Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GOT actor claims that final 2 books are finished

• 13-05-2019 7:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeftoI3c81c&feature=youtu.be&t=1901

see at 31:40.

Barristan selmy actor claims that final 2 books are completed but that GRR as contracted not to publish until after show is completed.

Seems farfetched tbh, sounds like a conspiracy theory, I can't really see why showrunners would insist on such a contractual term. Still there it is for what it is worth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Granda Joe really hates the show for what they did to Selmy, and I can't blame him!

I've suspected for sometime both books have been written, guess we will find out soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

How true can this be, given that the show has clearly suffered without having the books to base it off? Unless the books are as bad as this final season and they were left up sh!t creek.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

How is the internet not going mad about this - true or not, it's surely worth mentioning!

Perhaps GRRM will make a statement now.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I doubt he knows it to be true, just repeating a rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So is the final season crap?

I was going to wait til they were all complete before binge watching them.

But not a massive GOT fan, so could easily pass if it's crap.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »

No. Lots of criticisms, most justified, but lots to like too.

Individually, a couple of the episodes aren't great. A couple are great.

There is significant fanservice, something GRRM himself criticized.

The plot developments in the bigger episodes annoyed some people. The second was natural though, and I start to see how the first works in the overall scheme now.

It's unnecessarily rushed, yet dull in a couple of places.

One of the episodes was the most thrilling thing I've seen on TV. Another evoked more complex strong reaction in me. The direction is great in both, though spectacle rules over sense in one. The acting in one is great too, better than I thought some of them were capable of.

There's reason to think the ending might disappoint, such as cast members stating that outright.

Some people are disappointed or frustrated with character development. It was natural really, but a little rushed.

Worth watching no matter what your opinion is, even if just as something you can talk about with 80% of everyone you meet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

NIMAN wrote: »

Someone summed it up as great visuals, **** story telling. Depending what you want from the show you can make a call accordingly.

I reckon it's true because it's the best explanation for the last two seasons being rushed. The publisher could have given a limit to how much they could show or how long they could take. I also think it's in the publisher's interest to publish soon after the TV show concludes - more so than to publish earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Advertisement