Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat around the middle

• 12-05-2019 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I know this is an old book by Marilyn Grenville. But I do find myself referring back to it sometimes. On of her top tips is reducing caffeine a lot & even more beneficial going caffeine free as it acts in the same way as sugar by encouraging storage of fat around the waist. This is my problem area, I also know about the importance of not eating too much calories also. I used to be a big black tea drinker & now instead take only white tea & green tea, max 2 cups daily. Am not as tired as I was & have a lot more energy! Feel I could also have some thyroid issues & as I have been researching also on flouride in tea & the connection with the thyroid & how it affects it. Anyone else like me, interested to hear other comments

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I wouldnt worry too much about the caffeine tbh. Most studies show positive health benefits of moderate coffee consumption. I can guarantee youll lose your belly if you just watch what you eat, regardless of how much or how little caffeine you ingest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I've lost 50kg over the last couple of years on the Ketogenic diet. I drink lots of coffee and it had no impact on my weight loss. Carbs are your enemy, not coffee or fat for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭tamara25

Thanks for the replies! A couple of years ago I did cut down on carbs a lot & lost a stone. Delighted at the time but can’t lose the remaining stone. I wouldn’t be able to cut out carbs completely, I have an office job which is very sedentary, but try to get out walking at least 3 times weekly. I have heard of Keto before but don’t think I could sustain it. I could also be pre menopause too so that probably doesn’t help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I'm POST menopause and starting to seriously wonder if Tummy Shaving is a thing. Maybe a sculptor with a large chisel could just chip the whole thing right off. :D:D

Work out the calories needed to sustain life at my age and state of life - it is laughably small.
    And I am very active. If I try to restrict I get unbearably hungry.
    And I eat really well - all fresh, loads veg, very few sugars or starches.

There's no real answer and its bl00dy frustrating (sorry OP for hijacking your thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭tamara25

Thanks for your input! Yes I get very down about my weight sometimes, I think especially as a woman once you hit 40 it’s impossible to lose the weight. I have spent so much time looking up every diet under the sun!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement