Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing stock wheels

Options
  • 13-05-2019 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to upgrade the stock wheels on my bike which are currently 9mmx100mm Front QR and 9mmx135mm Rear QR.

Do I have to buy wheels with the exact same Hub sizes or is there some allowance up or down on the width? (I take it I'm limited in choice then from the searching for new Rims/Hubs or Wheelsets I've seen online)

Also, I read you can't fit thru-bolt to a QR axle frame but that some hubs come with an adapter to allow this?

It's a Merida Speeder 400 with stock Alex Rims and Joytech hubs.

I was looking at Shimano RX31's before I relaised they wouldn't fit which led me down the path of figuring out what would!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

135mm seems to be more associated with mountain bike bubs, from what i can see. road is typically 130mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Are 130mm an option with a spacer or do I have to stick to like for like?

Advertisement