Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of adding 2 Rads Upstairs

Options
  • 10-05-2019 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi All,

Currently looking at buying a 2 story 2 bed old house,

No heading in the two rooms upstairs but have oil heated rads downstairs,

Timber framed house, any ideas of cost of adding 2 rads upstairs??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

If its timber frame it shouldn't be too hard, 2 new rads on upper studs, flexi pipe, fittings to existing rad loop.

Redecoration of upper rooms anyway , as holes required to locate the new pipe to rad.

I might be completely wrong but, after replacing several rads in my house over the years, the time, the new bracket locations ,the swearing, the off centre stud, never mind feeding a new pipe behind a blind wall to a new location and plastering....I would happily pay 1k to 1500 for what you propose.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

How old is the house

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

BryanF wrote: »
    How old is the house

Sign on the stonework outside says 1830's :D

Had someone living in it till recent, new roof/insulation about 15 yrs ago.

Dunno am i allowed post links to daft so here goes!

[snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

If its timber frame it shouldn't be too hard, 2 new rads on upper studs, flexi pipe, fittings to existing rad loop.

Redecoration of upper rooms anyway , as holes required to locate the new pipe to rad.

I might be completely wrong but, after replacing several rads in my house over the years, the time, the new bracket locations ,the swearing, the off centre stud, never mind feeding a new pipe behind a blind wall to a new location and plastering....I would happily pay 1k to 1500 for what you propose.

Thanks for the time you took to reply. my budget in my head is 2k so not a million miles off, trying to run costs while interested in a house is hard. have 40k for the work just want to make sure its not much more!

Having a builder look next and going to go from there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Modnore: as per forum charter 1.1
    no links to property you don’t own please

Is it on the conservation list?

What’s your total budget for doing up ?

What can you afford to pay for heating annually?

• Advertisement
Advertisement