Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheek riser for Boyds thumbhole stock?

Options
  • 11-05-2019 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Looking for something reasonably simple. The Kydex type won't fit due to shape of the stock. Are risers made for thumbhole stocks or am I best getting a stretchy sock with foam pad inserts type affair 🀔

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You have about four options i can think off.
    1. Pouch/Riser combo that straps to the stock
    2. Cheek wedge like you see on a shotgun and adapt for use on a rifle
    3. Left/Right cheek piece designed mostly for Crossbows and adapt for use on a rifle
    4. Send it to a gunsmith like Pat Sludds and have one built onto it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Hack12

Might sound obvious but have you the lowest mounts on your scope to bring your cheek weld down more on the stock.

I'm unsure what type of shooting you are doing but an alternative set up is the Bisley adjustable buttplate. It raised the stock from the buttplate. They are for sale on eBay. I can't for some reason post the link with this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Hack12 wrote: »
    Might sound obvious but have you the lowest mounts on your scope to bring your cheek weld down more on the stock.

I'm unsure what type of shooting you are doing but an alternative set up is the Bisley adjustable buttplate. It raised the stock from the buttplate. They are for sale on eBay. I can't for some reason post the link with this message.

Yes what most ppl use, about 20 pounds off the Bay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Bisley+butt+plate&_sacat=0

I have one here somewhere I'd sell for 25 Euro. It' been shaped to fit a Marlin 1894 stock but will still fit the boyds

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

I use a blackhawk cheek pad on my cz455 thumbhole stock and my boyds thumbhole stock. Works perfect on both

Advertisement