Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2019 Stage 3 - Vinci - Orbetello, 219km

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ah that's my velogames points gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

big sock debate here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Weepsie wrote: »

You should have done "first past the post"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I think if I closed my eyes I couldn't tell the difference between Brian Smith and Greame Souness - their voices sound identical to me.

Brian sounds like Frankie Boyle to me. Both from Glasgow (well, Paisley for Brian). Graham is from Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Just catching up on the sprint now, I have seen worse go unpunished but it is not a natural move and shuts the door on Moshetti, notice how Demare expects greater contact between Viviani and Moschetti and heads straight for the barriers.
    https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1127967828072697857

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Raam wrote: »
    Brian sounds like Frankie Boyle to me. Both from Glasgow (well, Paisley for Brian). Graham is from Edinburgh.

Yeah, in fairness I haven't a clue, I'm sure to a native Scot they probably sound as different as a Cork man and a Dub.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I was surprised the commentators weren't talking about it before it happened
    When I was watching it I thought Viviani blocked that guy and would get penalised, but no one mentioned it on Europsort. So then I just assumed I didn't know enough about the intricacies of sprinting. Italian fans will be furious.
    cunavalos wrote: »
    Just catching up on the sprint now, I have seen worse go unpunished but it is not a natural move and shuts the door on Moshetti, notice how Demare expects greater contact between Viviani and Moschetti and heads straight for the barriers.
    https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1127967828072697857

I thought they mentioned it repeatedly, just not making it out to be a DQ offence but that it was dubious.

Is he DQd out of the race altogether, or just taken the win from him? reminds me of Sagan getting getting kicked out of the Tour, for a far more minor offence in my opinion.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Is he DQd out of the race altogether, or just taken the win from him? reminds me of Sagan getting getting kicked out of the Tour, for a far more minor offence in my opinion.

Ah no just his result not counting, he's still in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Viviani's Italian jersey is horrible

• Advertisement

Viviani's Italian jersey is horrible
    Finally, a decent reason to penalise him

Was it Kelly who called it a pizza box Jersey earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Hard decision to make - would Viviani have won without the drift across - probably.

Would Moschetti have got by him - don't know, but might have got second.

Demare moved wide as mentioned, probably cost him a place?

I suppose he didn't hold his line so by the rules gets relegated to the end of the group he was in.

Wasn't it Demare who kick-started the Cav-Sag debacle with a switch?

Well, maybe not but he almost took out Bouhanni

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Weepsie wrote: »

Just logged into see I was top. I'd have been away out on front had they not DQd him

Advertisement