Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs Munster - The buildup for the ages!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Friends not going with us tomorrow so two spare north stand if anyone's interested.

Edit : gone now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Match day! Really looking forward to this. Great looking Leinster team, and I just hope they click, because Munster will be up for this, and having Earls and Carbery back is huge for them.

Dull morning here, but almost no wind, so good conditions for some decent rugby.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jack o donoghue and sexton both to come off the bench with 20 left and both to get carded beating the heads off each other ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

So my take from this thread is:

RDS is a shíthole but great for food, Christ on a bike, who goes to a match for the food,

Rugby...., Fardy and Sexton off the bench on 50 should swing it the home way or JJ coming off the bench (aimlessly kicking ball away) will be the nail in the coffin for Munster.

Mad prediction : Lowe and Conway will get yellows for challenges in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Kenny B wrote: »
    So my take from this thread is:

RDS is a shíthole but great for food, Christ on a bike, who goes to a match for the food,

Rugby...., Fardy and Sexton off the bench on 50 should swing it the home way or JJ coming off the bench (aimlessly kicking ball away) will be the nail in the coffin for Munster.

Talking of aimless kicking, Sexton has a habit of kicking high balls to the 22 allowing the opposition to call the mark, he's been doing these kicks for quite some time now, for both Ireland and Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Mad Prediction: one (or both) sets of supporters will be whining about the ref. long before the FA Cup Final has kicked off.

I'm tempted to kick start the process right away, but feel obliged to respect the principle that every man is innocent until found guilty before a jury of his peers.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Charlie 22

The other issue with the RDS is finding a pisser if you are in the north or south stands. It isn't very clear what way to go.

I'll also try to sit in the middle of the unreserved seating get up several times for heinos and spud straining ....

The game is hard to call 10mins of rugby will tell a lot about the attitudes of both teams Munster really need to be up for this to have a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They should have all semi finals at neutral grounds but the Aviva would be picked as that's really neutral

For curiosity the only suitable place would be the showgrounds in Galway.

Charlie 22 wrote: »

The game is hard to call 10mins of rugby will tell a lot about the attitudes of both teams Munster really need to be up for this to have a chance

I wouldn't be too worried about that! The sight of hordes of wealthy, well-educated people on all sides of the ground is normally sufficient to trigger Munster's permanent feeling of inadequacy and resentment.

Additionally, the incentive for POM to have a second attempt at ending Stuart Hogg's rugby career for good will have him lepping up and down and frothing at the mouth like a Duracell bunny on crack cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They should have all semi finals at neutral grounds but the Aviva would be picked as that's really neutral

For curiosity the only suitable place would be the showgrounds in Galway.

You get home advantage based on your performance through out the league. Why on earth should that reward be taken away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

Squatter wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too worried about that! The sight of hordes of wealthy, well-educated people on all sides of the ground is normally sufficient to trigger Munster's permanent feeling of inadequacy and resentment.

Additionally, the incentive for POM to have a second attempt at ending Stuart Hogg's rugby career for good will have him lepping up and down and frothing at the mouth like a Duracell bunny on crack cocaine.

Hello Mr. Child, this is a rugby thread, not the b*tch thread of the FA cup thread, any opinions on what actually happens on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I remember a simpler time. A time where most posters talked to each other like respectful and polite adults. A time when you could open the forum and find interesting and relevant discussions going on to partake in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

lowe-1068x623.jpg

Burger buns?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Charlie 22

I'm worried after Treviso that was criminal how bad they played. It should go without saying that they will be up for Leinster but I'm not sure. And also the midweek news could not help unless there is a clamour for 'do it for the boys'.

For all the talk of being up for it Munster are just so blunt in attack which can't be rectified in a week and no amount of passion can overcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

I have a spare ticket for todays game. Anglesea Stand..face value ono
    pm me

Charlie 22 wrote: »
    The other issue with the RDS is finding a pisser if you are in the north or south stands. It isn't very clear what way to go.

I'll also try to sit in the middle of the unreserved seating get up several times for heinos and spud straining ....

Plenty of bogs within seconds of the south and north stands, short of have a massive 100ft lit up sign directly over them they couldn’t be more obvious.

South stand looking at the pitch, immediately to your left passed the bar, directly behind and to the right, on the right side pass under the Anglesey stand and they are left and right.

North stand facing pitch, immediately behind and to the right of the stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

molloyjh wrote: »
    I remember a simpler time. A time where most posters talked to each other like respectful and polite adults. A time when you could open the forum and find interesting and relevant discussions going on to partake in.

Agreed.

So...

People's thoughts on it being a high scoring game or a try-lite game?

Both teams have players who can expose space and turn on the afterburners so hoping for a good few tries in this. Leinsters and Munsters defence have generally been quite mean but have been occasionally porous here and there.

I love the RDS atmosphere for these games (high stakes and European games tend to attract noise and passion there) so it'll hopefully be an absolute cauldron of noise.

Excited for today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Agreed.

So...

Both teams have players who can expose space and turn on the afterburners so hoping for a good few tries in this. Leinsters and Munsters defence have generally been quite mean but have been occasionally porous here and there.

I love the RDS atmosphere for these games (high stakes and European games tend to attract noise and passion there) so it'll hopefully be an absolute cauldron of noise.

Excited for today!

Munster will definitely be low scoring anyway. So either they keep Leinster low scoring as well or they get blown out.

Agreed.

So...

Excited for today!

Munster struggle to breakdown organized defences. Though our defence hasn’t been as good this year as last year. I would still see Munster struggling to break us down with their one out runners. Might be some individual moments of magic from Carberry, Earls or Farrell but I don’t see them scoring many tries. Equally their defence is formidable and I think we may struggle to open them up. Probably won’t be a whole heap of tries in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Can't see anything other than a Munster victory. Well rested whilst Leinster are coming off the most physical game of club rugby I've seen in years. Too big an ask for Leinster to match that level of intensity again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I discovered that Roly's beef is supplied by John Hayes.
    What a ligindary restaurant. :)

Hello Mr. Child,

Are you trying to groom me? If so I urge the Mods to ban you and to make Tusla aware of your despicable actions. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Sigh......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sigh......

Leave Hayes alone. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Any tips for surviving the opulent cornucopia of Merrion Rd? I suppose keep the knuckles above knee height and the slack jawed awe gaping at the urban splendor to a minimum?

• Advertisement

Plenty of Munster fans in the ground already. I’d say the atmosphere should be cracking by kick off time.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

If the game was in the Aviva I'd be less confident from a Leinster pov, but they'll be wounded after last week and the thoughts of Munster winning on their patch should serve as enough of a battle cry for them. I can't see the Leinster side letting that happen and they've the quality on the pitch to ensure it doesn't. A scrappy enough affair for me with Leinster just doing enough to keep Munster at bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

What channel is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Skyfloater

Eir, but tg4 have it on later this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Billy Holland replaced by Wycherley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Holland out Wycherly on the bench watch out Johnny 😁
    Dang beaten to it

Good start from Leinster.

Hopefully they can keep that level up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Off to a good start. I'm not sure Munster will be able to keep up with the intensity if they're trying to emulate Saracens.

Munster fans mostly in the cheap seats in the North and south stand

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I know Leinster got the ball in the end but how have the officials missed that forward pass?

Someone needs to tell Lowe to tighten his shorts.

This is great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Breathless stuff, think the ref will struggle with this one

Larmour is being used as a link man a lot here. It's not always working but we're getting outside Munster's defence.

Ringrose absolutely drilled Carbery there.

That's an appalling decision.

• Advertisement

Lowe is clearly trying to catch that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Seriously that's a yellow card???
    Surely that's a genuine attempt to catch the ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Think that’s harsh. Thought it was a genuine effort at the intercept. Will take it though and hopefully we can take advantage.

Good game so far

He was nowhere near it in fairness. It's the gamble you play, when you snatch at it with one hand, if it doesn't go to hand it's a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Think that’s harsh. Thought it was a genuine effort at the intercept. Will take it though and hopefully we can take advantage.

Good game so far

Yeah he is trying to gather.

He was nowhere near it in fairness. It's the gamble you play, when you snatch at it with one hand, if it doesn't go to hand it's a yellow.

He's trying to gather it at it goes through him.

It's not like he slapped it forward with no genuine attempt to gather it.

This all came from a knock-on against Ringrose when he clearly didn't touch it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Infringement of a linebreak into opposition 22= yellow card, I believe he was trying to go for the intercept but when you go for it with one hand opposed to two, it’s going to be a yellow all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Went in 1 handed so when knocked on and there was an attack going on it's a decision for the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Stander screaming at James Ryan. It was 7 vs 8 mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

What about stander inviting ruddock the hard man of the Leinster back row to take a seat earlier on

Advertisement