Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan collected today but car traded 2 weeks ago.

Options
  • 13-05-2019 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Good morning,

I traded in my car which was with BOI finance 2 weeks ago. This was done with a main dealer and they cleared the loan on the car. This morning I noticed the monthly loan amount was removed from my account. This is most inconvenient as the money was there to cover my direct debits and I will now be hit with a referral fee on my account.

Very disappointing 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Should you have cancelled the direct debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The dealer cleared the loan? Did you cancel the direct debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

Call your bank and request reversal of dad under sepa rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Jem,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It may be best to contact Bank of Ireland Finance directly on 1890664466 and our team will be happy to look into this for you.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Hi Jem,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It may be best to contact Bank of Ireland Finance directly on 1890664466 and our team will be happy to look into this for you.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna
    Thanks Lorna,

It took me numerous phone calls and lots of time to get through to them when getting the settlement amount so I won't be spending any more time on it. Just wanted to express my disappointment. 

I did not cancel the dd as was not advised to and would have presumed a closed loan account would not be collecting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Jem123 wrote: »
    Thanks Lorna,

It took me numerous phone calls and lots of time to get through to them when getting the settlement amount so I won't be spending any more time on it. Just wanted to express my disappointment.

I did not cancel the dd as was not advised to and would have presumed a closed loan account would not be collecting.

Thanks for coming back to us Jem.

We are very sorry to hear you feel this way. We would recommend that you contact our Finance Department to ensure that any future payments are cancelled on the account. Alternatively you can cancel the Direct Debit online by logging into your account through a Pc/laptop, Select Current Account and recent transactions. If you scroll back to the last time the Direct Debit left your account and click on the + symbol beside it you will see the option to cancel the direct debit on the account.

It is very likely that the direct debit instruction raised prior to the closure of the finance agreement resulting in the debit being applied to your account. To apply for a SEPA refund please see here.

Please feel free to reach out to us here if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement