Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording from BBC

• 12-05-2019 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I have Soarview and wondered if there was any way I can record?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Zelda247 wrote: »
    I have Soarview and wondered if there was any way I can record?

Yes, there are some Saorview boxes that record. What hardware have you?

The BBC isn't a Saorview channel Btw, you usually need a satellite dish and a satellite box to receive it (unless you live close to the border or the eastern coast then you can sometimes get the spillover of Freeview)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

["The high horse brigai have de;110162540"]Yes, there are some Saorview boxes that record. What hardware have you?

I have a Sony smart tv and human freeway box, also a satellite dish. Human is useless, it's only part recording stuff.

The BBC isn't a Saorview channel Btw, you usually need a satellite dish and a satellite box to receive it (unless you live close to the border or the eastern coast then you can sometimes get the spillover of Freeview)[/quote]

I have a Sony smart tv and human freeway box, also a satellite dish. Human is useless, it's only part recording stuff.

Human freeway? Do you mean Humax Freesat?

You will need an antenna a Saorview signal. Do you have one?

Human freeway? Do you mean Humax Freesat?

You will need an antenna a Saorview signal. Do you have one?

Yes, sorry Humax and antenna, it's still useless.

The Humax is generally regarded as a very decent Freesat box. What exact issue are you having?

For a Saorview box with Freesat there have been several threads here including this one today. There is no off the shelf box.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057979074/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could be recording restrictions on HD channels if you are trying to record on to external hard drive/usb key, can you record the non hd channels?

It's only part recording programs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's only part recording programs.
    Make sure you have good signal on both tuners on all the channels you are trying to record.

If the times it stopped recording match other recordings or when you changed channels that might indicate the above.

Advertisement