Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North West 200

Options
  • 10-05-2019 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Heading up to the race next week for a look with a few mates. I was never at it before and am looking forward to it. Just looking for a few tips about the best vantage points etc. I was told that station corner is very good, high speed etc. What time is the roads closed/would we want to be in place. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

My only tip is bring rain gear, sun cream and a fleece!

The weather can be unpredictable at this time of year.

The road closures are posted on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

A lot of the houses on the road will let you park in their drive for a small sum. We found a place near juniper hill. You’ll be able to move between different vantage points from there and still have a secure HQ with a good view. Get up there well before roads are closed as it’s total lock down once they are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

zubair wrote: »
    A lot of the houses on the road will let you park in their drive for a small sum. We found a place near juniper hill. You’ll be able to move between different vantage points from there and still have a secure HQ with a good view. Get up there well before roads are closed as it’s total lock down once they are closed.

Thanks, I have a 4 hour spin up to it so probably leave around 4 in the morning just to be sure. Might try parking outside the track and watch inside the track if that makes sense. At least that way we can go in the evening before they are opened again if we need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭ratracer

Thanks, I have a 4 hour spin up to it so probably leave around 4 in the morning just to be sure. Might try parking outside the track and watch inside the track if that makes sense. At least that way we can go in the evening before they are opened again if we need to.

It’s been a few years since I was last up there, but I seem to remember that it’s better park inside the loop, that way you can still move about to different parts of the circuit. I wasn’t the group planner though, I just followed.
    Have fun, it’s a good weekend’s racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I've parked around metropole, there were 100s of bikes parked along a street there, all outside circuit but with plenty of areas to view from, with a little bit of a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Would you not go up the day before and stay somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

colm_c wrote: »
    Would you not go up the day before and stay somewhere?

Be handy alright but work etc not really working out. I don't mind the spin, I'm well used to a few hours on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

If you stay outside, you can get to 75% of the track while the road is closed through backroads/mainroads. This also gives you freedom to head off if you've had enough for the day. You can walk to the grandstand/finish line/corporate area.

Metropole does be packed with bikes on the Saturday but also a few knackers with no interest in racing,just drinking. BallySally roundabout does be wedged,as well as university corner.

Advertisement