uneventful until my 12 week booking in visit.

jo2509 wrote: »
    8 weeks today and had an early scan this morning - all looks as it should, measuring according to my dates and flickering heartbeat.

I thought the scan would make it more 'real' but it's still an unidentifiable blob so i'm still a bit 'nah, i'm not going to be having an actual baby' :pac:

Anyway, that's the first hurdle over, now just hope everything is uneventful until my 12 week booking in visit.

Great news! When is your booking visit? Is it in 4 weeks time?
    I've booked my panorama test for 2 weeks time, can't wait for my first look at this baba. Time is going so slowly right now!!

[HTML][/HTML]
    BriarPatch wrote: »
    Great news! When is your booking visit? Is it in 4 weeks time?
    I've booked my panorama test for 2 weeks time, can't wait for my first look at this baba. Time is going so slowly right now!!

Yep, booking in visit this day 4 weeks.

I was going to book the Harmony test for 10 weeks as they say it can be done from then but the doctor recommended waiting until 12 weeks so i might hold off and organise that for after the booking in visit.

Enjoy, time drags when you're waiting alright!

Hey everyone. How is everyone doing now? I was due in for a shift today (I do shift work with very long days), was up, had showered and was just sorting myself out when I got a very weak, dizzy spell and thought I was going to pass out. Felt weak as a kitten. I ended up ringing in sick and now feel terribly guilty as other than still feeling weak, I feel ok again. Argh, I always feel so bad being out sick and rarely am :-/ But I'm thinking, I have this little baby to think about and I probably need to be a little extra careful. Has anyone else been out sick from work much over the last little while?!
    We have 12 week scan tomorrow and am nervous re. that aswell. PG all goes well. Hope ye are all flying it:-)

Hey everyone. How is everyone doing now? I was due in for a shift today (I do shift work with very long days), was up, had showered and was just sorting myself out when I got a very weak, dizzy spell and thought I was going to pass out. Felt weak as a kitten. I ended up ringing in sick and now feel terribly guilty as other than still feeling weak, I feel ok again. Argh, I always feel so bad being out sick and rarely am :-/ But I'm thinking, I have this little baby to think about and I probably need to be a little extra careful. Has anyone else been out sick from work much over the last little while?!
    We have 12 week scan tomorrow and am nervous re. that aswell. PG all goes well. Hope ye are all flying it:-)

Try not to feel bad - it’s not like you’re slacking off. Ultimately you need to look after yourself. I’m still on mat leave with my first so unfortunately she doesn’t care if I’m not feeling great or not. Have to admit a few times over the last weeks I’ve sat her at the TV with baby music and stories I was feeling that rubbish! Felt guilty but keep telling myself she won’t have any memory of it.

My 12 week scan is next Tuesday and time is DRAGGING!

Hope you’re feeling better. Put the feet up, relax and have a nap

Thanks Meem, you're right. I slept until 2pm so the body obviously needed that! I feel an awful lot better now. It's important to listen to your body when pregnant I would say. I wouldn't want to push it and god forbid have any regrets if anything bad happened.
    Next Tuesday will come around in no time. fingers crossed our scans go well.

• Advertisement

Thanks Meem, you're right. I slept until 2pm so the body obviously needed that! I feel an awful lot better now. It's important to listen to your body when pregnant I would say. I wouldn't want to push it and god forbid have any regrets if anything bad happened.
    Next Tuesday will come around in no time. fingers crossed our scans go well.

Hard to beat a good nap!
    Good luck for the scan tomorrow! Let us know how you get on :)

Thankfully all went fine yesterday with our 12 week scan, although I'm more likely Just over 11 weeks going by baby's measurements. Am based in Cork so attending CUMH. For an extremely busy unit I was really impressed with their punctuality- our scan time was 15.20, we were walking out of the hospital with scan done and dusted at 15.25. The midwife who did the scan was very nice too and took the time to explain what we were looking at etc. and if we had any questions. Didnt feel rushed out of the place at all. Thumbs up for CUMH so far.

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the consultants in CUMH if you don't mind me asking?

Delighted to hear of another successful scan!

Thankfully all went fine yesterday with our 12 week scan, although I'm more likely Just over 11 weeks going by baby's measurements. Am based in Cork so attending CUMH. For an extremely busy unit I was really impressed with their punctuality- our scan time was 15.20, we were walking out of the hospital with scan done and dusted at 15.25. The midwife who did the scan was very nice too and took the time to explain what we were looking at etc. and if we had any questions. Didnt feel rushed out of the place at all. Thumbs up for CUMH so far.

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the consultants in CUMH if you don't mind me asking?

Delighted your scan went well!
    3 more sleeps for me - roll on Tuesday!

Sorry I don’t have any experience of the CUMH to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Gosh I had to finally pull the plug on taking my pregnacare 2 days ago. My stomach was in absolute bits. I won't get descriptive but I'm sure you can use your imaginations as to what I mean by that. I was waking up for 2 hours during the night also, rolling around the bed with wind pains. Already feeling a million times better having stopped it.
    Has anyone else had a problem with those supplements? And also, would anyone have any suggestions of something else to take instead, which you may have found good? Thanks a million.

Seven Seas do a pregnancy supplement, around €5 for a month’s supply in the chemist, no horrible aftertaste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

12 week scan last Friday, all looking good. Due date of January 1st and I went 8 days over with my 2nd (first was planned section due to breech position) so I’m expecting this to be over as well. Slight nausea, mostly at nighttime. A bit tired but I’ve a 3 year old and a 21 month old so that’s par for the course anyhow! :D

12 week scan last Friday, all looking good. Due date of January 1st and I went 8 days over with my 2nd (first was planned section due to breech position) so I’m expecting this to be over as well. Slight nausea, mostly at nighttime. A bit tired but I’ve a 3 year old and a 21 month old so that’s par for the course anyhow! :D

I hate being due at the end of the month, everyone seems so much further ahead than me!

I'm getting alot of nausea at nighttime as well which is different to my other 2! I'm wondering if this is a girl now!

I hate being due at the end of the month, everyone seems so much further ahead than me!

I'm getting alot of nausea at nighttime as well which is different to my other 2! I'm wondering if this is a girl now!

That’s how I was last pregnancy so it’s a totally different experience this time for me being due early in the month!

12 week scan for me Tuesday - only 2 more sleeps!

My thoughts are with all who have scans and appointments this week.

Had our scan this morning and baby was kicking away - made us so happy!

Due date been moved out by 1 day so new EDD is Jan9th

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

How was your BP?If it is a little low, a hot shower can give you dizzy spells, as it causes it to drop lower I think.Speaking from experience on two pregnancies.Maybe just keep it in mind, and get doc to keep an eye.

Meem wrote: »

Great news, I've my panorama test on thurs so getting nervous about it now, I have moments in the day where I feel my symptoms have dissappeared and then I panic!

Awh Meem, that is such lovely news. Huge congratulations.

Great news, I've my panorama test on thurs so getting nervous about it now, I have moments in the day where I feel my symptoms have dissappeared and then I panic!

Briarpatch, it will be Thursday in no time. Only 2 more sleeps. I know no words can give the reassurance that a scan can, but just remember that every pregnancy is different and that there are literally no hard, fast rules.

Roll on Thursday

Best of luck for Thursday BriarPatch! I know exactly how you feel. Our minds can definitely go into overdrive at times. I was saying to the sonographer how I was much more anxious this time around than on my first - she said that its very typical for second/third+ timers to feel like that as you are much more aware of things that can go wrong! I’m definitely feeling more relaxed after today.

Statistically speaking you are most likely to have nothing but positive news - roll on Thursday for you xx

• Advertisement

Briarpatch, it will be Thursday in no time. Only 2 more sleeps. I know no words can give the reassurance that a scan can, but just remember that every pregnancy is different and that there are literally no hard, fast rules.

Roll on Thursday

Thanks Maggie

Best of luck for Thursday BriarPatch! I know exactly how you feel. Our minds can definitely go into overdrive at times. I was saying to the sonographer how I was much more anxious this time around than on my first - she said that its very typical for second/third+ timers to feel like that as you are much more aware of things that can go wrong! I’m definitely feeling more relaxed after today.

Statistically speaking you are most likely to have nothing but positive news - roll on Thursday for you xx

Thanks Meem, Yea that's definitely true I was way more relaxed on my first, I was the first to have a baby in my circle and I hadn't heard all the horror stories I have now!

Good luck today BriarPatch - i'd love to hear how you get on with the Panorama test if you don't mind (the actual process i wouldn't ask you to share results etc). I'm booked in for mine on 16th July and i'm really in two minds about it... probably because if anything is wrong i'll be in a position where i might have to make some tough decisions. So i'm still debating whether to go ahead with it.

10 weeks tomorrow so into double digits :eek:

Afternoon ladies, all went well earlier thank goodness!

She had to do a vaginal scan as the pictures weren't coming up great on the normal one but it was fine and the view was so much better!

She was so reassuring and she said the chance of a miscarriage with this baby considering its development and heartrate was almost non existent so that was great news I can relax a bit now. Although I've a terrible migraine today which has dulled it a little!

Jo- the panorama was literally just the scan to check the dates and then she took 2 tubes of blood that was it! Let me know if you want to know anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

First time to post here though have been reading last few weeks. I'm 13 +3 with hyperemis. I had tried stopping medication this week but vomiting was back immediately so starting again. I'm so thrilled to be expecting after long time trying but I never thought it would be so tough. I know it will be worth it. Hope everyone else is doing well.

shhling wrote: »
    First time to post here though have been reading last few weeks. I'm 13 +3 with hyperemis. I had tried stopping medication this week but vomiting was back immediately so starting again. I'm so thrilled to be expecting after long time trying but I never thought it would be so tough. I know it will be worth it. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi shhling, the hyperemsis is so tough it's supposed to be an exciting time but that makes you feel very depressed. I hope it does manage to pass soon for you.
    How's everyone else?

Great news Briarpatch :)

Starting to feel a bit more human these days. I don't want to jinx myself but think my vomiting is almost passing! Still a bit tired but nothing like earlier weeks.

not fun. I can totally sympathise with you - my last pregnancy i threw up every single day till she arrived. This time I'm feeling much luckier.
    Fingers crossed it eases soon xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

My girlfriend is due January 20th with our first. :) She has only got sick once but has obviously felt a bit ropey at times. She passed her driving test the other day as well, luckily it was a day when she wasn't feeling too bad. We have an appointment this Thursday and then the 12 week scan next Monday. Does anyone know what happens at the one a few days before than scan? Nervous but excited about the whole experience. :D

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    My girlfriend is due January 20th with our first. :) She has only got sick once but has obviously felt a bit ropey at times. She passed her driving test the other day as well, luckily it was a day when she wasn't feeling too bad. We have an appointment this Thursday and then the 12 week scan next Monday. Does anyone know what happens at the one a few days before than scan? Nervous but excited about the whole experience. :D

Hey Johner! Congrats on your lovely news. Is the appointment the few days before the scan called the "booking appointment"? I had my scan before that appointment but no doubt every hospital does things slightly differently. If it is the booking appointment you are asking about, my experience was meeting with a midwife to document lots of information for example family medical history; any concerns or worries etc etc. She gave me plenty of information to read too. I had my blood pressure, heart rate and weight taken, my urine tested and a blood test. That was it.

Congrats again!

Thank you MaggieMay13 and thanks for your help! Yes it seems it is the booking appointment. We are heading tomorrow, am I allowed into the room for this appointment? Might be a stupid question. :pac:

Congrats to you too on your pregnancy. :)

Johner wrote: »
    Thank you MaggieMay13 and thanks for your help! Yes it seems it is the booking appointment. We are heading tomorrow, am I allowed into the room for this appointment? Might be a stupid question. :pac:

Congrats to you too on your pregnancy. :)
    I'm not sure about the Coombe but in the rotunda I'm sure the males are not allowed in for the part with the midwife as they ask about domestic abuse etc. I could be wrong but I wouldn't count on going in with her!

Hey Everybody! Argh, the wait between the 12 week scan and 20 week scan just feels sooooo long! Anyone else feel the same? The ol' morning sickness/dodgy tummy has really eased in the last week or 2 thank god. I think I have a little tummy starting to appear :-) How are ye all doing?

Hey Everybody! Argh, the wait between the 12 week scan and 20 week scan just feels sooooo long! Anyone else feel the same? The ol' morning sickness/dodgy tummy has really eased in the last week or 2 thank god. I think I have a little tummy starting to appear :-) How are ye all doing?

It's an awful long wait alright that particular gap seems like forever, I'm still waiting for my booking appointment so it's even further for me! I already look about 5 months pregnant and none of my clothes fit me, I'll have to dig out my maternity stuff from the attic!

It's an awful long wait alright that particular gap seems like forever, I'm still waiting for my booking appointment so it's even further for me! I already look about 5 months pregnant and none of my clothes fit me, I'll have to dig out my maternity stuff from the attic!

My god! It's mad how everybody's experience is totally different. This is number 1 for us so no doubt that's a huge reason as to why I don't have much to show yet. I did get fitted for new bras yesterday and nearly fell off the chair when she told me my new size, ha!! I new my old ones were feeling snug but..... There was also a fair amount of "tutting" from her end when she realised I had continued to wear my wire bras? A big no-no, apparently.

• Advertisement

My god! It's mad how everybody's experience is totally different. This is number 1 for us so no doubt that's a huge reason as to why I don't have much to show yet. I did get fitted for new bras yesterday and nearly fell off the chair when she told me my new size, ha!! I new my old ones were feeling snug but..... There was also a fair amount of "tutting" from her end when she realised I had continued to wear my wire bras? A big no-no, apparently.

That's true on my first I didn't show for ages, after my second I had a bad case of separation of abdominal muscles so I think that's why it's all popped out so early this time. I only dread to think how big I'll be by the end. Now to be fair I've also been eating aload of crap as that seems to be my bodies way of warding off the sickness so it doesn't help the situation.
    I've always worn underwire bras until after the birth!!

That's true on my first I didn't show for ages, after my second I had a bad case of separation of abdominal muscles so I think that's why it's all popped out so early this time. I only dread to think how big I'll be by the end. Now to be fair I've also been eating aload of crap as that seems to be my bodies way of warding off the sickness so it doesn't help the situation.
    I've always worn underwire bras until after the birth!!

Who knew! She just said that the wire if bra becomes too tight can Mark you and damage the breast tissue? Might be worth looking into. I must say the bra without wire is a million times more comfy but that's also probably because my other bras were literally 2 sizes too small! God, the things our poor bodies have to go through. It'll be well worth it!

Have intermittent dull pains below my belly button. Very noticeable at night? Like a dragging sensation for all the world.

I'm not sure about the Coombe but in the rotunda I'm sure the males are not allowed in for the part with the midwife as they ask about domestic abuse etc. I could be wrong but I wouldn't count on going in with her!

You were indeed correct about this, it was written on the door that partners/friends were not permitted for that part. Was nice to get a feel for the hospital(Coombe) we had a good look around. It seemed busy but the girl checking my gf in said this was it when it was quiet. :o We were a good while waiting but it flew by.

We had the scan yesterday, jaysus it was emotional and amazing to hear the heartbeat! The due date was pushed back to 02/02/2020 after she did the measurements. Might have to head into the February 2020 thread now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

We had the first scan today and have a due date of 30th January! Super excited for our first baby! The two of us are only children so this is gonna be a shock as we haven't a clue haha! I'm sure we will learn! Congrats to everyone else on this amazing journey ☺️Just wondering about the panorama scans like if you don't have one when would possible issues be discovered in normal scans? I have another scan in 4 wks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement