Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice - could they come in sewage pipe

Options
  • 13-05-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi Mice are coming into house - cannot figure out how. But just thinking an air vent was put into sewage pipe - could they come in with this & swim up from toilet ?

I have checked where gas pipe come in etc & no holes.

Other possibility is they coming in up by the roof - could they climb up wall of two story house and come in at roof level ? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I honestly don't think mice can come up properly installed sewage pipes but I'm 100% sure that rats can. You can install a device in the drain to stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

They can easily climb walls and come in at soffit level.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Do you have a deck attached to the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭65535

They can easily climb walls and come in at soffit level.

Indeed, I have seen them climb up pebble dash on a wall and reach a tiny hole in a wall and get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

no decking attached - but at roof soffit level - some holes here as boards old...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Most likely throught the roof, they can climb walls and squeeze through the tiniest of holes. You can put traps up the attic and see if that's where you catch them before they get into the lower house. If they're getting into the attic then fill the holes with expanding foam or silicone, if it's a vent use a mesh over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

it can and does happen

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

it can and does happen

Big mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 68,578 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Always heard it said a mouse or rat will not go into a pipe where they cannot see daylight at the other end. Don't know if that is scientific or not, but makes sense.

Advertisement