Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do An Post lock their phones? URGENT!!

Options
  • 13-05-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭

I've gone and lost my phone. My network is 3. The only place selling phones around here is An Post. Any one know if their phones are Sim free originally if I don't let them put an An Post card in.
    Getting my hands on a replacement Sim is my next problem.
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I've gone and lost my phone. My network is 3. The only place selling phones around here is An Post. Any one know if their phones are Sim free originally if I don't let them put an An Post card in.
    Getting my hands on a replacement Sim is my next problem.
    Thanks guys.

You near woodies? They sell sim free cheap and basic Nokia’s from €30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

From their T&C:

4. How can I unlock my phone so that I can use it on another network?

Customers who require the network unlock code for their handset must meet a qualifying condition, for Postmobile this condition is a minimum total Top Up value of €150 from the date of purchase of the handset.

So you'd assume yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Would you not be better off just driving to the nearest larger town and getting a new sim and handset there? Unless An Post port numbers quickly, you're going to be without your phone number anyway.

Or if you can't travel anywhere today, order a replacement sim and handset online. You'll have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cheers guys. Apparently replacement Sim takes 3-5 working days according to chat.
    I don't drive but I've the word out.
    Nearest places with 3 stores are a couple of hours away with infrequent transport.
    I know some network phones come unlocked if you can stop them putting their own Sim in originally.
    Think I'll be going on a road trip tomorrow.
    Bloody nuisance!!

Advertisement