Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome Icon

Options
  • 12-05-2019 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

The Google Chrome icon at the bottom of my home screen has changed recently from the circular coloured Chrome icon to the icon having a little 'person/guest' icon on it. What is the cause of this and how do I change it back to what it was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Not using chrome so can't say "why", chrome themselves potentially make it to display your profile picture with update.

I would say: "who cares what icon it is, as long i can recognize what program it points to", but if you have this type obsession or other reason...

If you are talking about icon on taskbar or desktop on Windows
    https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-icon-shortcut

Icons usually stored in folder "visualelements" or similar, its either .ICO or .PNG extension in program directory (C:\Program Files\yourprogram) or subfolder.

You might/can create and safe whatever icon you like and use it. Tools available online for free. There is limitation regards image size.

Advertisement