Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    That’s insane

Zaha has never been good when it comes to bonus. Regularly gets stupid yellow cards(got another one today), and gets tackled a lot. Both which affect bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    That's incredible. What's the highest finish from a boards player?

ElTel finished 8th in the world I think a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've scored in the 2260s 3 times now and in 7 of the last 8 seasons I've scored between 2215 & 2268. Have others had such a tight point scoring range?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

My worse season in ten years of playing the game And only my second time outside the top 100k in 8 seasons. Poor stuff from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

manual_man wrote: »
    Zaha has never been good when it comes to bonus. Regularly gets stupid yellow cards(got another one today), and gets tackled a lot. Both which affect bonus

Ah, hadn't realised he got a yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's actually 67 (-4).

Might slip outside top 50 now. Meh. Top 100 would've been a dream at the start of the season.

Miraculous.

Ended 43 OR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rankings updated. 15,438 final rank for me. Happy with that. Won a money league and got promotion from fsa league 1. A pleasure as always and see you next season folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Ended up at 26,336. Nothing amazing but I won my money league so I’m pretty chuffed with that. See ye next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Miraculous.

Ended 43 OR.

That’s incredible, fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Disappointing end to season, 53 sees a drop from 46k to 55k and dropped just outside of money in work league to 4th. My Kun versus his Mane captain the main difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Won main league by 7 points in the end
    Finished 4th in league

For a season where I rarely dipped out of top 30k it feels rather flat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Glad to finally have a decent enough season after each of the last 5 seasons getting progressively worse (despite my beat efforts)

2014 2k
    2015 38k
    2016 65k
    2017 137k
    2018 496k
    2019 54k

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

70 (-4). Final points are 2446 which is my highest ever. OR rank is 1,783. Not quite my highest ever OR which was 1.3k. I've met my target of top 10k but a couple of weeks ago top 1k looked on. Last weeks horror show put paid to that! :(

Won my pub league and looks like I'll be third on Zarquons league. Overall I can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Miraculous.

Ended 43 OR.

Absolutely outstanding. Very well played sir.

You should be featured on a national radio station for this...

15,654 OR in the end thanks to a great final week, my highest OR since GW24. Really poor returns from my FH and TC cost me though.

Happy enough overall. Losing one of my cash leagues by a point really grates though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Salah/Hazard and Aguero/Auba decisions the main failures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

thunderdog wrote: »
    Glad to finally have a decent enough season after each of the last 5 seasons getting progressively worse (despite my beat efforts)

2014 2k
    2015 38k
    2016 65k
    2017 137k
    2018 496k
    2019 54k

What about your points though? That's the best way to see if you are making progress. There's 3 times more players now than in 2014. Mostly fools creating zombie teams to win the first day of whatever game week etc.

I've been consistently above 2000 points every season since 2003 and am happy enough with that. Had my worst season in a long time (just inside 500k) but I don't care. I was at 3M just after Christmas so think I did OK to turn it around. This is the first time that making an average of 60+ transfers across the season to bulk up value and buy the dream team hasn't paid off for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Disappointed I ended with a whimper after some green arrows of late. Just 45 points which leaves me with a finish of 79k.

Not a season I'll look back on with much fondness. Most annoyed at myself for the lack of patience I showed earlier in the campaign. Paid the price for some rash decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

KevIRL wrote: »
    Absolutely outstanding. Very well played sir.

You should be featured on a national radio station for this...

Damn right.

Many have been on for having lesser life achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Disappointing end to the year with 46 points.

Dropped from 2.5k to 5,400 OR (just outside the Top 5k).

Counted up winnings and it totals to €1,515 so definitely happy with that. Will put that aside now for the family holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

dsmythy wrote: »
    Looks like 49 (-4). Not the hottest end. Thankfully nothing on the line!

Fell from 26k to 38k. Was my 6th hit of the season and the only one that didn't pay off immediately looking back. No policy on hits next year for me on that basis. Take them when they're necessary.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Disappointing end to the year with 46 points.

Dropped from 2.5k to 5,400 OR (just outside the Top 5k).

Counted up winnings and it totals to €1,515 so definitely happy with that. Will put that aside now for the family holiday

:eek::eek::eek:

Congrats!

(Also congrats on the OR. Even though it may seem disappointing now, it's actually superb tbf. :) Albeit not as superb as SlickRic...:pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

82 for today, finished on 72k

My highest points total ever with 2288, but my lowest OR in 4 years. Just shows how tough the game is getting, perhaps we need to adjust our targets slightly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

51 (-4) and a big red arrow to 65k. Disappointing end to the season, but not a bad one overall.

My no transfer team finished the season on 397K OR, 2169 points. Quite respectable really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

80 (-4) .... finished on 28k which is my highest finish to date so have to be hewt I guess but having spent the middle third of the season in the top 10k it feels like a serious anticlimax.

Will be glad of a break from the game for a few months now.

Enjoy your summers everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

After GW 35 I was at 30K

After GW 38, I am at 85k

Deflated does not even begin to describe it

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Fairly meh year. Finished with 2234.

I think dropping the ball over Christmas was undoing for the year. Anyway it's now time to detox until mid to late July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

82, good second half of the season sees me climb 1.8m places to 283k and stay in league 1, looking forward to next year and thanks for all the help, ye are a sound bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Overall a great season. Top 10k was my aim. My best finish to date. 31k > 197k > 255k > 176k > 27k (2019)

The standard in the Boards Zarquons pay league is insane, I finished 16th! Still might enter more leagues next year though....just ones with no Boards members :)

Advertisement