Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing playgrounds

Options
  • 12-05-2019 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

This might be a strange one, but I've heard a few people say that over the boom, developers were supposed to build playgrounds but went bust before it happened.

Has anyone an example of someplace this happened?

I'm looking at playgrounds in Ireland at the moment, I found this document with play policy, and intended ratios of population per playground (should be 1 playground per 10000 people).
    https://www.dcya.gov.ie/documents/publications/NCOPlayPolicy_eng.pdf

Dublin seems to be hitting it, if you look at page 18, alon with Leitrim and Roscommon, but nowhere else.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

A development near us started in 2012/2013 and the developer drip fed the houses over the last 7 years or so, building a street at a time.The development is only just about finished now, and the second last thing to be put in was the playground.I would say shops and creches and things are similar.They like to throw houses up first and amenities paddy-last once they can get away with it.

Mind you I was in another new development at the weekend, and there is a phase 2 being started.Phase 1 is big, easily 50+houses.I got fairly lost and now that you say it.....I didn't see a playground there anywhere.It will probably be added at the tail end of Phase two.

Advertisement