If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest TV for narrow space

Options
  • 13-05-2019 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I'm looking for a TV to fit in a cabinet that's 32½ inches wide.

What's the largest screen size that'll fit? A few years ago it was 32" but with narrower bezels I'm hoping there's something a little larger available now.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy, once it fits in that space, has a Freeview HD tuner (no satellite tuner needed) and has half-decent picture and sound quality it'll do fine.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

danm14 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a TV to fit in a cabinet that's 32½ inches wide.

What's the largest screen size that'll fit? A few years ago it was 32" but with narrower bezels I'm hoping there's something a little larger available now.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy, once it fits in that space, has a Freeview HD tuner (no satellite tuner needed) and has half-decent picture and sound quality it'll do fine.
    Hi danm14,

The biggest screen you'll be able to fit in will be a 32" as the next size up would be a 43" which is 38" wide on average.

We do have a selection of good 32" TVs however they would all be HD, not 4K. I would recommend something like the Sony KD32WD751:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202076-sony-bravia-kdl32wd751-32-inch-smart-led-tv-1080p-hd-freeview-hd.aspx

It's a great Full HD smart TV with a Freeview HD tuner built in.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Hi danm14,

The biggest screen you'll be able to fit in will be a 32" as the next size up would be a 43" which is 38" wide on average.

We do have a selection of good 32" TVs however they would all be HD, not 4K. I would recommend something like the Sony KD32WD751:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202076-sony-bravia-kdl32wd751-32-inch-smart-led-tv-1080p-hd-freeview-hd.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

I take it that 37" TVs are no longer manufactured? These were slightly too wide for the space a few years ago so I was hoping one with a narrower bezel would just fit.

If 32" is the largest available size to fit, I think I'll wait until what I have gives up - there's not much point in replacing a working 32" TV with another one.

Thanks very much for your help, and I'll definitely be back in touch when I do need a new TV.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

danm14 wrote: »
    Hi danm14,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

I take it that 37" TVs are no longer manufactured? These were slightly too wide for the space a few years ago so I was hoping one with a narrower bezel would just fit.

If 32" is the largest available size to fit, I think I'll wait until what I have gives up - there's not much point in replacing a working 32" TV with another one.

Thanks very much for your help, and I'll definitely be back in touch when I do need a new TV.
    Hi danm14,

Unfortunately they jump straight from a 32" to a 40 or 43" which would be too wide.

Sorry we couldn't help this time but let me know if you need anything in future!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.