Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep Apnoea remedies

• 11-05-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been diagnosed with slight sleep apnoea and my consultant intends to put me on a CPAP sleep apnoea machine. To be honest, I’m not looking forward to using this machine at all. I consider it to be cumbersome with its tube and mask which I’ll have to wear while I’m in bed.
    I’ve checked online and I’ve seen some anti-snoring devices – some which have to be left in the mouth all night to keep it open - and others which are inserted into the nostrils to keep them open. Does or has anybody else here used the CPAP machine or other anti-snoring devices?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Masala

He CPAP machine is not that bad..... I nearly look forward to wearing it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if you are over weight lose the weight and it would probably go away, obviously not always weight related. i think the problem is that sleep Apnoea isnt necessarily caused by something in your mouth or nose.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement