Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2019 Stage 1 - ITT Spoilers

Options
  • 11-05-2019 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

probably better off having a dedicated thread with spoilers incase some get upset.

Comments

We walked up some of this climb along the arches when we visited Bologna years back. One of the few times in a race on TV I've had a reference for and how the camera doesn't give you a good view of the gradient.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Long wait for Yates

Any time for Dunbar? Don't think he was shown.

EDIT: Think I saw it flash up there 14:08

Any time for Dunbar? Don't think he was shown.

EDIT: Think I saw it flash up there 14:08

36th at 1.14 down...good ride

beat Zakarin

Ha just as we mention he there he is in an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

We walked up some of this climb along the arches when we visited Bologna years back. One of the few times in a race on TV I've had a reference for and how the camera doesn't give you a good view of the gradient.

I pushed a double buggy up that bloody hill. It's brutal!

Maybe Dunbar should have done what Ciccone has done

He is about 75th but was fastest on the climb and will probably wear KOM...dependent on Yates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Lumen wrote: »
    I pushed a double buggy up that bloody hill. It's brutal!

My wife and I cycled some bleeper bike style hire bikes to the bottom of that hill. She felt that discretion was the better part of valour and thought that we should walk up from there. She was right of course, but I did feel a tinge of regret when we walked past some of riders names sprayed on the road from previous run up that hill. Seriously steep bit of road! Also found that Bologna is a very cycle friendly city. Who knew?

Advertisement