Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basement floor lowering

Options
  • 13-05-2019 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have a basement in a regular 1960s 4 bed semi in South Dublin. It is 1.75m high and 50m2 in area. It is built on a slope, the has rear access to the back garden without steps, but the front is below ground.

I was wondering how feasible / costly it would be to lower the floor, ideally 0.5m. I read that foundation underpinning can be expensive so I was wondering if it was possible to go down a smaller amount without requiring this.

It is roughly finished with a dusty cement floor, exposed joists and unplastered. I would hope to use this as a home office / play room. This problem is that if I was to get flooring it would reduce the height further.

Could someone offer advice or cost estimates? Or even advice on how to get advice.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

Advertisement